AX8 Firmware Version 10.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
@vinnyburns :
I got the feeling that you are talking a lot the same in many threeads. Not that I don't understand and backing up the opinion regarding the bugs, but you need a reproduction. If not, I can assure you nobody will help you, because there is a plethora of possibilities which may cause a problem.

For example the freeze issue:
Seen it once, with the AX8Edit 1.9.0, USB, S/PDIF, doing nothing. And an old PC which has a lot of problems keeping the connection alive.

So, this is a whole bunch of environmental variables which may lead to the problem, so you need to hunt it down. I say "you", but could also mean "me". Usually, I tell our support guys what to ask, since I have an idea how to trigger problems on our products, but usually if some of the guys say "I've got a problem, and changed one thing", that means they changed 1000things and have no idea what is happening. You get a "yeah, it doesn't work", and a lot of complaints, but if you cannot reproduce it on your system, then you can only ignore it. That's @chris point.

So, you got the stuff working out for you:
Staying on firmware 6.04.
If that is okay, and you want to buy another product - everything okay. But if you experience problems, even if it is "if I let the AX8 run for 24h straight, then it turns down", then you have to use a current firmware (nobody will Branch out) and try to reproduce it.

It is a computer, after all. And a company with a very small software department. Keep that in mind.

And please, please please, not again 20 posts about how guys in the forums are spoiled, and that you hate the bug situation. You are not the only one, but people really get tired of this circle to circle argumentation and direct "no it's your fault" attitude. I assume, at least me, and I didn't want to write anything. But after many weeks, I really feel tired of the same old complaints, over and over, and the same discussion structure only aiming to show that you have a different opinion and nobody understands it.

Thank you, no more stuff from me regarding this topic, since it may heating up the discussion unnecessarily more. But I couldn't hold it any longer ;)

Chris interacts with customers. Is that hard for you to comprehend?
Almost every person that posts on this forum interacts with Fractal customers. It's a Fractal product forum. Not hard to comprehend at all.

Some people think Chris works for them.
I knew as soon as I posted on this thread that the same four or five people would have to jump to the defence.
Go ahead, please, call us Fan boys next... ;)

I'm not jumping to anyone's defense. Who or what did I defend? Please explain to me where that happened because I didn't.

I offered YOU the ability to see if YOU experience any of these bugs so that YOU could contribute to towards helping Fractal find and fix the bugs.
I am stuck on a much earlier firmware.
You keep saying that, but you're not. Repeating things doesn't make them fact.

You are choosing to be stuck.

Coming here and angrily posting about how bugs you have never encountered are causing you to not updated is silly. There are many people using the latest firmware that don't experience bugs. Very likely you would have the same experience...

Anyway, I'm out.

Still strange that some users seem to be affected by that bug and others are not - why is that so?
I´m touring with the AX8 (on FW 10.01) for years now with many hundred shows and never had any issues, but now i start to get nervous:)

Anyway, I´m sure they get this problem solved and as long as a better ares isn´t for the price of sacrificing the system stability I´m really looking forward to the improvements.

Last edited:
@vinnyburns Mine's on the latest firmware, and I've had no issues whatsoever, other folks are saying they aren't having issues, is that not sufficient to give the latest firmware a try?

I'm working on Ares 2.00 for the AX-8. It's difficult though since the processor isn't as powerful and I'm having difficulty getting the new algorithms to run in the allotted time. I've also been sick all week and only have enough strength to work a couple hours a day.

Thanks Cliff and this is a good news for a long time.

As we raised quarrels during these days, I have some opinions to share:

1 What attracted me from L6 to FAS is not only the sound, but also long-time upgrade support. I investigated the update frequency of AXE-FX II, and I thought the floor unit would be the same mantainced. It's not only about "fun" or "update paranoid" (sorry for my English skill I cannot express the word precisely, I hope you get it), but also the upgrades KEEP THE VALUE of the unit. The value is considered in retail price. So if a unit is not upgraded a while after its launch time, it's not a TRUE FAS UNIT. So I am very happy to see the AX-8 get upgraded again!!!

2 Ares 2.00, which is not so important to me myself. I use this unit for practice and some not-so-professional gig. The sound is already far better than a not well mic-ed guitar amplifier. It's enough for me. What I want is bug-fix, more easy-to-use, and better responsive time (mainly the pitch block). So I hope the new firmares will bring these improvements too.

Last words, thank you Cliff again and take some rest. Wish to see the firmware soon and hear you get better :)

Last edited:
Great news about Ares for the AX8. Q10.01 is definitely the best sounding version so far to my ears and am very much looking forward to testing the improved Ares modelling.

It was my mistake that commented on the other thread. I’ll delete it. I followed the wrong link. As far as pushy, I disagree. It’s all in good fun with a 0.0048 chance of happening so....

i full well don't follow or remember every single person's situation.

mine has never frozen. if anything, i have experienced the volume to zero % issue once while trying to make it happen, and never again. i use my ax8 2x a week live minimum.

i can't help fix what isn't happening to me.
Ir sometimes happens to me. My volume goes to 0. But is just turn off and on. It gets normal.

I was given the impression that another amp modeling update for the AX8 was highly unlikely, so hearing Ares 2 is in the works now is great news! Hope the hardware obstacles can be overcome. I'm sure that takes a fair bit of programming/engineering skills :)

Ir sometimes happens to me. My volume goes to 0. But is just turn off and on. It gets normal.
I've had the volume go to 0 also, though IIRC it's never happened at a gig, only at home (when I'm connected to Ax8 Edit). I'm pretty sure it has happened only when changing presets, and then the fix is changing presets again.

I've had the volume go to 0 also, though IIRC it's never happened at a gig, only at home (when I'm connected to Ax8 Edit). I'm pretty sure it has happened only when changing presets, and then the fix is changing presets again.

you're right, no need to turn off, just change presets

you're right, no need to turn off, just change presets
In fact, no need to change presets, either. Just bump the Level knob.

And yes, it’s only happened to me when AX8-Edit is connected. I’ve only heard one person report that it happened when AX8-Edit wasn’t connected.

Last edited:
So, I'm brand new to fractal, JUST got my AX8. What is the issue with the current firmware that everyone is so hyped?

That's been my experience for the past few days, but like I said, I'm a newb.
Bamm-Bamm from Jemsite?

Welcome! What took you so long?

The new 2.0 firmware will add some improved amp modeling from the latest generation tech in Axe-FX III. And perhaps fix a intermittent issues reported by some users. The latter topic is hotly debated which has caused unrest in out normally peaceful forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom