Anyone use Input Dynamics?

Do you use Input Dynamics in the Amp block?

• No

Votes: 179 59.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 121 40.3%

• Total voters
EDIT: Just realized this is an old thread. Glad it didn't get removed! Haha!

I don't have my Axe handy at the moment, but if it's what I'm thinking it is, I use it on all of my amps with it set to "feedback" and the input parameter set to 1 - 2.

It's a great trick to get more harmonics at lower gain settings, preserving headroom.

EDIT: Just realized this is an old thread. Glad it didn't get removed! Haha!

I don't have my Axe handy at the moment, but if it's what I'm thinking it is, I use it on all of my amps with it set to "feedback" and the input parameter set to 1 - 2.

It's a great trick to get more harmonics at lower gain settings, preserving headroom.
It's not what you think it is LOL.

I voted no when this thread started but changed my vote to yes as I have really come to appreciate the amp block dynamics page recently - now, when I'm looking for pre or post compression, I first reach for the amp dynamics page for a "quick and easy" adjustment requiring no additional compression block - if I want something special, then I go to a separate compression block.

Nothing to do with resource constraints. These Keystone processors chew through data like a hot chainsaw through a sorority girl. The Axe-Fx III is a beast. I don't think people realize how powerful it is. It has the equivalent power of 8 SHARC chips, at least. And that's just the DSP. The memory bus is 3-4 times faster than other stuff.

I've created an algorithm that tightens the bass as you play lower notes. I want to add it to the amp block but people are starting to complain about the excessive number of parameters so I was thinking maybe I could replace one of the controls on the dynamics page with this if no one was using it.

my opinion...
People complaining are free zu use authentic mode and leave the rest alone.
No one forces anybody to use all the possibilities and the users who appreciate the deep editing features are happy to have them.

I've created an algorithm that tightens the bass as you play lower notes. I want to add it to the amp block but people are starting to complain about the excessive number of parameters so I was thinking maybe I could replace one of the controls on the dynamics page with this if no one was using it.

Was this something you ended up not incorporating to the unit? It sounds like an incredible algorithm, very useful.

I use Input Dynamics in expander mode to get a more extreme difference when I roll off the volume knob in my guitar. I think it would be a shame to remove any feature at all on the Axe-FX III, and new features would be best just added to the unit, rather than replacing something else.

As you know, people will complain about absolutely anything. You've already created Authentic mode for those who don't want to delve further, but I don't know why those people feel the need to complain about having access to more power; it's so wrong in so many ways.

I find a balance between the Compressor Block and the Dynamics Page using both together to get me the Vince Gill, Ray Flack, Brent Mason, Jerry Reed (Amos Moses) and John McFee(Southern Pacific years) compressor squish I just couldn't get in just the Compressor Block. I happily stumbled upon this one night going through the advanced parameters of the Amp Block. Very effective for those clean chicken-picken' tones.
The Dynamics Input of the Amp Block is my final setting to get the final attack of the sound I'm looking for.

The Dynamics Input of the Amp Block is my final setting to get the final attack of the sound I'm looking for.

Yes, Yes, Yes! I feel like this is a hugely underutilized section of the Amp Block, so much more powerful than one would imagine. And I like adjusting at the end too; to me it's not about the frequencies at that point in the tweaking, it's just about the feel and the response, and it's a perfect way to get just that little bit more of perfect expression to whatever you're playing.

So this isn't Input Dynamics?
View attachment 102319
That's Dynamics - both Input and Output.

The setting you referred to in your previous post is Output (note that Feedback is under Out Comp Type) :)

Edit:

Looks like your previous post actually references both. But Feedback has nothing to do with Input Dynamics.

Also, your Out Compression is 0, so Feedback (or any other) type for Output Comp isn't relevant in any case.

That's Dynamics - both Input and Output.

The setting you referred to in your previous post is Output (note that Feedback is under Out Comp Type) :)

Edit:

Looks like your previous post actually references both. But Feedback has nothing to do with Input Dynamics.

Also, your Out Compression is 0, so Feedback (or any other) type for Output Comp isn't relevant in any case.
Apparently, it is what I thought it was, LOL.

Last edited:
Nothing to do with resource constraints. These Keystone processors chew through data like a hot chainsaw through a sorority girl. The Axe-Fx III is a beast. I don't think people realize how powerful it is. It has the equivalent power of 8 SHARC chips, at least. And that's just the DSP. The memory bus is 3-4 times faster than other stuff.

I have to reply on this subject.
I have told guitarist about the axe 3 for a few years. when I try to explain all that it can do there eyes gloss over and I loss there
attention, this unit is so powerful, its hard to tell people what it can do. the only way I got someone to understand is when I put a guitar in there hand and had them play, as I dinked around with the setting, The FC12 mostly blows away most as to its capability's.

Back
Top Bottom