Announcing MFC-Edit - Official editor for the MFC-101

Yosemite Compatibility Fixed!

I've made a good fix that I'm happy with. There's no compromise on security or performance. Yosemite will now launch MFC-Edit correctly whether or not Java is installed and the very first time you execute MFC-Edit on MAC it will take a second or two to detect the java versions installed. If it doesn't find one you are prompted to install it. If you are sure that you have Java installed, just answer "No" to the install it now prompt and MFC-Edit will take another second and perform a more extensive search and find it. Subsequent launches of MFC-Edit will be very quick because it already knows where the Java is installed.

I'll get this uploaded around 7pm tonight, Eastern Standard Time.

Bwanagary, you are DEFINITELY Fractal-level talent. Congrats on the partnership, I bought your program a few months ago, happy to see that your program is now a supported tool.

Thanks everyone for all the congrats. I'd like to answer a question that has come up a couple of times already:

"If we bought the earlier version of MFC-Edit (pre FAS) ... where are we with upgrades etc?" - to paraphrase. As long as you have a valid license key you are still eligible for the free updates of the FAS-branded MFC-Edit. The encryption algorithm has changed for the FAS version so your pre-FAS license key will not longer work if you upgrade. I have a database of all my customers pre-FAS and their corresponding license key. When you upgrade to the FAS version please be sure to email me with the following information and if you're in my database of licensees I will issue you with a new license key for free. The information I'll need is:
  • First Name
  • Last Name
  • Existing License Key
  • Operating System
Once I have this information I'll look you up in my database and issue you with a new key so that you can continue to get the updates.

Please send the email with the above information to gary.heller@fractalaudio.com and put "new license" in the subject line.

Thanks
-Gary

If we have a previous license, where do we download the upgrade? When i click on the link at the beginning of this thread it takes me to shopfractalaudio site and wants money....

Supported by Fractal was enough for me to buy. I checked out the program earlier and while useful I did not want to rely on it for fear of how quick things change with firmware. I'm in now.

So... can we get some screenshots of what all that tabs look like? I think it would be a great sales tool, and also it could give us some idea about what the workflow is going to be like before we start working.

FAS has only gotten better and better with each FW upgrade since I've gotten it and think this is a great partnership. Congrats to both FAS and Gary.

Thanks Gary, mail sent

Thanks everyone for all the congrats. I'd like to answer a question that has come up a couple of times already:

"If we bought the earlier version of MFC-Edit (pre FAS) ... where are we with upgrades etc?" - to paraphrase. As long as you have a valid license key you are still eligible for the free updates of the FAS-branded MFC-Edit. The encryption algorithm has changed for the FAS version so your pre-FAS license key will not longer work if you upgrade. I have a database of all my customers pre-FAS and their corresponding license key. When you upgrade to the FAS version please be sure to email me with the following information and if you're in my database of licensees I will issue you with a new license key for free. The information I'll need is:
  • First Name
  • Last Name
  • Existing License Key
  • Operating System
Once I have this information I'll look you up in my database and issue you with a new key so that you can continue to get the updates.

Please send the email with the above information to gary.heller@fractalaudio.com and put "new license" in the subject line.

Thanks
-Gary

Fractal-Bot won't accept the file from my MFC Mk II. I keep getting this and always shows 0 Bytes, even though the MFC went through the process...

Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 7.24.25 PM.jpg

Here's my dilemma lol, if anyone can help who's running OS X Yosemite... I purchased the Mac version and I have 2 Mac's. One is a Mac Pro running OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard and the other is a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.10 Yosemite. I can get my MFC Sys Dump from my Mac Pro because I connect a M-Audio MidiSport 4x4 to my MFC. My MacBook Pro doesn't recognize the M-Audio MidiSport and I can't run the MFC-Edit from my Mac Pro since it's on 10.6.8. I can't upgrade without affecting ProTools drastically on the Mac Pro. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work with the current configuration I have?

Back
Top Bottom