Announcing MFC-Edit - Official editor for the MFC-101

Well done, Gary! Well done, FAS!

The support on this product is second to none, Gary deserved a two week vacation at Club Med after all the questions I threw at him!

It will be worth the re-investment for previous owners. Talked with Gary about it a little over e-mail. Makes complete sense, and a great resource for anything beyond just the most basic programming. In other words, another worthwhile and useful tool for Axe FX owners.

I have both Windows and Mac computers... do I have to buy both versions?
Excellent question, and one that I have as well. I use a Mac in my home studio for individual practice / tracking, but for full-band rehearsals and tours I use a PC laptop. I'd like to have the flexibility of using the editor on either platform.

I don't bother with the MFC configuration or layout enough to justify buying this, but hey its cool that FAS officially supports it now.

"Your license code will be issued separately via email. You can still use the software while waiting for the license code."

Mine says the evaluation period has expired. Can't use it without it. What now?

excellent... now we are just waiting for MFC-102 with direct USB connection and real time editing... muuuaahhaahaaa... countdown... 10... 9.... 8.... 8.... 8.... soon...

Congrats Gary, already bought your version. Will buy FAS version as well, cheap for a great tool

"Your license code will be issued separately via email. You can still use the software while waiting for the license code."

Mine says the evaluation period has expired. Can't use it without it. What now?

I got the same thing, though I thought it was because I had a previous MFC-Edit version on my system. I sent an email to sales as I'm still awaiting a license code from my order yesterday. This is FAS so it will no doubt be sorted out in short order. :)

I bought the MFC-Edit yesterday. After the purchase, download a program on a link and install. My questions are:
1. When can I expect the license key in the mail
2. How should I connect the MFC-101 to work with the program. MIDI cable as well as to upgrade?
3. Where can I read in detail how to connect the MFC, and what should I do to be able to edit the parameters MFC-101 using MFC-Edit?

In the instructions, I could not find a description of the start of work.

I bought the MFC-Edit yesterday. After the purchase, download a program on a link and install. My questions are:
1. When can I expect the license key in the mail
2. How should I connect the MFC-101 to work with the program. MIDI cable as well as to upgrade?
3. Where can I read in detail how to connect the MFC, and what should I do to be able to edit the parameters MFC-101 using MFC-Edit?

In the instructions, I could not find a description of the start of work.

I would like to see an answer to these questions as well.

Thanks everyone for all the congrats. I'd like to answer a question that has come up a couple of times already:

"If we bought the earlier version of MFC-Edit (pre FAS) ... where are we with upgrades etc?" - to paraphrase. As long as you have a valid license key you are still eligible for the free updates of the FAS-branded MFC-Edit. The encryption algorithm has changed for the FAS version so your pre-FAS license key will not longer work if you upgrade. I have a database of all my customers pre-FAS and their corresponding license key. When you upgrade to the FAS version please be sure to email me with the following information and if you're in my database of licensees I will issue you with a new license key for free. The information I'll need is:
  • First Name
  • Last Name
  • Existing License Key
  • Operating System
Once I have this information I'll look you up in my database and issue you with a new key so that you can continue to get the updates.

Please send the email with the above information to gary.heller@fractalaudio.com and put "new license" in the subject line.

Thanks
-Gary

Congratulations! So glad to see that the hard work from the software developers in the Fas Forum Family have not gone un noticed. I loved the program before and now with official support it should only get better. Email Sent ! cant wait to try out the new version !

Back
Top Bottom