I used to just work with amps as they were. My thoughts were that if the basic tone/gain controls were not doing it for me, I should find another amp model. This is fine, but recently I’ve started really digging into it without any thoughts of what the original amp was supposed to sound like. I’m coming up with amazing results. My advice is to experiment with all the settings. Don’t be afraid to experiment with extreme settings.

The last of the small Amp trio is the Marshall SV20H. We have a lot of Marshalls in the axe fx but for being a smaller amp, it sounds really good. Doesnt sound maxed out like a lot of other smaller amps.

Hey everyone! We are now getting into Mesa Territory! First up is the Mark IV. I used to use this amp A LOT on the Axe fx II. It used to be my main amp and I even named my patch Lucas Black Mesa. I havent really used it until I Made this video. I also discovered the Lead Mid Gain Bright Mode, which became my fav channel from the Mark IV (Have a spot in the video where I dial it in from scratch).

I am so Glad Fractal added the Green Channel from the Revv Gen 120! I really love this channel a lot an use it a bunch on my 100R mk III amp. I went over the differences in the channels and how each sounds with and without a drive!!

The Mesa IIC+Is one of the most famous Mesa Amps ever. Its also very polarizing as you either like it or cant stand it lol. I did this video format a little differently as I did all of my playing at the start of the video and did the talking at the end. Video ran a little long but you can always skip the talking if you like!

The IIC++ is a special amp. It was readded for Metallica (since they were having trouble getting their old tones) once all amps were redone with G2 tech back on the axe fx 2. Wiki says that its just the IIC+ with different tapers, but it feels like a different amp to me.

Side note, but shoutout to everyone who watches these and likes the threads. Yall are the reason I actually keep making these videos.

Since the Freidmans in the Axe fx Just got redone and renamed, I decided to do an entire video for each Amp channel (on the real amp BE and HBE have their own channel). We used to the 2010 Marsha, Mark Day's BE and then the 2018 Friedman, but now everything is matched off the newest BE. I used different drives and IRs with each one just to show how each are very different! Patch is also up on axe change!

Since the Freidmans in the Axe fx Just got redone and renamed, I decided to do an entire video for each Amp channel (on the real amp BE and HBE have their own channel). We used to the 2010 Marsha, Mark Day's BE and then the 2018 Friedman, but now everything is matched off the newest BE. I used different drives and IRs with each one just to show how each are very different! Patch is also up on axe change!

What do you mean the Friedman amps were re-done? I’m not aware of any firmware changes with Friedman amps?

What do you mean the Friedman amps were re-done? I’m not aware of any firmware changes with Friedman amps?
If you look on the wiki, we had the 2010 Marsha, then we had Mark Day's BE that was modeled, then we had the 2018 BE. IT was all from different BEs and they all sounded different. I dont know exactly when but fractal redid it to where all the V1, V2 and V3 are all from the latest BE. So now its all together and from the latest BE (Minus the 2010 which has its own cool sound). I am also unsure what the "latest BE" means; I would assume that means 2018 but I could be wrong.

1696097758388.png

If you look on the wiki, we had the 2010 Marsha, then we had Mark Day's BE that was modeled, then we had the 2018 BE. IT was all from different BEs and they all sounded different. I dont know exactly when but fractal redid it to where all the V1, V2 and V3 are all from the latest BE. So now its all together and from the latest BE (Minus the 2010 which has its own cool sound). I am also unsure what the "latest BE" means; I would assume that means 2018 but I could be wrong.

View attachment 127322
My point is there is nothing new and they have been named that way for years. The post was misleading.

My point is there is nothing new and they have been named that way for years. The post was misleading.
My post is not misleading. If you look at the picture I posted, the names on them have changed. It hasnt been that way for years. We no longer have HBE 2018, its been renamed. Everything minus the 2010 is modeled off the same amp, they were not done that way before.

My post is not misleading. If you look at the picture I posted, the names on them have changed. It hasnt been that way for years. We no longer have HBE 2018, its been renamed. Everything minus the 2010 is modeled off the same amp, they were not done that way before.
I'm saying they aren't new amps or models...it's the same ones that have been in the firmware for awhile on the Axe FX III...changing the naming convention didn't make them new amps.

Back
Top Bottom