Amp sim requests

GuitarDojo said:
BMH said:
Ok, I am confused here ... the Axe-Fx can model any tube amp ... it can model more tube amps than you can possibly own at any one time ... and yet, some of you Axe-Fx owners still own expensive tube amps?

Why?

1. G.A.S
2.Sentimental Value
3. Impress the neighbors!
4.Part of another set up
5.Nostalgia :D
6. Just plain rocks
Don't forget the most important one... cuz you can!

mortega76 said:
GuitarDojo said:
BMH said:
Ok, I am confused here ... the Axe-Fx can model any tube amp ... it can model more tube amps than you can possibly own at any one time ... and yet, some of you Axe-Fx owners still own expensive tube amps?

Why?

1. G.A.S
2.Sentimental Value
4.Part of another set up
6. Just plain rocks
Don't forget the most important one... cuz you can!

Ok thats 7. Cuz U can.

8. is To piss off the trolls! :D

BMH said:

Why?

Because I owned them first and I have no need to sell them. Because some of the amps are not modeled in the Axe-fx. Because I like real amps as well as modeled ones. Because the Axe-fx models are snapshot of certain channels/settings of many amps not the whole thing. Because I like trying out different things. :lol:

it can model more tube amps than you can possibly own at any one time

That seems like a challenge to me! :p

dpeterson said:
Lab Series L5 channel 2 low input :)

Seen this a few times now :lol: Might I suggest the 'Shredi Knight' tactic? Check his posts regarding the Mesa 2c+ earlier in this thread :lol:

Would be a cool amp to model though ;) Love the L7 too.

_49ddf8667e012.jpg

equipment10.jpg

Channel 4. Sounds incredible.

Here's a link to the Savage 120's schematics! --- edit: thadood tells me they're wrong. Just wanted to make that known. ---

GuitarDojo said:
1. G.A.S
2.Sentimental Value
4.Part of another set up
6. Just plain rocks
Don't forget the most important one... cuz you can![/quote]

Ok thats 7. Cuz U can.

8. is To piss off the trolls! :D[/quote]

I own an Ultra, sold off my SLO and Ecstasy, don't need them at all now. I guess some of us are lucky we don't have to screw around with tubes and tube amps anymore.

GuitarDojo said:
BMH said:
...and yet, some of you Axe-Fx owners still own expensive tube amps?

Why?

1. G.A.S
2.Sentimental Value
4.Part of another set up
6. Just plain rocks

2,3,4,6,6,6!!! ;) (the number of the beast!)

Well I run my Ultra via 4-cable with a Diezel VH4. I bought the Ultra for its effects more so than its preamp factor.

Fler said:
Well I run my Ultra via 4-cable with a Diezel VH4. I bought the Ultra for its effects more so than its preamp factor.

That makes sense ... but did you ever try the VH4 model out in the Axe-Fx? How does it compare? I actually use a preset with the Diezel in it, it is quite thunderous ... but I never owned a Diezel, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Voodoo Amps said:
Hello all;

We have been receiving email requests regarding this and we are open to working out a deal for sounds of our products (IE: amp/cabs) that we manufacture as well as Modifications, presuming that the terms are fair/agreeable for both companies.

Perhaps someone from Fractal Audio can contact us to discuss terms and what is needed from our end? Tel (607) 256-0465 Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST (NY)

Many thanks and have a great day!
Trace Davis - founder/president

Would be great to hear some virtual voodoo, i hope it all works out!

rsf1977 said:
Voodoo Amps said:
Hello all;

We have been receiving email requests regarding this and we are open to working out a deal for sounds of our products (IE: amp/cabs) that we manufacture as well as Modifications, presuming that the terms are fair/agreeable for both companies.

Perhaps someone from Fractal Audio can contact us to discuss terms and what is needed from our end? Tel (607) 256-0465 Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM EST (NY)

Many thanks and have a great day!
Trace Davis - founder/president

Would be great to hear some virtual voodoo, i hope it all works out!
Would be awesome to get some of the Mods, like the Jose Mod, or maybe just the right parameter options to do those Mods virtually ( except for the exellen Bias option which we already have) ;)

That would be killer ... have an option inside the amp to select mods ... I loved my Voodoo TSL100 ... some of the best marshall tones I have ever gotten. Hope this becomes reality ..

Still very interested in getting a model of the Harry Joyce 100 watt along with the matching cab. They definitely create a magic combination. I don't think they would be averse to letting us model it as they are very low production and very expensive.

I also think getting some of those Mojave amps would be nice.

Hey Cliff ...!

I just saw your reply in the thred about the Pitch Harmony Tracking and see a new firmware release might be comming soon ?!?

Any chance you can "squeeze" in the ability to switch the CAE 3+ model to a EL-34 based power section. I think you modeled the MESA 2:90, but John said he originally designed that pre-amp with a Marshall power section in mind ....

Please, pretty Please !

A couple of glaring omissions IMHO...

1. True Class A model for creating things like the Tweed Champ and Tweed Princeton.
2. Tweed Deluxe model. I can sorta get there by tweaking some of the other models, but not quite. Maybe the cathodyne PI and interactive tone controls are the reason?
3. Tweed Super/Bandbaster/Pro models. Again, unique tone stack and cathodyne PI make for an amp that cleans and screams with a character all its own.
4. Black Face Princeton Reverb would be awesome (especially when mixed with a good 15" cab model.
5. Black Face Deluxe. OK, I can almost get this one with the existing Black Face model, but I need a 47pF bright cap to really get it right.

[attachment=2:66sevbet]princeton_5f2_schem.gif[/attachment:66sevbet]

[attachment=1:66sevbet]5E3_SCHEMATIC[1].gif[/attachment:66sevbet]

[attachment=0:66sevbet]super_5f4_schem.gif[/attachment:66sevbet]

Attachments

• princeton_5f2_schem.gif
    princeton_5f2_schem.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 290
  • 5E3_SCHEMATIC[1].gif
    5E3_SCHEMATIC[1].gif
    27.2 KB · Views: 292
  • super_5f4_schem.gif
    super_5f4_schem.gif