Amp sim requests

Can someone tell me what power amp is simulated when I choose the Brit Pre?

BTW I want to add an amp request:
I am a fan of Engl amps and a little bit disappointed by the powerball sim. The powerball is in real life not the best sounding Engl. So I would be very happy to see an Engl SE (Channel 3) sim. I prefer this one even over the Diezel concerning high-gain rhythm sounds.

I wouldnt mind knowing exactly what amp/channel the Das Metall sim is meant to be. I own a VH4 and it doesnt quite sound right next to it, more compressed and grainy. Herbert?

RB_Guitar said:
Can someone tell me what power amp is simulated when I choose the Brit Pre?

BTW I want to add an amp request:
I am a fan of Engl amps and a little bit disappointed by the powerball sim. The powerball is in real life not the best sounding Engl. So I would be very happy to see an Engl SE (Channel 3) sim. I prefer this one even over the Diezel concerning high-gain rhythm sounds.

Wiki knows all:

http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index. ... e_Model.3F

Fler said:
I wouldnt mind knowing exactly what amp/channel the Das Metall sim is meant to be. I own a VH4 and it doesnt quite sound right next to it, more compressed and grainy. Herbert?

I would have to assume it's supposed to be Channel 3 - that's all most people ever use. I use that for rhythm and Ch. 4 for leads on mine though...

Here's another vote for the Marshall 1974x - and its progenitor, the Watkins Dominator.

Raz

Well, here's my list.

Scotty Moore's Echosonic
Cliff Gallup's Standel
Buddy Holly's Magnatone Custom 280

And +1 on the Vox AC15. Was kind of disappointed to see both AC30 and AC30TB on the wiki page, but not the AC15. Got to have my fix of early Shadows once in a while :mrgreen:

Oh, and speaking of youtube, what's the amp that Krieger is playing here? Add it to the list, it sounds awesome!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=dbI5K0AzNHI

Oh yes, I do agree with other posters. If the Tweed model is a Deluxe Reverb, then a change of name in the next patch would be appreciated. Add the Tweed Deluxe model to compensate for the loss. The tweed Deluxe is a major part of the sound of early Rock'n'Roll. It has to be in the list.

mtlin said:
claudel said:
Gavin Wright said:
The newer VOX AC15 Heritage head and cab (blonde covering) is far superior to the custom classic series AC30 that is modeled in the Axe-fx.

+1 for the VOX AC15 Heritage Head and Cab

Any vintage AC15 or AC30-4 with a pentode based preamp would be a welcome addition.

I agree with this. These two classic designs. The schematics are readily available. And nothing currently modeled is really similar.

I lied. I compared the Class A model (which is the normal channel of an AC30) to the EF86 channel of my Heritage Vox AC15 and it was pretty dead on. But I still want an Ampeg V2/VT-40 for those Sticky Fingers era Stones tones!

thinkpad20 said:
I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but... VHT Ultralead?

Other ones I'd love:
Ampeg VH-140c
Peavey 5150 (SLO is not the same :x)
Diezel Herbert

Yus!

Ok, here's my list. Obviously, I'm a metal player.. soooooo..
VHT Pittbull UL / Sig:X
Mako MAK2
Brunetti XL R-Evo

SliderJeff said:
schnarf said:
juliancs said:
SOME LANEY STUFF...PLEAASE
The UK GC30 is a laney.

I think he meant something like the GH100L. Something Paul Gilbert or Mattias IA Eklund might use/have used. I'd also dig one of the older AOR100 Pro Tube amps.

Regs,
Jeff
It's pretty easy to get the Paul Gilbert sound with the GC30. I'm happy to post a patch if you'd like.

I'm loving the UK-GC30 for use with a stock '94 Strat. Will also post patch example on request.

Dunderhead said:
Marshall Super Bass

Why?
- Warm, wooly and BIG sounding
- Doyle Bramhall II couldn't be wrong- listen to that tone

Yes I agree! I don't have an Axe yet though, so maybe a Superbass could be duplicated with one of the Plexi models, with less gain or high end? Just a thought. Doyle Bramhall II is one of my biggest guitar inspirations, & I love his tone!

thinkpad20 said:
I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but... VHT Ultralead?

Deffinately. Ive used VHT for 8 years prior to the Axe - a Pitbul45 and 50ST - Loved the Ultralead too. Nothing else I tried come close really.

why is it different enough for the axe? Just check on HC and TGP. People either Love them or hate them cos they are "dryer" less compressing than other high gain Amps. They have their own tone and more importantly feel than other amps in their catagory. I think this make are deserving of a place in the Axe.

Back
Top Bottom