Amp sim requests

schnarf said:
saxxamafone said:
Engl Blackmore
The 5150, Rectifier, and SLO are all basically the same circuit. I would imagine you could get it from tweaking either the SLO or Recto.

i think you're right mate.

I a/b'd my blackmore against the slo patch last night and it can definately get very close right off the bat without too much tweaking.

i sold my 5150 because it sounded VERY similar to the blackmore. with the blackmore being cleaner. They both have the same mid voicing though.

So i thought:
5150 was modeled off the SLO
5150 sounded similar to blackmore
therefore blackmore should also sound similar to SLO :)

A complete acoustic simulator with guitar type and folk/nylon specific parameters, not only an IR for cabinets.
(even line6 can do that... :mrgreen: :))
And some SVT models for my furious ATK bass...

Cliff we love you.
:lol:

VegaBaby said:
schnarf said:
It's pretty easy to get the Paul Gilbert sound with the GC30. I'm happy to post a patch if you'd like.
Would like to try that ;)

HELL YES! Up that sucker! I've been trying to nail his Laney VH100 tone for awhile with little to no luck.

Regards,
Jeff

Those aren't the amps Andy uses in the studio anyway. Tube driver through a clean vintage Marshall will do the trick. Should be similar on the Axe-FX.

Those aren't the amps Andy uses in the studio anyway. Tube driver through a clean vintage Marshall will do the trick. Should be similar on the Axe-FX.

Thanks, I know that's what Andy used in the studio but these are the amps he's using now. It would be nice to have and can't hurt to ask. ;)

I'm going to put in +1 for the VHT and 5150 suggestions. I've heard a few times before that VHT (well, Fryette now) doesn't really release their schematics, so it's probably not worth getting my hopes up for that. Fryettes are very unique, though. Pitbull, UL, Six X... any one of them would be great if somebody could get a schematic.

I'm kind of surprised there aren't any Peavey amps on the Axe-FX already. The 5150 is probably one of the most common amps out there, as well as probably one of the amps most commonly chosen on most modelers (at least for rock/metal anyway). Google found some 5150 schematics here, though I obviously can't say for sure that they're completely accurate. I'd imagine a 5150 schematic wouldn't be too hard to come by for people who work with schematics, though.

creek_devil said:
Randall Warhead?

Dime was Dime, and alot of brutality came out of this amp.

That's not a bad suggestion, actually. There might not be a hell of a lot of people who would agree with us, but having one or two really top notch solid state heads would be nice. I know you could just drop the sag on another amp, but that's still not really the same. A quick Google search found schematics for $15 here. It would be great for anybody going for an old school melodeath sound.

i'd like to see a vht Ul, a bogner uberschall and the diezel herbert. I have a bogner uberschall i'll trade to anyone for an ultra if they want to help out getting it modelled.

to be honest i'm not sure it matters to request amps... the only one i've seen ever get addressed since i've had the axe, was the CAE preamp. people have been asking for a straight up markIIc+ since the axe came out... I asked a long time ago about a lab series l5 and even provided schematics and offered to ship him mine, and nothing.

I think it comes down to it's if Cliff wants to add it or not, not how many people ask for it. this is not a flame, just an observation.

I would like to be added a Peters :mrgreen: ,and the crunch2 channel of the Yamaha DGstomp... I know it's a lower level simulations tah the one in the axefx... but it sound great!

If someone have any tips to nail that tone, PM me! :ugeek:

Back
Top Bottom