Amp sim requests

Demolition Man said:
I would mow your grass for a year for that amp sim!!

With all the offers I've seen around here it would really be cool if Cliff would take some people up on them. He'd have more personal staff by now than Bill Gates :lol: ...

Marshall Super Bass

Why?
- Warm, wooly and BIG sounding
- Doyle Bramhall II couldn't be wrong- listen to that tone

claudel said:
Gavin Wright said:
The newer VOX AC15 Heritage head and cab (blonde covering) is far superior to the custom classic series AC30 that is modeled in the Axe-fx.

+1 for the VOX AC15 Heritage Head and Cab

Any vintage AC15 or AC30-4 with a pentode based preamp would be a welcome addition.

I agree with this. These two classic designs. The schematics are readily available. And nothing currently modeled is really similar.

Gavin Wright said:
The newer VOX AC15 Heritage head and cab (blonde covering) is far superior to the custom classic series AC30 that is modeled in the Axe-fx.
You left out the "In My Opinion" part in the above. In fact, you're stating two opinions as if they are incontrovertible fact:

1. The sim in the Axe-Fx is based on the AC30cc amp.

2. The AC15 Heritage sounds better to everyone - not just yourself - than the AC30cc.

You need to learn to stop communicating in absolutes. You might then find that folks will begin paying attention to what you're saying.

Jay Mitchell said:
[quote="Gavin Wright":6298531o]The newer VOX AC15 Heritage head and cab (blonde covering) is far superior to the custom classic series AC30 that is modeled in the Axe-fx.
You left out the "In My Opinion" part in the above. In fact, you're stating two opinions as if they are incontrovertible fact:

2. The AC15 Heritage sounds better to everyone - not just yourself - than the AC30cc.

You need to learn to stop communicating in absolutes. You might then find that folks will begin paying attention to what you're saying.[/quote:6298531o]

BIG +1

But Jay you're forgetting that Gavin Wright is the end-all authority on Vox amps. He, unlike the rest of us, actually owns and plays a vintage AC30 :roll: :roll: :roll: . As a matter of fact, most of us wouldn't know a real Vox amp if it bit us :mrgreen: .

D

Randall Warhead?

Dime was Dime, and alot of brutality came out of this amp.

Also wouldn't mind a 5150 either.
Don't want to sound ungrateful either!

creek_devil said:
Randall Warhead?

Dime was Dime, and alot of brutality came out of this amp.

Also wouldn't mind a 5150 either.
Don't want to sound ungrateful either!
There's a Dimebag tone on Axechange, I believe. AlbertA made one a while back. If you dial down the SAG, the power amp gets more solid state (less tube compression). The 5150 is very similar to the SLO-100. You can mess with some of the advanced parameters if you're trying to get a certain tone too.

Those are fairly popular requests, and I don't really regulate things in this thread much, so I'm just sharing some suggestions on getting those tones.

You know, the Egnater Rebel circuit MIGHT be a good one to model in the Axe-Fx, simply because with the gain knob you can go from clean to look-out-it's-gonna-kill-me, and the clean doesn't sound thin. Of the amp models I've messed with in the Axe-Fx, trying to take a dirty amp and clean it up pretty much ends up in a thin clean sound. Maybe I'm doin' it wrong, but when I take the JCM800 or Plexi 1 and try to dial down the gain for a clean sound, it sounds very thin to me. Maybe I could compensate by going into the dirty amp with a weaker signal, but I like how the Rebel cleans up and stays thick with just turning down the gain knob.

Maybe it's not really worth adding the amp, since there are plenty of clean options that are usable. I just like how the Rebel sounds through the entire range of the gain knob.

dk_ace said:
[quote="Jay Mitchell":2hfq1crh][quote="Gavin Wright":2hfq1crh]The newer VOX AC15 Heritage head and cab (blonde covering) is far superior to the custom classic series AC30 that is modeled in the Axe-fx.

You need to learn to stop communicating in absolutes. You might then find that folks will begin paying attention to what you're saying.[/quote:2hfq1crh]

BIG +1

But Jay you're forgetting that Gavin Wright is the end-all authority on Vox amps. He, unlike the rest of us, actually owns and plays a vintage AC30 :roll: :roll: :roll: . As a matter of fact, most of us wouldn't know a real Vox amp if it bit us :mrgreen: .

D[/quote:2hfq1crh]

Whew! Not going to get in the middle of this... :eek: BUT... ;)

IMHO - The more Vox the better: old, new, good, bad, better, best, this series, that series, whatever.

FWIW - What sounds "good" and/or what tone is "good" is in the ear of the beholder. :cool:

+1 for any/all Vox for me! (and happy with what's in there already!)

Peace.

Another HUGE vote for the Mesa Mark IIC+. Yes, the Axe-Fx has the Lead 2 Yellow form the Triaxis, but after owning both, there's no comparison.

I would actually model them for two different models...do a IIC+ with the JCM 800 power section for an authentic "Master of Puppets" sim, and then do it with the traditional IIC+ or III power section.

Another vote for the ADA MP-1 too. I'd like both the Tube Drive mode and the SS Cleans from it. There's something so 80's about that SS Clean with a touch of it's built in chorus.

dpeterson said:
does cliff even look at this thread?[/url]
Sometimes Yes - it looks like :mrgreen:
Obviously only a select few of the amp requests get modelled, but from page number 8 it appears that a great high end preamp is work in progress. Woohoo :lol:

hideous said:
dpeterson said:
does cliff even look at this thread?[/url]
Sometimes Yes - it looks like :mrgreen:
Obviously only a select few of the amp requests get modelled, but from page number 8 it appears that a great high end preamp is work in progress. Woohoo :lol:

yeah i read about that and that sounds like a cool addition. I thought he was redoing the bogner extasy as well, haven't heard anything about that since.

1965-ish AB763 Fender Super Reverb with 4x10" CTS Alnico speaker IR...I can also provide a Cesar Diaz modified AB763 schematic

I'd like a Revolution+ or a krankenstein+. Very unique Sweep control that changes the sound completely. Also very nice distortion, pretty much no grain at all. With a TS808 in front = whoa, djent heaven with drive at noon.

Finaldo said:
You know, the Egnater Rebel circuit MIGHT be a good one to model in the Axe-Fx, simply because with the gain knob you can go from clean to look-out-it's-gonna-kill-me, and the clean doesn't sound thin. Of the amp models I've messed with in the Axe-Fx, trying to take a dirty amp and clean it up pretty much ends up in a thin clean sound. Maybe I'm doin' it wrong, but when I take the JCM800 or Plexi 1 and try to dial down the gain for a clean sound, it sounds very thin to me.

Few months back I asked Cliff for a low gain Brown model which he named 'Tanned' :lol: ... I'd love that feature if Cliff would add low gain versions of the existing high gain amps. I think it would be cool to have the same character a high gain amp has at high settings when played clean. Obviously since the moddeling is quite accurate, high gain amps sound their fullest and have their sweet spot at high settings (which is cool), if they'd have the same character on low it would just not be like in the real world.

I've had exactly the same experience as you, Finaldo. Clean settings on most high gain amps sounded thin and also -12 null filter in front didn't keep the character...

The Egnater is probably designed differently to do exactly that, but since Cliff now probably knows the amps so inside out, maybe he could add like a 'compensate' button in the advanced pages that keeps the exact character no matter what gain. Don't know if that's possible, but would open a whole new world :) .

Maybe we should open a very own topic for that request... ?!?

Back
Top Bottom