Amp sim requests

Lab L5: +1, never tried one fully functional for myself but I´ve heard that these are amazing for jazz (which I don´t play but still want the sound of).

And if I were asked by Cliff for a amp-request:

Anacon Tech´s Tubewonder (http://www.anacon-tech.com/techinfo.html). This amp is not based on any old schematic of any Fender/Marshall/Whatever. Instead it´s designed and built from scratch with solutions that reminds more of a mixerboard than a traditional guitar amp (look at the semi-parametric EQ section and you see a lot dip switches that gives you a lot of options, including options to mess with the harmonics at the drive section).
Since I´m working in a music store, I´ve had the possibilities of testing lots of amps (new and used) and sometimes even several models of brands as for example: Hiwatt, Orange, Mesa Boogie, Fender, Marshall, Cornford, Laney, Engl, Peavey, Vox, Blackstar. However, with many of these amps you have to tweak the eq a little bit at start for the guitar you´re trying the amp with. When I tested the tubewonder, I didn´t have to do that ´cause it sounded just perfect at start. And then when you were fooling around with the eq settings you realize that it sounds perfect at ANY of these settings as well. Heck, I tried it even with bass and treble all the way down and it were just awesome! Never experienced that on any amp not before or after the Tubewonder. I really wants the tubewonder, too bad it´s expensive ´cause I want two... (my setup is dual mono). But I guess you´re not too far away with an Ultra and it´s parametric eq if you work it well and you could buy two Ultra units for the price of one Tubewonder... so my wallet simple has decided which way to go :lol:

/Mike

+1 to the Cornford. I've been using the PODxt Cornford sim thru a Carvin TS100 poweramp as my main sound for years. It just seems to have a character that I prefer to the standard Marshall sound. The lack of this amp in the Axe-Fx has kept me from getting one sooner, though I've given in and am pretty much committed to buying an Ultra in the next month or so. Eventual inclusion of the Cornford would just be icing on the cake.

ENGL Invader 100...

Never heard one, but I'm hearing that it's the best thing since sliced bread for heavy tones... and... I can't afford one! No one carries them locally to hear it in person! And... it looks cool! Is it possible to "model" coolness? Maybe a coolness virtual knob... :D

Thanks again for all your hard work Cliff.

Well, I personally think that the axe-fx has many great amps, but from my point of view, it needs more metal higain amps. It has tons of great amps for rock, blues, jazz, etc... but just a few great for metal.

I would add these ones:

- Diezel Herbert. (I know there is the VH4, but it sounds completely different to my real Diezel Herbert... so different that I would never change it to use just the axe-fx) ... I would add the Herbert channel 2 "+ mode" with the midcut option... AMAZING... and also the channel 3 for leads is really awesome !!!

- 5150 block letter. As it has been said before... Soldano is cool, but still not the same... I would love to have the 5150 there !!!

We, the metal players, need more gain amps :D.

[edit]
Haha... that'll teach me to reply before reading through all the new posts for the day! Clawfinger already reposted the thread in the new forums now... available here... :p
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=675
[/edit]

Benkenove said:
We, the metal players, need more gain amps :D.
Not knocking your requests, just think this thread needs to be brought up again since many people that are here now may not have seen it....
Axe-fx IS Metal! Chugg-metall UPDATED! (via the old forums)
...and in that thread, fellow-forumer Clawfinger created a metal patch and a chugg-metal clip and went and reamped the same patch, only switching out the amp model (and a tube drive where necessary) to show off *all* of the amps in the Axe-Fx as metal amps. Some are better than others for the job, but in any case, it's a great thread.

dpeterson said:
still using it, the last crossroads festival it's sitting right next to him.

dave

I thought so. I've seen B.B. a couple of times. The last time at the Merriville Star (Indiana) last summer. I thought that was an L5, but I was about 20 rows out. I forgot he was on the crossroads bill. I think I'll pull out that DVD and check her out again tonight!
;-)

Over the years I've owned a couple of the B.B. King model gibson signatures. I always sold them cause I couldn't manage to get them to sound right. It goes to show you, what the right amp and right guitar can do in the right players hands!

-Chris

Ideas for new amp models

Seems to me there are a few rather bizarre, and, or “ordinary” (PCB board Blues Jr. for example),
amp models that were included in the Axe, which I suspect not many people use. While some of the all-time
classic amps got left out of the picture. I’d like to start a thread for amp models you’d like to see included
in the Axe, not presently in the menu.

A few of my choices –

Fender Blackface Deluxe Reverb

Fender Blackface Super Reverb

Marshall 18 watt combo

Orange 120 head

Perhaps a few “modern classics”:

Bruno Underground 30

Fender Vibro King

Dr. Z Route 66 head

Post up your favs, let’s see if we get a consensus on some new models!

I'd love to see a Super Reverb and an OR120.
I'm kinda close with the Brownface with the Bassman cab, but it's not quite a Super.

UPDATE: Yeah, the Tweed + Bassman cab is closer still to the Super. :) Hurray!
I was mislead at first by the "Tweed" name.

jr213 said:
I'd love to see a Super Reverb ...
Agreed, that would be super.
34ig0bd.jpg

jr213 said:
... and an OR120.
{revealing ignorance} wat's an OR120?
w0qals.gif

Re: Ideas for new amp models

smilefan said:
Seems to me there are a few rather bizarre, and, or “ordinary” (PCB board Blues Jr. for example),
amp models that were included in the Axe, which I suspect not many people use. While some of the all-time
classic amps got left out of the picture. I’d like to start a thread for amp models you’d like to see included
in the Axe, not presently in the menu.

A few of my choices –

Fender Blackface Deluxe Reverb

Fender Blackface Super Reverb

Marshall 18 watt combo

Orange 120 head

Perhaps a few “modern classics”:

Bruno Underground 30

Fender Vibro King

Dr. Z Route 66 head

Post up your favs, let’s see if we get a consensus on some new models!

Deluxe reverb is already there:

Tweed= Fender Deluxe Reverb Model AB763

From the manual -

Tweed - Based on a small, low-power, tweed-covered amp. The original had no tone controls other than volume. (etc.)

That's a BF Deluxe Reverb?

Also, does anyone know why the "Brit Pre" was included in the amp models when the stated purpose of that preamp (JMP-1) was to model all the early Marshall styles that are already in the Axe?

smilefan said:

From the manual -

Tweed - Based on a small, low-power, tweed-covered amp. The original had no tone controls other than volume. (etc.)

Also, does anyone know why the "Brit Pre" was included in the amp models when the stated purpose of that preamp (JMP-1) was to model all the early Marshall styles that are already in the Axe?

The manual has an error in it. Cliff has commented on this before and clarified that the tweed was a Fender Deluxe Reverb Model AB763. Here is the link where he reconfirms it.

http://www.setbb.com/axefx/viewtopic.ph ... xefx#58904

Probably because he has the schematic and/or the the unit on hand. While it may have been meant to model the early marshall styles, it wound up sounding different.

While I have an irrational interest in an Orange sim too, I'll remind people here that in the old forum, orangenoise decided he didn't need an Orange sim after messing with the Hiwatt sims. Since he named himself for his love of their amps, I think that says something.

Benkenove said:
- Diezel Herbert. (I know there is the VH4, but it sounds completely different to my real Diezel Herbert... so different that I would never change it to use just the axe-fx) ... I would add the Herbert channel 2 "+ mode" with the midcut option... AMAZING... and also the channel 3 for leads is really awesome !!!

- 5150 block letter. As it has been said before... Soldano is cool, but still not the same... I would love to have the 5150 there !!!

+1 :cool:

scarr said:
While I have an irrational interest in an Orange sim too, I'll remind people here that in the old forum, orangenoise decided he didn't need an Orange sim after messing with the Hiwatt sims. Since he named himself for his love of their amps, I think that says something.

He was his last statement on, it. I don't thing the patch ever made om axechange:

No massages please! Shocked

Yeah, I was able to tweak the HiWatt to sound very close to my Orange Rockerverb a while back. I liked it more because it had a bit more definition to it when playing harder on my guitar. (Harder meaning actually hitting the strings hard, not heavier gain.)

The patch is a bit crisper than my Orange too. So, if I were to say it's an Orange replacement, I'd be wrong. But I like the sound more.

I'll try to upload the patch later this evening... for you to try out. It may appeal to you... may not.

I do wish that Cliff would look into an Orange for the Axe-FX. I offered him my Rockerverb a while back to go over; but never got a response back.

Hmmm.... not so sure about the Orange and Hiwatt similarities. I know for a fact that a Rockerverb sounds nothing like an OR120 (in my experience with each). And so it remains on my wish list. ;)

javajunkie said:
smilefan said:

From the manual -

The manual has an error in it. Cliff has commented on this before and clarified that the tweed was a Fender Deluxe Reverb Model AB763. Here is the link where he reconfirms it.

http://www.setbb.com/axefx/viewtopic.ph ... xefx#58904

Probably because he has the schematic and/or the the unit on hand. While it may have been meant to model the early marshall styles, it wound up sounding different.

Methinks Cliff should change the name of that amp to "Deluxe" or something other than Tweed. That's a major misunderstanding right there.

And yeah, the JMP1 sounds nothing like any other Marshall modeled in the Axe-FX.

Back
Top Bottom