Amp sim requests

scarr said:
GreatGreen said:
CAE 3+ and/or CAE 3+SE preamp.
This preamp seems to be the quintessential, ultimate rack-user's preamp. Most everyone who uses a rack loves this preamp. As a matter of fact, a lot of Axe-Fx users had this preamp before they bought their Axe-Fx.
I'm really not the person to talk about this, but I recall a thread on the old forum about this. People pointed out that the individual channels are based on standard amps that the AFx already has modeled. I believe some people even matched certain channels/sounds up.

I've owned a couple, and it was probably me who you thought about who said something about it. I've tried pretty much everything with the Axe-FX, and right now, the EURO2 is the closest one, but it's not "that" close. CH3 is pretty close to the SOLO100, an CH1 is just a good clean channel, but there isn't really a need for it since we already have a bunch of good clean amps.

CH2 is where it's at for me. It's pretty Marshally, but it has ALOT more punch, definition and string seperation, so it's actually quite different from regular Marshalls, but the harmonic structure is very simular. I would love a CAE3+SE CH2, with the VHT Classic as a PA. That's my favorite allround distorted tone, and I used to own that very setup. If Cliff ever adds a CAE preamp to the Axe-FX, I really must insist on a VHT poweramp. The Mesa 290 that ( for some reason ), some people use, really doesn't do the preamp justice AT ALL.

tonygtr said:
Methinks Cliff should change the name of that amp to "Deluxe" or something other than Tweed. That's a major misunderstanding right there.

+1. That is a super confusing name. I was wondering why the Tweed model sounded nothing like my Clark 5E3!

In light of this, I vote for a Tweed Deluxe model. It is one of the all time great amps and is very dissimilar to a Bassman or any other amp currently modeled by the Axe-FX. T The schematic is readily available.

brown face princeton tremolo

tremolo of the brown face fenders is like no other and the ones in the fractal are more like the black face/silver face fenders

More Trainwrecks!!!!!

The current Trainwreck model is I believe a sim of the Trainwreck Express (2xEL34). The other 2 models are:

Trainwreck Liverpool 4xEL84
Trainwreck Rocket 4xEL84 + a tube rectifier (GZ34)

A Trainwreck Songwriter 30 would be cool, but AFAIK no schematics exist (Ken Fischer didn't create any, and I think that only 1 Songwriter 30 was ever built).

KOMET Amps!
Concorde, Constellation, & 60 - slightly more modern takes on the classic Trainwreck circuits.

I know that there are schematics out there for the Liverpool (and I would assume the Rocket is just a variation), and there are schematics out there *somewhere* for at least one of the Komet models as there were Komet clone builders around.

Also, +1 on the Cornfords.

Well as long as it is a wish list.

Two Rock Over dirve sig

Fuchs ODS

Kingsley Tone Barron and D30

More Jazz amps like a Polytone Minebrute IV, Henriksen Jazz amp, Acoustic Image Clarus.

jzgtrguy said:
Two Rock Over dirve sig

Isn't that just a copy of the Dumble ODS?

How about a VHT Pittbull 45 2x10 combo. Sounds like no other amp I know - a combination of Marshall bite with Vox chime. Killer clean sound. Was my main amp until about 18 months ago. Searching for schematics........

brain21 said:
KOMET Amps!
Concorde, Constellation, & 60 - slightly more modern takes on the classic Trainwreck circuits.

I have schematics for, and have built clones of, the Komet 60 and Concorde. Both are slight revisions of the Express; the Concorde differs a but further than the 60.

If schems are required, I'd happily provide them.

I wonder if people would be interested in a sim of the Red Iron Amps T-Rex. I have one, and would be willing to ship it to Cliff to have it get modeled, but I'd want to ask Paul at RIA first to see if he minds.

The T-Rex is a Trainwreck-inspired amp, and is my favorite tone at the moment. It's so completely alive it's like the amp wants to expload, but it's still controllable. Backing off on the volume pot on the guitar or using weaker pickups, the amp cleans up very well and has some major mojo going on with it. The clips on the website don't really do it justice.

Resonant Alien said:
Lopp said:
Mark IIC+

Why? Because it's a Mark IIC+

USA Lead 2 is a sim of the Triaxis Lead 2 Yellow channel - I believe Traxis Lead 2 Yellow was "supposed" to be the MkIIc+ sound, wasn't it??

Yes, but anyone who has played both (the IIc+ and the Triaxis Lead 2 Yellow) will tell you the Mark IIc+ is in a whole other league. A lot of the magic is supposed to be in it's power amp section.

Resonant Alien said:
jzgtrguy said:
Two Rock Over dirve sig

How about a VHT Pittbull 45 2x10 combo. Sounds like no other amp I know - a combination of Marshall bite with Vox chime. Killer clean sound. Was my main amp until about 18 months ago. Searching for schematics........

Well yes and no. They are in the "Dumble"family but they are their own thing just like a Fuchs or a Bludotone or a Glaswerks or Carol Ann etc.

jzgtrguy said:
Resonant Alien said:
jzgtrguy said:
Two Rock Over dirve sig

Well yes and no. They are in the "Dumble"family but they are their own thing just like a Fuchs or a Bludotone or a Glaswerks or Carol Ann etc.

Thanks. I just thought (assumed) that the Two Rock ODS was built for John Mayer basically to be a copy of his Dumbles so that he would not have to take them out on tour and risk damaging them (but that is just what I have been told - no proof of that).

That said, given the tools within the AxeFx, it seems (again, I am assuming) that it would be not too much trouble to start with the Dumble models and dial in the diffs to the Two Rock.

Resonant ailien,

What you said! There is so much deep editing with the Axe. I've been really very satisfied with the amps just the way they are. The other day I decided to dive into some of the menus and see what happened. I started with my dumble patch and start moving the tone stack fore and aft. Amazing differences then I started changing the tone stacks even more differences. The possibilities are endless.
Hey look at me I'm and amp designer! :mrgreen:

The flexibility of the Axe is what really pushed me over the edge to buy it. Of course, I was looking for improved sound quality over my POD xt Pro, and in my brief use of the Axe thus far, the Axe definitely has the POD (and all other "competitors") licked in that department.

But on top of that, you have the ability to construct your signal chain and amps and effects anyway you like. Aside from the just-passable sound quality, this is the one thing that always p!ssed me off about the Line 6 products.....the limited tweakability of the effects, and more irritatingly, the fixed effects order.

The Axe really gives you the ability to create your own amp models, within reason.

AFAIK, Bludotone and Glaswerks are attempting to make ODS clones and not really do their own thing. Same with Brown Note, and Fuchs too (except for models like the Clean Machine which I think is a SSS clone, and the Viper, which is a high gain model). They're trying to get to that point where Dumble was a while ago. You can look at the circuits and see that they're trying to clone the original Dumble circuits.

jzgtrguy said:

Back
Top Bottom