Amp sim requests

Secret80'sMan said:
a Rockman for that all too thin Boston Third Stage tone. Granted it ain't an amp but an unmistakable and signature sound. :p

Well, there is already one preset, # 25. Sounds very rockmanish :!:

I would like to see some Fuchs OD amps(ala Jimmy Herring)
Diezel Herbert
Mesa Lonestar both channels
Bad Cat anything
Engl Steve Morse Head
Suhr

AxelF said:
Secret80'sMan said:
a Rockman for that all too thin Boston Third Stage tone. Granted it ain't an amp but an unmistakable and signature sound. :p

Well, there is already one preset, # 25. Sounds very rockmanish :!:

You are correct Axel, although Cliff modeled that preset on the first Boston record's sound and although similar it really wasn't modeled on a Rockman but rather Marshall amps run through serious EQ which is from what he explained to me how the Boston sound was originally achieved. This blew me away since I've played Marshalls for over a decade and can pretty much spot them on records. I would never in a million years have guessed a Marshall from hearing the first couple of Boston records.

I know that in the 80's when Tom Scholz wanted that put in a box he worked with some R&D folks and thus the company that produced the Rockman was born. You would be surprised at how many albums used that Rockman unit, and trying to replicate that sound has eluded me for all these years. I know, I should probably just buy one on Ebay and insert it in the effects loop but the way Cliff has a knack for modeling this kinda stuff I know he could nail it (shameless but subtle request).

If anyone can get any closer to how the Rockman sounds than the existing Bank A preset please send me a message, I would love to check out your patch.

Secret80'sMan said:
You are correct Axel but Cliff modeled that on the first Boston record's sound and although similar it isn't modeled on a Rockman but rather Marshall amps run through serious EQ which is from what I understand how the Boston sound was achieved. In the 80's when Tom Scholz wanted that put in a box he worked with some R&D folks and thus the company that produced the Rockman was born. You would be surprised at how many albums used that unit, and trying to replicate that sound has eluded me for all these years. I should probably just buy one on Ebay and insert it in the effects loop but the way Cliff has a knack for modeling this kinda stuff I know he could nail it (shameless but subtle request).

If anyone can get any closer to how the Rockman sounds than the existing Bank A preset please send me a message, I would love to check out your patch.
In a similar 'under the radar' kinda way Shredi Knight kept asking for a MK2, I've placed way too many requests for a Rockman on here before as well :lol: . Mostly after the 2 clean settings though ;)

VegaBaby said:
Secret80'sMan said:
You are correct Axel but Cliff modeled that on the first Boston record's sound and although similar it isn't modeled on a Rockman but rather Marshall amps run through serious EQ which is from what I understand how the Boston sound was achieved. In the 80's when Tom Scholz wanted that put in a box he worked with some R&D folks and thus the company that produced the Rockman was born. You would be surprised at how many albums used that unit, and trying to replicate that sound has eluded me for all these years. I should probably just buy one on Ebay and insert it in the effects loop but the way Cliff has a knack for modeling this kinda stuff I know he could nail it (shameless but subtle request).

In a similar 'under the radar' kinda way Shredi Knight kept asking for a MK2, I've placed way too many requests for a Rockman on here before as well :lol: . Mostly after the 2 clean settings though ;)

Vega, you are justified in requesting them there clean tones, they was righteous to say the least! Rockman clean with chorus was very cool. We got three channels of X99, perhaps we can get the clean, crunch, and dirty of the Rockman one day.

Secret80'sMan said:
Vega, you are justified in requesting them there clean tones, they was righteous to say the least! Rockman clean with chorus was very cool. We got three channels of X99, perhaps we can get the clean, crunch, and dirty of the Rockman one day.
Yes, nothing sounds as beautiful plastic as Rockman clean. Love that stuff :D

Laugh, go ahead ... but my Orange Tiny Terror cranked up sounds like no other, I have gigged with Bogners and Soldanos and you name it, that little sucker blown out at practice has a strange blend of raw EL84 crunch mixed with smooth overdrive. It does not sound like the Rockerverbs, which I have owned, and which have a fizzy quality in the distortion. Everybody loves it, they are always blowm away how sweet yet aggressive the little bugger is. To have that in a controllable amp sim ... wow ... talk about killer tone. :)

What about Sansamp cirquits? My GT-2 has a special straight and strong distortion, especially in British Mode, which no other pedal or amp can provide, not even the Sansamp PSA-1... Should be a Marshall, but sounds better in some ways for some styles, I got a schematic and it schould be easy to implement it.

..and +2000 for Diezel Herbert, even if this could be very hard to simulate... This is my favourite Tube-Amp, heard no better one. (The Herbert is out of Germany not so famous like the VH4, I guess)

VegaBaby said:
Secret80'sMan said:
Yes, nothing sounds as beautiful plastic as Rockman clean. Love that stuff :D

AMEN! I soooo need that Rockman sound. The preset is in the neighborhood, but still not quite there. I tried tweaking it to make it closer to the real sound, but jut got frustrated and gave up. Anybody got an X100 they can send to Cliiff to model?

Thanks,
Jeff

abey said:
+ 3000 for Diezel Herbert and the Mojave Scorpion.

If the Herberts to be included i'd somewhat like the 'VH4' model to be refined further, I find it sounds a little more like what i've heard of Herberts than the VH4 tone i'm somewhat more familiar with. Theres a certain stiff shimmer in the VH4 that the AxeFX doesnt quite capture, instead it sounds really sharp and has a touch of an 'ENGL-ish' high end brightness that almost feels like the aural representation of looking directly into a cars hi-beams at times. Still sounds great though and I use it for my main patch, but it took me a metric fuckton of EQ'ing to get close to removing that quality. Though I found some other models kinda have it as well, so I suspect it may just be a general tonal characteristic of the way the AxeFX works, not sure...

I've just been introduced to the Swart Atomic Space Tone amp, and I must say I'm falling for it very quickly. It's got a bit of a Fender type tone, but it's a lot more chimey and open. I'd love to be able to make some clean or slightly gritty patches with this amp.

jzgtrguy said:
How about a Mesa Boogie Lone Star and a Lone Star Special.
Yes, please. I LOVE the cleans on both those amps and can't seem to dial them in convincingly on the Axe with the existing models. (Could be a case of idiot user, but I hope not :) )

hideous said:
Recently heard Elmwood.
Very impressed.
Yeah I have posted a reply requesting they model this amp. I think it is almost as good a s a Mark IIC+. Similar but definitely a difference. I think the Elmwood Modena has a more open, raw, loose sound.

Back
Top Bottom