AITR

Before applying the upgrade:
1) Use FracTool to list all the links between User CABs and User Presets in a Excel file
2) Highlight the CABS at User Bank 2 that are linked to a preset
3) Move them to Bank 1 and re-link the preset

Coming soon:
Use the Axe-Edit "Save Preset + CAB bundle" feature to save you presets together with the CABs
I fooled around with this a bit. It looks like muted cabs are omitted from the Excel file. True? Or am I missing something?

The hardware is locked at 48kHz, but IR length will be increased to 1330 ms
Thanks for the response. I do recall now 48kHz being the standard or limit. I also recall a few very funny threads on that very thing in the past.
I look forward to experimenting with longer length IR's in the AX3 MK2.
I have other equipment that can load 500ms IR's and those IR's are good for some uses but not all. Also depends on what the IR capture contains beyond 200ms. In my experience it can vary depending on the vendor and your ears/taste etc. I will be interested to hear the ones that Fractal provides as factory full-length IR's.

It is also worth pointing out that outside of this subject the one setting that has helped save me time is the auto trim setting in Axe Edit.
I find I do not need to adjust the align setting in the cab block as much to resolve phase issues when mixing IR's from different vendor or factory ones as well.

Last edited:
Is an IR made with a distant room mic still considered far-field even though it has room reflections?
No because it has reflections. A far-field measurement is only the response of the transducer.

There's a couple ways to do far-field measurements:
1. Suspend the speaker and mic in air far enough above the ground so that the ground reflection arrives after the direct signal.
2. Use a ground plane measurement technique outdoors or in a space large enough that any reflections arrive after the direct signal.

A room mic is completely different and it will have the room reflections, which are desirable and give the mix "space". It will also have the response of the mic "baked in".

I'm not sure how much extra work it would be,
But what if 2 separate firmwares were released (16.06HighRes) + (16.06NON) ,
The first having IR slots reduced for the high res , and the second just keeping up with regular firmware updates and not losing out on IR slots, than you'd have the choice ?

I'm not sure how much extra work it would be,
But what if 2 separate firmwares were released (16.06HighRes) + (16.06NON) ,
The first having IR slots reduced for the high res , and the second just keeping up with regular firmware updates and not losing out on IR slots, than you'd have the choice ?
They'd have to maintain this dual identity moving forward for every FW release. I doubt this is feasible.

Back
Top Bottom