9.02 Amp Model Poll

9.02 Amp Model Poll

• I like both the clean and high-gain models better than 9.00

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I know dude, waiting for 9.03 is KILLING me. It should be done by now, last i heard the CA amp was almost done, and the knob shouldnt have been hard to put in.

Makes me think he has something HUGE and magical up his sleeve.

~mx~

Sorry, nothing up my sleeve. Been working on the MFC-101. I'll try to have 9.03 out shortly.

Awesome, i can't wait! =). Once i get the new firmware i can really begin finalizing my patches.Nothing really needed to be up your sleeve, i've just learned to expect random awesomeness.
Its really looking like 9.03 will be almost perfect. Everything you could want and really living up to the motto of "no compromises".
Thanks Cliff.
~mx~

FractalAudio said:
Sorry, nothing up my sleeve. Been working on the MFC-101. I'll try to have 9.03 out shortly.

STOP bugging Cliff about 9.03!!!...HE'S WORKING ON THE MFC-101!!! Leave him alone so he can finish the MFC-101!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark Cullen said:
wezx said:
STOP bugging Cliff about 9.03!!!...HE'S WORKING ON THE MFC-101!!! Leave him alone so he can finish the MFC-101!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

+1 Yes pleeeeeeeeeze!

C'mon Cliff, throw us a bone... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will the MFC-101 be out this year at least?

FractalAudio said:

Thank you thank you thank you! No sleeve material necessary. Can't wait to get the Carrol Ann, BB, new compressor and verb back :cool:

please excuse a newb question, but whats supposed to be coming in 9.03 that everyone cant wait for :?: ????

is there a list? :geek:

spikey said:
please excuse a newb question, but whats supposed to be coming in 9.03 that everyone cant wait for :?: ????

is there a list? :geek:

What, you didn't read the first 35 pages of this thread? :lol:

Has all the new goodies that were in 9.02, with the additional ability to dial the poweramp sim back to 9.0 per patch. This is great for those of us who prefer 9.0 poweramp but want all the new stuff (CA amp, improved comp and spring verb, BB stomp). Best of both worlds. :cool: I believe he's tweaking the new Carol Ann model as well.

Hey thanks and NO- I didnt read the 35 pages...

Lazy.... lol :roll: :mrgreen:

with the additional ability to dial the poweramp sim back to 9.0 per patch.

So this for those who liked the sounds from 9.0 poweramp? So how does a guy who has not heard the difference between the two, pick which one he wants? Are there clips for comparison somewhere?

Remember Im a newb here... be gentle :oops: :mrgreen:

spikey said:
Hey thanks and NO- I didnt read the 35 pages...

Lazy.... lol :roll: :mrgreen:

So this for those who liked the sounds from 9.0 poweramp? So how does a guy who has not heard the difference between the two, pick which one he wants? Are there clips for comparison somewhere?

yea i'm actually surprised no one has done a re-amp comparison or anything. I like 9.03 though sounds more real, but i noticed the mushier high gain, but for me it's acceptable i like really organic fat high gain not tight mechanical tech metal sounding gain. I think 9.0 was a bit stiffer and more appropriate for the technical metal guys. I wonder what in between will sound like, I swear the possibilities never end lol.

spikey said:

Being honest, I wouldn't go by clips of comparisons. Everyone's rig is different. The only way to know for sure is load up 9.0 and work with it. Repeat with 9.02. Then you decide which is working better for you. Or just wait for 9.03 that will give you the option to dial up and down and set it where you like.

Cliff stated that there will be a parameter (still don't think we have a definitive name yet, but we've had some great ideas put forth :mrgreen: ) that will allow you to set how much influence the simulation of the voice coils in the tubes will have on the sound. The 9.00 value will be 2.5, and the 9.01/02 value will be 5.0, which means that you can allow it to have even more impact than it does in the current firmware, or little to no impact at all. The default value will be 5.0 (current firmware sound.) After 9.03, there won't be a necessity for comparison clips; you'll have either sound available at the tweak of a knob (and yet ANOTHER dimension of power amp tweaking, which, frankly, blows my mind.)

Spikey, welcome to the wonderful life of an Axe-Fx owner. GAS can be greatly reduced because Cliff is always giving us something new... and we don't have to buy anything new for it! I love that part! By far the best $2000 I have ever spent on guitar gear.

Back
Top Bottom