9.02 Amp Model Poll

9.02 Amp Model Poll

• I like both the clean and high-gain models better than 9.00

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
After much gnashing of teeth, endless tweak sessions and 2 band volume practices, I've gone back to 9.0 for now. For all of my medium gain and high gain and even my "kick the audience in the nuts because they deserve it" gain tones, 9.02 has a harsh attack and has zero tolerance for any fret buzz. I've been trying and trying to dial out the harshness, and it just wouldn't go away. I loaded 9.0 back in, and just like that, all my tones are back. Smooth as butter, yet crisp, tight and punchy.

I can say that I truly believe 9.02 is closer to accurate because that harsh attack was the one thing I struggled with the most with my Stiletto Deuce. The fact that the AxeFx didn't have that attribute is one of the main reasons I fell in love with it in the first place and sold the Deuce :lol: .

I totally love the BB, the Carol Ann and the new spring verb sounds much improved. I am so grateful that Cliff has decided to put a control on that will allow me to have those added features and leave the poweramp the way it was. :cool:

After much gnashing of teeth, endless tweak sessions and band volume practices and gigs, I'm staying with 9.02. For all of my medium gain and high gain and even my "kick the audience in the nuts because they deserve it" gain tones, 9.02 has a clear high end without the harshness I got boosting highs in v 9.00.

I can say that I truly believe 9.02 is closer to accurate because that chime was one thing that's been subdued in earlier versions.

Sorry for the plagiarism, InsideOut, but I couldn't resist. Obviously people's experiences are different, but I remain blown away with 9.02, and all but one of my live patches (including the light and medium overdriven ones) is better now than before to my ears. The other one is better now than before also, but I had to change amp model to get there.

I updated to 9.02 and have practice today so I'm able to check out how I like the high gain models. I'm a bit worried about the mushier comments but lets see how it works out for me.

GM Arts said:
After much gnashing of teeth, endless tweak sessions and band volume practices and gigs, I'm staying with 9.02. For all of my medium gain and high gain and even my "kick the audience in the nuts because they deserve it" gain tones, 9.02 has a clear high end without the harshness I got boosting highs in v 9.00.

I can say that I truly believe 9.02 is closer to accurate because that chime was one thing that's been subdued in earlier versions.

Sorry for the plagiarism, InsideOut, but I couldn't resist. Obviously people's experiences are different, but I remain blown away with 9.02, and all but one of my live patches (including the light and medium overdriven ones) is better now than before to my ears. The other one is better now than before also, but I had to change amp model to get there.

:lol: :lol:

That's why I'm so glad he's putting a control on it. So we can both be happy :cool:

I should bill you for the plagiarism :eek: :lol:

I went back to 9.00 yesterday . I like the high gain tones better . I absolutely love the cleans on 9.02 , but I play more high gain than cleans . 5 bad checksums going back though...ugh .

i had to go back to 9.0 for the high gain as well .i love 9.02 for the clean , but i would agree the super high gain stuff was kinda mushy , and with the new fw comming , we should all be happy !

Not hearing the harshness here (I use the Corncob mainly). Reset the amp parameters to default, brought the mids up a bit, increased the sag to where I had it before, and my high gain patches sound as good as < 9.02.

I've had a positive experience regarding "mush." 9.02 made my neck humbucker infinitely more usable for medium to high gain stuff. Just seems to breathe more when playing chords, while I would have previously described it as mushy. I believe I'll stick with 9.02.

Kriig said:
Übershall and CAE. MV at 7-10, depending of what i want. Gain at +- and add a drive for some settings.

Well, I can't comment on live settings, but I've been tracking guitars at 9:30, 10 oclock. I feel this gives a much tighter low end. You can also up the preamp a bit w/o it getting too mushy.

Mark

JOHNNYROCKIT said:
Thanks; I'll have to figure out the Mac equivalent.
Karsten
[quote:3rvvks07]

On a Mac:
Go to your Applications/Utilities folder.
Click on 'Grab.app' (use this to capture the screen or any portion thereof).
From the 'Grab' menu bar at the top of your Mac, select 'Capture'.
From the drop down menu under Capture, I usually choose 'Selection' (this option allows you to capture a more 'specific' portion of the screen/window).
Place the mouse pointer at the 'TOP LEFT' corner of the area you wish to capture; left click & hold dragging to the BOTTOM 'RIGHT' corner then let go and let go og the mouse; the now encircled portion is captured and the 'save' window pops up. Name it what you want, click save... You're done!
Enjoy..[/quote:3rvvks07]

Did that. Thanks

But...when I save the picture and copy to the clipboard (I checked; it's there) and tried to paste into the message box (like this one), nothing happens. Any idea how to get the saved Axe-edit screen shot into the message?

Karsten

I absolutely love 9.02 ... The clean tones just kill when I play out with my Mesa 4x12. Gain tones are so clear and bright at the same time without any harshness. Love it Love it Love it.

Mik.

InsideOut said:
:lol: :lol:

That's why I'm so glad he's putting a control on it. So we can both be happy :cool:

I should bill you for the plagiarism :eek: :lol:

Yes, the "version morphing" control will be cool. I think I posted somewehere else it should allow us to try future versions as well by turning it up higher :D

As for the bill, PM me - just beware I pay in Monopoly money.

markus said:
Kriig said:
Übershall and CAE. MV at 7-10, depending of what i want. Gain at +- and add a drive for some settings.

Well, I can't comment on live settings, but I've been tracking guitars at 9:30, 10 oclock. I feel this gives a much tighter low end. You can also up the preamp a bit w/o it getting too mushy.

Mark

I will loose the creamier part of the high end, which is my problem with 9.02, and i loose fatness. I don´t run the Axe direct, except for some live shows. We haven´t recorded so much yet. Mostly getting songs to "tape" as I/we compose them.. One take with drums, guitars, bass and vocals. Will get to the serious recording later. This whole discussion is not relevant anymore. This is like telling a christian that Mohammed is Jesus and vice verca. Different taste/veiw/etc. IMHO.. Good that it works for you Mark :)

And this is not a religionthing..... Lucky us ;)

Just had my first rehearsal with 9.02, it sounds soooo good, I can't see that I will have much use for the new coil setting in 9.03 but you never know ;)

At my next jam-session, my drummer asked what I did to improve my tone. I replied, "I updated my software - that's it!" :cool:

I must say though that I have a bassman-based sound I've been using at church, and since it's behaving like a REAL bassman now I was initially unhappy. But after about 20 min. tweaking, it's rockin' me steady!

ok just had practice 2 with 9.02 i have to say i dialed in my gains with the boost this time and it sounded alot better. I really like 9.02 but i think the thump at 0 in the high gain might be what i'm missing, there's just a little meat in the rhythm that seems to not be there but it could be an EQ thing... so many knobs so little time lol

jr213 said:
At my next jam-session, my drummer asked what I did to improve my tone. I replied, "I updated my software - that's it!" :cool:

I must say though that I have a bassman-based sound I've been using at church, and since it's behaving like a REAL bassman now I was initially unhappy. But after about 20 min. tweaking, it's rockin' me steady!

Hehe, my drummer asked if I had a new pedal or something cause it sounded better, bless him.... ;)

rsf1977 said:
ok just had practice 2 with 9.02 i have to say i dialed in my gains with the boost this time and it sounded alot better. I really like 9.02 but i think the thump at 0 in the high gain might be what i'm missing, there's just a little meat in the rhythm that seems to not be there but it could be an EQ thing... so many knobs so little time lol

I agree that while having all of the flexibility in the AxeFX is one of it's strongest points it can also end up way over my head! At least with 9.02 I have found myself playing the main amp knobs more and the advanced less everything just sounds great 'out of the box' :)

YEEEEEAH! :mrgreen:

i'm on tour now,and i don't wanna to update,my sound is huge!

but,with this new parameter in the p.a will be easy to tweak the sound!!!

i can't wait anymore for 9.03!!!!!!!!

Cliff......no words!!

you make magic!!!!

I want to thank you, your dedication and knowledge.

Cheers!!!

waiting,waiting,waiting!

:arrow:

Back
Top Bottom