9.02 Amp Model Poll

9.02 Amp Model Poll

• I like both the clean and high-gain models better than 9.00

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm digging the new clean models. Haven't really noticed a difference on my high gain patches. I only use the SOLO 100 for high gain -- maybe that didn't change? I use a JCM800 for some lower gain stuff.

Anyhow...it's all good. I'm happy.

The update provided a huge improvement that I didn't think was possible. Impressive! Thanks for all the hard work Cliff. :cool:

I'll clarify my answer as to avoid scew-ing the result.
I selected a thumbs up for 9.02 for both clean and High Gain because i dont fully fit into any of the cateroties available. I am predominately a clean player- rarely do i go to the high gain amps, so i shouldnt be counted in favor or against 9.02 with regard to high gain.
On the other hand, for my purposes, the 9.02 update is a huge leap forward.

Everyone should appreciate your willingness to accomodate all. I do. Thanks.

Thanks for the opportunity to vote on this Cliff. I selected #2 because I do love what it's done for the clean amps. But for high gain, I want balls and thickness, and chime seems to be the opposite of that. Just one mans opinion :cool:

I will caveat that I voted for 'like 9.2 for both', BUT, the SLO is about as high gain as I get, and even then I'm no gainiac.

I'm going to refrain from voting in the poll. I'm able to get some 9.02 high gain amps to sound great. For others, I can't seem to get the same definition/lack of muddiness that I remember from 9.0. I don't know whether it's because I'm doing it wrong or whether my memory could be playing tricks on me. It's bugging me, but I'm not sure which answer to pick.

I picked both. I don't do a lot of high gain but the ones I do have I was able to make them sound just fine to my ear. The cleans and mid gains are so excellent now, they were fine before, I couldn't be more pleased.

Except when the next update comes out when I will again say "I couldn't be more pleased" and so on.

I replied in the affirmative for both, but I'll offer the qualifier that I only use a handful of the available amp sims and that I never play metal. I have no doubt that I can get any amp sound I want with 9.02, but, as with almost every user, I am selectively using only those amp sims that best suit my purposes.

It's difficult.

What can lead to confusion is that most of the real clean amps, namely Fenders have been reworked (especially the Deluxe). Now, I definitely prefer the reworked models. The Deluxe sounds a lot more like the real deal. What I don't like is that everything sounds slightly midscooped now, a little artificial for lack of better term which I blame on the tweaked poweramp sim.

An interesting experiment would be to hear the reworked Fenders, but with the 9.00 poweramp simulation. So my vote is going to be 9.00, since the reworked models have nothing to do with the poweramp sim (as far as I can understand from the release notes).

Btw. Cliff, I've said before that I didn't like the compressor in the Axe...NOW I DO !

I'm not going to vote until I can get a bit more time in with the new firmware. Right away, I noticed the cleans were better. However, I'm a predominately high gain player (unless I'm playing at church). There is something different in the high-gain models that I can't quite put my finger on, but I'm not quite liking them as much as 9.0. However, I plan on dialing in some new IR's over the next couple of days, and my opinion may change. Perhaps it's just that I'm so used to the sounds I've dialed in with 9.0 that I'm having trouble adjusting to the changes.

Mark

I'd like to split the difference between 9.0 and 9.02. I wish there was a knob to fine tune between the scoop/chime of 9.02 and the bit more fullness of the low mids of 9.0 on every amp block.

I screwed my vote up; I mean to say 9.02 worked better for me across the board; I chose option 3 on accident.

So, subtract one from Option 3 and add one to Option 1. D'oh.

:oops:

Cleans were good before, MUCH better now. High-gain: I just went ahead and reinitialized and retweaked. No biggie. Also, before, I almost always had to use two cabs to get "my" tone, the V30 and the Cali. I am now able to remove the Cali which is a good thing since it takes out one more block and one more variable.

As for the new chime and top-end, remember, you can generally dial out what is there that you don't want, but you can't dial in what's not there in the first place.

Scott Peterson said:
I screwed my vote up; I mean to say 9.02 worked better for me across the board; I chose option 3 on accident.

If Mr.Fractal decides to downgrade us all back to 9.00 (read: medieval period), it will all be YOUR FAULT, Scott!!

:mrgreen:

yek said:
If Mr.Fractal decides to downgrade us all back to 9.00 (read: medieval period), it will all be YOUR FAULT, Scott!!

:lol:

I'm hoping maybe it wouldn't be too resource intensive to give the option of both per patch, like past updates. Come on virtual knob :lol:

If Cliff wants he can edit his original post and allow you guys that messed up your vote to change it. It is one of the poll creation options.

yek said:
Scott Peterson said:

Oh the shame of it. :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom