And therein lies the answer-Disliking a type of music should NOT call for beheading of the player. My point being-I have never seen a forum that is so thrilled to make others (famous others) sound like they are losers or bad musicians-I don't like him, blah, blah.
This is what they do in the third grade and that in a nutshell is where the majority of this forum belongs.
If you don't use a cetain guitar or don't whatever................all of a sudden that guitar sucks, worst ever made, negative, negative--always.

When dealing with children and inflated egos and so many wanna be's guess it's expected that so many great players get dissed.
Never saw it on a Strat forum or a Les Paul forum-but on thee childrens hour here it happens everyday.

Dude, lets call this what it is, it's called patiently waiting for version 10. Childish yes, fun yes, trying to piss off other people, no. It's just a bunch of guys playing poker, making stupid accusations about who they care for or in this case who they don't care for. I would hope that people would not take offense, as its not meant to be.

I'm beginning to think S..68 is a plant, sent here by___? I haven't counted the added posts due to the disgruntled. LOL. Life is short enough.

oh so +1 on this one to add to the count.

"For Your FYI"(as the south jersey girls in my office say): It's all in fun, no harm intended to ANYone.

And this would all stop like a heartattack if 10 were to show up.

Last edited:
Um, Stratman, maybe you should chill out and realize that any guitarists that actually make these lists don't need you to defend their honor. I'd say the vast majority of them are doing just fine without your unneeded assistance and misplaced lecturing on this forum.

For your own sanity, I'd suggest sitting this one out; the guitar gods are capable of living on without you lecturing us.

I think I read somewhere that playing a musical instrument, like 'PLAYING' the guitar does relieve stress.

In no particular order...

Neal Schon - I was exited to see Journey with Pat Benatar and Loverboy. Never before have I witnessed so much musical masturbation in my whole life. Prior to seeing them live, I was a huge fan. I was extremely disappointed in Journey as a whole, but it may as well have been called the Neal Schon "million notes jerk-off hour." The icing on the cake for me was the numerous shameless plugs to promote his new solo CD.

Slash - Do you you ever notice the guy in the top hat is considerably louder than "the other guy" on stage?? Another 20 minute pentatonic minor solo would have put me to sleep.

C.C. Deville - enuff said especially when he had pink hair...

John Mayer - #1. used a backdoor through teenie-bopper folk/pop culture sounding/making faces like Dave Matthews to #2 weasel his way into the blues scene ripping off SRV...or is he jazz now? i lost track... he is the ULTIMATE douche bag.

Kenny Wayne Sheppard - see #2 above

Kirk Hammett - put the crybaby down dude...seriously.

Dave Navarro - no comment

As of now there are 133 posts on disliked guitarists and 38 on liked guitarists.

Really people?

You will never become a good player by focusing on the negative. Find players that inspire you to better yourself, work hard and maybe someday you'll inspire someone else.

At the very least you'll be happier!

I have to post in this thread. I just can not hold back.

We need more threads like this where people can actually discuss their feelings freely, (1st amendment people). What is wrong with people discussing their personal opinions and tastes? I find this very refreshing as long as we all respect others opinions. We can all agree to disagree because what is being shared here are OPINIONS. We should be able to state our feelings without beginning a flame war. There's nothing wrong with some playful discussion, just keep it tasteful.

Well done Chef! Hate away!!! :)

Steve Vai. (I don't like anything I've heard by him)
Yngwie Malmsteen. (I prefer classical without pomp)
Alan Holdsworth. (Pretentious. I can't play it to a non-musician without them smirking.... which says it all really.)
The guys from A7X. (Unmemorable solos.)
The guys from Dragonforce. (Style over substance).

Lastly, me. (too opinionated). :D

I don't care about getting flamed, btw! It says 'dislike', so opinions without foundation are the order of the day, and it's good to get things off your chest! :D

I don't like that you guys comment that you don't like certain guitarists for what ever reasons so I am going call you out as a third grader!!!!

Now back to my arithmetic and spelling lessons... and learning the difference between a pot and a kettle.

:roll

As of now there are 133 posts on disliked guitarists and 38 on liked guitarists.

Really people?

You will never become a good player by focusing on the negative. Find players that inspire you to better yourself, work hard and maybe someday you'll inspire someone else.

At the very least you'll be happier!

Wow, you're able to analyze people you never met or spoke to personally, based on a single post containing just an enumeration?
You should turn this into a job and make money from it.

Jimmy Page=Overrated of all time
Clapton= hasn't been good since early 90s- Derek Trucks blew his playing away live

Worst:
C.C. Deville
Steven Adler - he plays drums but he sucks so bad he deserves to be on this list too
I don't get Joe Bonamassa
I don't get Morrisey either- not a guitar player but not a singer either
Sonic Youth
Dave Navarrow

ESTEBAN IS NOT A BAD GUITARIST- CALLING HIM THAT ACKNOWLEDGES THE MYTH THAT HE IS A GUITARIST
I'm still 2 dvd lessons away from learning house of the rising sun- anyone got $40 I can borrow?

Kurt Cobain is not a bad guitarist- he's the best in the world at what he did- and he was the best songwriter... it's like beatles with powerchords and distortion- so guitar wise- he just supported his great songs.

Kurt Cobain could play 3 chords and write/play a song- Michael Angelo plays a million notes and couldn't write his way out of a paper bag

I wonder if Cliff will join us in this one. I mean, he usually say things just the way he sees it, but I can't come up with something more damaging to his customers than a list from him going something like:

Steve Vai
John Petrucci
That guy in Rush
Tosin Abasi
Dweezil Zappa
Mark Day
Scott Peterson

Haha! I'm just joking of course. someone had to do it. :lol

Michael angelo Batteo
clapton,Beck, Page (though great riffs sucks lead) Ill count all as one
Santana
Angus and hell his brother too, YOung
EVH for never progressing beyond what he could do on the first 1 or 2 albums, a waste of god given talent. Truly amazing player of all time wasted. Also a knock for his ridiculous dirth/volume of work in such a long career.
That 7 string player Rusty Cooley. John 5 (I just cant listent to this guy), Bucket head, that hideous player
bumblefoot
mick mars

Thread about guitar players we like: 3 pages right now
Thread about guitar players we dislike: 8 pages right now

Oh, human nature... :lol

Back
Top Bottom