#1 main guitar IMAGES and name, if you name it, please

This may or may not be my best guitar, but it's the very last one I'll ever let go. It doesn't have a name, it's a PRS Modern Eagle (the original series) with Brazilian rosewood neck and fretboard, pickups upgraded to 59/09s, and fancy new(er) lampshade knobs. This thing rings like a bell, sustains phenomenally, and the bare neck and satin finish just feel dead sexy.

me-2022-open-case.png

me-2022-repose-doily.png

This RG550LTD has been my #1 for many years and gigs. It has survived many failed attempts to replace it: two Suhrs, one Tom Anderson, two J.Custom, two Prestige, one JS2450 and one JEM amongst others. It is a lucky piece of wood with special mojo and resonance.

The one on the right side ⏩😀
IMG_0750.JPG

Now I have 3 more #1s, and I cannot decide which one of the four is my favorite
  • RG8550CTS
  • Fender Highway body with Warmoth scalloped neck
  • DIY made with a $78 scalloped neck and a $49 body from AliExpress. Original Floyd Rose and Harmonic Design Z90pickups
C3.jpg

Last edited:
This may or may not be my best guitar, but it's the very last one I'll ever let go. It doesn't have a name, it's a PRS Modern Eagle (the original series) with Brazilian rosewood neck and fretboard, pickups upgraded to 59/09s, and fancy new(er) lampshade knobs. This thing rings like a bell, sustains phenomenally, and the bare neck and satin finish just feel dead sexy.

me-2022-open-case.png

me-2022-repose-doily.png
Beautiful guitar! I am a big PRS fan. Please check that set screw at the rear of the bridge. I see in your picture that it is sticking out from the bridge a bit. It shouldn't be out that far. I have read horror stories about guys that had that work it's way out while in the case and scratch the top of the guitar. It would be a disaster for something like that to happen to your beautiful guitar.

This has been my go-to for the last couple years - basically since I bought it.

My guitars don't really get names unless I have 2 (or more) of the same model, in which case I just refer to them by color (except when I have more than 1 of the same color - first world problems, I know!).

I just call this one "the DK-24" (and my other in Shell Pink is "the MIM").

Great guitars and the best neck shape and feel ever!
View attachment 115186
What pickups in this one? I have a USA HSS that is awesome. It's my heaviest guitar, stays in tune and feels like the finest guitar I've ever played. I love it. It came with the Dimarzios (SD, H2, H2...I believe). I swapped the Dimarzio for a JB and am thinking of swapping out that now.

Back
Top Bottom