#1 main guitar IMAGES and name, if you name it, please

This may or may not be my best guitar, but it's the very last one I'll ever let go. It doesn't have a name, it's a PRS Modern Eagle (the original series) with Brazilian rosewood neck and fretboard, pickups upgraded to 59/09s, and fancy new(er) lampshade knobs. This thing rings like a bell, sustains phenomenally, and the bare neck and satin finish just feel dead sexy.

me-2022-open-case.png

me-2022-repose-doily.png
Beauty!

Beautiful guitar! I am a big PRS fan. Please check that set screw at the rear of the bridge. I see in your picture that it is sticking out from the bridge a bit. It shouldn't be out that far. I have read horror stories about guys that had that work it's way out while in the case and scratch the top of the guitar. It would be a disaster for something like that to happen to your beautiful guitar.

Good call, thank you!! I'll check on that next time I'm in that room.

What pickups in this one? I have a USA HSS that is awesome. It's my heaviest guitar, stays in tune and feels like the finest guitar I've ever played. I love it. It came with the Dimarzios (SD, H2, H2...I believe). I swapped the Dimarzio for a JB and am thinking of swapping out that now.
It has Duncans - Full Shred in the bridge and SSL-6 in the middle/neck.

Didn't like the back-angled single coil? I really dig the gold ones!
The single in the bridge was actually a humbucker, but I've never found a single coil-sized humbucker I liked. Got a cheap template from Musiclily and did an Eddie on it. The gold is the best color in the dk22 line and this one is a featherweight.

This is the coolest guitar rig pic I've seen in a long time... simple and gorgeous. I'd love to try the Edwards!

It feels like any LP Custom I’ve ever played with a slightly thinner neck. Ever so slightly. I’ve played maybe 10-15 LP Customs over the years and have seen some variation in the necks, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the Edwards neck is excatly like a particular year of LPC’s. For $1000 it’s a LOT of guitar, that’s for sure. The fit/finish on this is flawless. Very much plan on getting a white one in the near future and possibly doing the Wylde Bullseye to it!

Current #1 is my (modified) Charvel DK22. Routed the bridge for a full-sized HB and put a Duncan 78 in there. Just need a white pup ring....Don't name my guitars, but I guess I'd call this one "Goldfinger".
Been thinking about replacing my JB with a 78. I really would like to do the EVH Frankie but it's only got 2 wires. I need to split/tap coils with the HSS arrangement. Plus I'm not sure how well that pickup will gel with the Charvel, which is much heavier and different wood. Maybe a Woflie? I do know that I want I high output p/u because of the contrast of the low output singles. That's they key for that guitar's clean to mean. And of course the treble bleed, which is a must. I believe the 78's put out around 9ish but are hot wired. I have a Thornbucker plus in my Warmoth and it sounds great, behaves like a mid output should but doesn't have the drive that the EVH and SD JB has. I may do a Suhr Aldrich or try the Alnico II JB. The regular JB seems to 'generic'. That being said it does rock and I like it better than the Dimarzio SD that came with the guitar.

Been thinking about replacing my JB with a 78. I really would like to do the EVH Frankie but it's only got 2 wires. I need to split/tap coils with the HSS arrangement. Plus I'm not sure how well that pickup will gel with the Charvel, which is much heavier and different wood. Maybe a Woflie? I do know that I want I high output p/u because of the contrast of the low output singles. That's they key for that guitar's clean to mean. And of course the treble bleed, which is a must. I believe the 78's put out around 9ish but are hot wired. I have a Thornbucker plus in my Warmoth and it sounds great, behaves like a mid output should but doesn't have the drive that the EVH and SD JB has. I may do a Suhr Aldrich or try the Alnico II JB. The regular JB seems to 'generic'. That being said it does rock and I like it better than the Dimarzio SD that came with the guitar.
Before you replace that JB, you could try lowering it to improve clarity(if that's what you're missing). I've tried the 78 in a number of guitars, mostly Charvels and my 5150, and it never worked until I put it in "Goldfinger" and mounted it lower. Much better clarity but still plenty of output, especially in the mids. The JB in my old San Dimas worked much better after I lowered it, too. I would think you would have to run the Frankenstein or the Wolfgang lower as they are fairly high output pickups, very similar to the Custom Custom I have in my 5150. I'm not familiar with Suhr pickups....

Back
Top Bottom