#1 main guitar IMAGES and name, if you name it, please

confused schitts creek GIF by CBC

Well, it's not the Parker, cuz I sold that one...
... also pic needs an update, missing 2 Strats, a Gold Top, and a 335
Dozen.jpg

[EDIT]
here's the current lineup:
RiL7BTW.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_9835-1553597411.jpeg

This is my main, no name either but reading this thread I think I should name her. It's a 2018 PRS Custom 22 Piezo with a solid rosewood neck, ebony fretboard and an artist grade maple top in Charcoal Burst. It was the first guitar I ordered and with the 5 way blade and piezo its just super versatile and it feels like there's nothing I can't play with this guitar. I love it.

It helps me to have the first letter of the name match the brand or model of a guitar. I stay away from crazy ex's. We've all had at least one, right? but these axes are beeeeeautiful.

"Ugly Ole Blue" Made from completely seperate parts bought on Ebay about 15+ years that came together like magic. Ridiculously light Warmoth swamp ash body that went through multiple finishes, the last being blue that has been mostly removed. Warmoth Jackson style neck with the Gibson scale conversion. '59 LP back profile, 10" radius, 6100 super jumbo frets. Floyd nut. Literally a if a Les Paul and a Jackson had a baby neck. This neck would cost around $600 now, got it for $200 back then. Duncan Custom Custom bridge pickup. Dimarzio in the neck. Single volume control. 5 way switch with coil taps on 2 & 4 positions. Wiring was done by my friend Grant. RIP buddy. Stetsbar trem. I have much nicer looking(of course) and expensive guitars. My Flaxwood, my Ibanez AZ and the custom made from scratch guitar that's my avatar, but this will always be the last one I'll ever sell.

Attachments

• C3971985-7284-48CD-85B7-6337CFC972CE_1_201_a.jpeg
    C3971985-7284-48CD-85B7-6337CFC972CE_1_201_a.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 37
I don't think this is my favorite....but I've been gigging with it a lot lately (and I have a pic in front of me).
73 Gold Top.....she's obviously not chambered, but she's very light (prob 8.5). Definitely a unicorn in that regard.
IMG_20221221_132729.jpg

I don't think this is my favorite....but I've been gigging with it a lot lately (and I have a pic in front of me).
73 Gold Top.....she's obviously not chambered, but she's very light (prob 8.5). Definitely a unicorn in that regard.
View attachment 115286

Ya know what’s funny? I don’t dig shiny, new gold tops, but show me one with finish checking and some years of use and I’ll love it all up!

When I went to the Gilmour auction, I wasn’t too rushed to get over to the gold top he recorded the “Another Brick” solo with, but once I saw it I sat there for a while and just stared.

38F7A384-C4D3-418E-AC15-AEC346363F1B.jpeg

@Axelman8 Tell us about the neck on that one.
The neck was "relic" scaloped and when I bought the guitar, I liked it.

After playing for some days I wanted to clean the neck and then the relic started to irritate me because the scalope was not a great job and I couldn't clean it properly.
I followed This guide and now the neck is how I like it.

20230125_173523.jpg20230130_233157.jpg

@ OP
Sorry for hijacking your thread

Cheers 🍻

20230130_170658.jpgLots of history here. To the right is my 1966 Epiphone that I've played since gradeschool but is now a couch guitar. Next to it is my baby, 1989 Ibanez that I've played forever and retired last year. The others are my current stage guitars. Yea they're a mess but I play them alot and clean them up about yearly. Lol
My current favorite is the Ibanez on the Left. Plays like butter and sounds fantastic. (No thanks to me). The acoustic is a Rainsong and is another favorite for playing and sound.

View attachment 115302Lots of history here. To the right is my 1966 Epiphone that I've played since gradeschool but is now a couch guitar. Next to it is my baby, 1989 Ibanez that I've played forever and retired last year. The others are my current stage guitars. Yea they're a mess but I play them alot and clean them up about yearly. Lol
My current favorite is the Ibanez on the Left. Plays like butter and sounds fantastic. (No thanks to me). The acoustic is a Rainsong and is another favorite for playing and sound.
What year is your Radius? 1989?

Back
Top Bottom