#1 main guitar IMAGES and name, if you name it, please

My now retired #1 is a March 1969 Les Paul GT, which I bought back in the 70's with the GT already stripped (which uncovered the two piece, center seamed book-matched maple top!). I then proceeded to convert it with 1959 PAF's (from it's original P90's), added Grovers when the original Kluson's wore out, and later the Faber H/W. That 1950's Catalin/Bakelite Toggle Switch Tip is from a 1956 LP Special I had long ago.

At 9lbs 2oz with the Grovers, it's a bit heavy for me to use live in my old age, plus it's fairly valuable now etc, so these days I'm preferring a 2006 Chambered LP Studio Vintage Mahogany and a 1996 The Paul II (6.5lbs and 7lbs, both with vintage Duncan JB's in the bridge, and P-Rails in the neck).

Last edited:
This is Hoorman Gitfiddle, a PRS McCarty 594 HBII Wood Library I bought from Ish Guitars in Jan '21! I play it 95% of the time I have a guitar in hand (in large part due to it's light weight at 5.6 lbs)! Plays/sounds better than anything I had ever owned till that point. I do have two other PRSi, both of them CU24's, one Core and one Private Stock. I love them, but not like I love this guitar!!!

HoormanGidfiddle_2023Jan16_7470.jpg

HoormanGidfiddle_2023Jan16_7469.jpg

HoormanGidfiddle_2023Jan16_7449.jpg

HoormanGidfiddle_2023Jan16_7446.jpg

HoormanGidfiddle_2023Jan16_7458.jpg

FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!!!

My now retired #1 is a March 1969 Les Paul GT, which I bought back in the 70's with the GT already stripped (which uncovered the two piece, center seamed book-matched maple top!). I then proceeded to convert it with 1959 PAF's (from the original P90's), added Grovers when the original Kluson's wore out, and later the Faber H/W. That 1950's Catalin/Bakelite Toggle Switch Tip is from a 1956 LP Special I had long ago.

At 9lbs 2oz with the Grovers, it's a bit heavy for me to use live in my old age, plus it's fairly valuable now etc, so these days I'm preferring a 2006 Chambered LP Studio Vintage Mahogany and a 1996 The Paul II (6.5lbs and 7lbs, both with vintage Duncan JB's in the bridge, and P-Rails in the neck).

I have a kidney if you want to make a deal... j/k that is awesome. My friend bought one that was one piece, and it was early 70s. It sounds unbelievable. That is worth some dough! I don't have any idea, but tens of thousands if not hundreds from collectors, right?

This may or may not be my best guitar, but it's the very last one I'll ever let go. It doesn't have a name, it's a PRS Modern Eagle (the original series) with Brazilian rosewood neck and fretboard, pickups upgraded to 59/09s, and fancy new(er) lampshade knobs. This thing rings like a bell, sustains phenomenally, and the bare neck and satin finish just feel dead sexy.

me-2022-open-case.png

me-2022-repose-doily.png

This is an absolutely gorgeous guitar... 👌🏻

This is Hoorman Gitfiddle, a PRS McCarty 594 HBII Wood Library I bought from Ish Guitars in Jan '21! I play it 95% of the time I have a guitar in hand (in large part due to it's light weight at 5.6 lbs)! Plays/sounds better than anything I had ever owned till that point. I do have two other PRSi, both of them CU24's, one Core and one Private Stock. I love them, but not like I love this guitar!!!

View attachment 115497

View attachment 115498

View attachment 115499

View attachment 115500

View attachment 115501

FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!!!
Beautiful! I have a PRS Special Custom 22 Hollowbody that is a wonderful guitar, almost scarily so.

I've heard really good things about their hollow bodies too, so I imagine it's a blast, and very expressive. The best thing about either of them is how comfortable they are.

Hopefully, yours has the sustain mine has. I'm repeatedly surprised at how much effortless sustain it has without even being plugged in. I have no idea how they do that.

Beautiful! I have a PRS Special Custom 22 Hollowbody that is a wonderful guitar, almost scarily so.

I've heard really good things about their hollow bodies too, so I imagine it's a blast, and very expressive. The best thing about either of them is how comfortable they are.

Hopefully, yours has the sustain mine has. I'm repeatedly surprised at how much effortless sustain it has without even being plugged in. I have no idea how they do that.
Thanks for the kind words! Certainly enough sustain for a hack like me ;~))

I have a kidney if you want to make a deal... j/k that is awesome. My friend bought one that was one piece, and it was early 70s. It sounds unbelievable. That is worth some dough! I don't have any idea, but tens of thousands if not hundreds from collectors, right?

The early reissue years with one piece bodies and necks, and two piece tops, and correct headstock ornamentation were later 1968 and early 1969, as by the end of 1969 and going forward for a while they went to laminated necks with volutes etc, plus pancake and multi-piece bodies, though there were always exceptions from Gibson, especially via special order.

Not sure what it's worth as the 1959 PAF's are worth a pretty penny as well, but likely in the $10K - $20K US range at best seeing it's the 1950's and 1960 Sunbursts that bring the big money, though this is as close as you can get to a 50's LP with the major differences being the headstock angle being 3* shallower and the wider bout binding.

This guitar has traveled and been played hard for 30 years, and it sounds glorious (wish the weight wasn't an issue, but I got old so I might be needing that kidney LOL?).

Back
Top Bottom