Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 13.02 Released

1. CabLab doesn't currently support UltraRes. Use Axe-Edit or Fractal-Bot for now.
2. The level is the same but often times there will be a bass resonance that gets lost with normal IRs. This resonance can cause you to exceed the clipping threshold. If you look at my original post on the subject you'll see that bass resonance can be quite a few dB higher than a normal IR.

Yes. Thanks. That makes sense for both issues. I'm noticing a lot less "smearing" with these IRs. Unfortunately, I have setup my patches to account for smearing and to use it. Therefore I have to tweak things a bit for the precision I'm getting now. I'm noticing less bass flub but even on the higher end I'm getting a little more (too much for my setup) clarity. 1st world problems.

This firmware update is wonderful. Everything sounds so clear and there is more "3D", width, or whatever you want to call it. Great, full-sounding tones.

Just curious though, when using an UltraRes cab, can you only use one at a time?

Are the Ultra Res IRs brighter/more present?

They certainly contain more detail, and all adjustments are much more noticeable.

I find myself wanting to lower the hi cut freq, but also lower the lo cut, in the cab block. This is not a bad thing, particularly for dialing in an amp-in-the-room sound/feel.

This firmware update is wonderful. Everything sounds so clear and there is more "3D", width, or whatever you want to call it. Great, full-sounding tones.

Just curious though, when using an UltraRes cab, can you only use one at a time?

Only one at a time per block. If you want stereo put two cab blocks in parallel.

Just when you think it can't get any better or more perfect, IT DOES!! Thank you Cliff and crew! Looking forward to CabLab's new release to convert Kevin's IRs. Just way too much cool stuff to comprehend at once!!

Does anyone know if the existing WAV's for the ownhammer Marshall 4x12 set are long enough to convert to Ultra Res once the new cab lab drops?

Or do we need to wait for an update?

Early verdict : Ultrarez rocks.

Questions : Will we see ultrarez versions of the producer packs? Extra charge?

I will likely be hitting up the Ownerhammer stuff shortly.

You can hear the weight of the cabinets!

Interesting way of describing UltraRes! I have to live vicariously thru the forums tonight as I can't get to the Axe until tomorrow sometime to hear for myself. Exciting stuff; I can't wait to try v13 out.

Huge change also here!
Instantly bought the Ultrares OH pack and I'm amazed how different they sound.
I have found OH IR's to be a little thin with my Axe 2, but this was until tonight.
Thanks for all the hard work, this was really the killing strike imo.

Does anyone know if the existing WAV's for the ownhammer Marshall 4x12 set are long enough to convert to Ultra Res once the new cab lab drops?

Or do we need to wait for an update?
not the ones you can currently download. gotta wait for an update.

Back
Top Bottom