Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 13.02 Released

Early verdict : Ultrarez rocks.

Questions : Will we see ultrarez versions of the producer packs? Extra charge?

I will likely be hitting up the Ownerhammer stuff shortly.

Unfortunately we acquired the Producer Packs at only 2K samples so there would be no advantage to converting them to UltraRes. We have already lined up studio time to go and acquire new IRs and will be offering those in UltraRes format. I've acquired some new amps since the last time so there should be more variety too. Also, we've been in contact with some studios and IR companies about producing UltraRes content.

CabLab will be able to automate the whole IR capture process (the hooks are already in the firmware). So you start up CabLab and it guides you through the IR capture and then saves both the raw IR and the UltraRes sysex file. Basically all you have to do is enter the file name and hit "Go".

We will be offering commercial licenses of CabLab to those companies who want to produce UltraRes content.

The OH IR's are just blowing me away. Thanks for the guitarhack IRs Cliff but to me there's no comparison to the OH. I'm using the V30 OH that you provided in a Def Leppard patch that I've been working on for a while and it just fits perfectly. I finally felt happy with it and uploaded it here: Axe-Change - Download Preset - Def Leppard - by hoth. Hope others like it. But these cabs really are a wonder.

I think the GuitarHack ones were made with a tube power amp so they'll be a bit colored.

Unfortunately we acquired the Producer Packs at only 2K samples so there would be no advantage to converting them to UltraRes. We have already lined up studio time to go and acquire new IRs and will be offering those in UltraRes format. I've acquired some new amps since the last time so there should be more variety too. Also, we've been in contact with some studios and IR companies about producing UltraRes content.

CabLab will be able to automate the whole IR capture process (the hooks are already in the firmware). So you start up CabLab and it guides you through the IR capture and then saves both the raw IR and the UltraRes sysex file. Basically all you have to do is enter the file name and hit "Go".

We will be offering commercial licenses of CabLab to those companies who want to produce UltraRes content.

Man, I'm so happy I got CabLab and didn't go to the bar that night!

Amazing!!! A bottle of wine may get better with age but it usually takes years of aging. My Axe II has gotten better in just a few months(shipped with 10.9). Thank You Very Much!!!!! More IR's..... Excuse me while I explode!

I bought the new pack. What the heck. I barely paid much for the OH cabs because of frequent buyer discounts. Why not kick Fractal and OH some dollars for their efforts. Plus...now I don't have to go through Cab Lab and convert this stuff. It's all converted for me. Sweet update!

wow that Ch-V30 ultra res with the MarkIIC+ Bright is blowing me away right now, it just sounds so "alive", mixed in the dual delay 500/250 20%/15% (those are satch's delay settings)
I could stay up and play all night.......................my wife is going to shoot me :)

I have a question if anyone can check or Cliff could clarify, (I am away from my axe... just left the jam session to find a new FW :p) with the PreAmp sag parameter, is it possible to run a separate tube pre-amp into the axe rear inputs with an amp block and turn off the amp's preamp and keep the power section? Seems like it can be possible, but even with my AxeEdit I can't check.

Anyone? Cliff? Please let me know! :)

Thanks!!

The only last thing I would like now would be an ultrares bass IR.
It is very clear that ultrares will have a significant effect on bass (because of the low frequency details introduced).
And it would be very nice to try the new bass amps with an ultrares IR.
Other than this, everything is perfect now, except that I still cannot stop playing even if I'm about to die because of sleeplessness. :)
It is 5.51 am here. Let's play some more!

No - it has been discussed many other times. Separating the Pre/Power would make it too easy for competitors to reverse engineer the product.

1. CabLab doesn't currently support UltraRes. Use Axe-Edit or Fractal-Bot for now.
2. The level is the same but often times there will be a bass resonance that gets lost with normal IRs. This resonance can cause you to exceed the clipping threshold. If you look at my original post on the subject you'll see that bass resonance can be quite a few dB higher than a normal IR.

How do you fix that? Turn down the LF Resonance?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Multi Tap Delays does not update or hold timed delays. See Bugs section. If you use this block, ensure you have a backup and avoid editing the block until there's an FW update. Plays OK only. Please check under AxeFX Bugs for an example preset. Waiting on confirmation but it could ruin the joy we all feel.

Last edited:
I've acquired some new amps since the last time so there should be more variety too. Also, we've been in contact with some studios and IR companies about producing UltraRes content.

Merely curiosity but what's the advantage(s) to having the raw IR file (.ir)? I didn't quote a previous post you made but you had mentioned that the new IR pack included the .ir files.

Thanks to everyone for the hard work! A new Axe Edit with Manage as well as the new FW w/URez! Huge!

wow that Ch-V30 ultra res with the MarkIIC+ Bright is blowing me away right now, it just sounds so "alive", mixed in the dual delay 500/250 20%/15% (those are satch's delay settings)
I could stay up and play all night.......................my wife is going to shoot me :)

That cab plays real nice with the Nitrous as well. Better tie up the wife before you try it though...

Back
Top Bottom