Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 13.02 Released

I've had to restart three times now since updating to 13 with axe edit 3.0.4...2 times when loading ultra highres cabs and once when adjusting Multi Tap. Axe edit times out and the axe just locks up. arg Previously on 12.2 loaded new firmware with bot 1.2.6 (still on os 10.6.8). double arg

what is this "FN-42 (based on a 1977 Fane 122142)" ? it sounds great with the jumpered plexi 100

so does the OH_412_MAR-CB_L-BB_RBN-121.
very tempted to buy the pack, these really do have a noticeable difference (and I haven't even cranked up the CLR yet) just playing through the KRK 8's right now.

I've had to restart three times now since updating to 13 with axe edit 3.0.4...2 times when loading ultra highres cabs and once when adjusting Multi Tap. Axe edit times out and the axe just locks up. arg Previously on 12.2 loaded new firmware with bot 1.2.6 (still on os 10.6.8). double arg

Just checked...both presets had the MTD in them...I'm assuming that's the culprit???

I can admit now, I had a boominess issue with the AxeFX II cleans that I'd been trying to dial out, never quite satisfied. FW 13 seems to have largely corrected that. Its a significant upgrade. UltraRes is the future. Thanks for such fanatical devotion to the AxeFX II platform.

THAT is not a small.... fix... The love of 12.04b just goes on. And brings even more to the table.

THANK YOU!!!!! Looking forward to this.

The included UltraRes OH cabs:

Yek, have you had a chance to sample these UltraRes Cabs? I first loaded FW13, then AxeEdit 3.0.4 (for Mac). I chose a preset with one cab and changed to Scratchpad. Selected UltraRes in the Cab block, I used CabLab (1.0.1), as I have done many times, to load the individual OH UltraRes samples into the Scratchpad….NOTHING!
Did I miss something?

Last edited:
Yek, have you had a chance to sample these UltraRes Cabs? I first loaded FW13, then AxeEdit 3.0.4 (for Mac). I chose a preset with one cab and changed to Scratchpad. Selected UltraRes in the Cab block, I used CabLab, as I have done many times, to load the individual OH UltraRes samples into the Scratchpad….NOTHING!
Did I miss something?

UltrRes is not supported by CabLab yet.
Use fractalbot.

That cab plays real nice with the Nitrous as well. Better tie up the wife before you try it though...
For a long time, I didn't quite like the V30 IR's. Now I cannot decide between the G12-65 and V30. I really love it now.
I think that the reason I didn't like (almost hate) that speaker is the lost bass content caused by low res IR's.
This firmware has blown me away.
Now I have to sleep...

I have had to restart my AFX2 a few times now - just been playing around in Axe-Edit - sampling with amps and cabs - I always go to preset 383 to start a new preset - then the display goes blank and the led's on the unit go through the start up sequence but the display doesn't come back and Axe-Edit stops communicating - restarting both the axe and Axe-Edit fixes it - but only for a while - not complaining - just tellin ya'll whats happening on my end - Cliff if you need or want more info on my setup let me know - glad to share if it helps

For those who want to know what constitutes the 10 'included' UltraRES IR's, made a primer of the naming convention (from the Ownhammer Site) :

OH_112_DLX_ALN-SLV_Studio-Modern
112 cab: 1x12 based on open backed Deluxe
ALN-SLV: Pre Rola’ Celestion Silver speaker
Studio-Modern: Custom Mix designed for use in a full studio mix

OH_112_DLX_FN-42_Studio-Modern
1x12 cab (same as above)
1977 Fane speaker

OH_112_DLX_J12-PR_SP
1x12 Cab
1964 Jensen C12N

OH_212_BOG-SH_FN-42_Studio-Modern
2x12 Shiver Cab
1977 Fane speakers

OH_412_MAR-CB_EV-S_Studio-Modern
4x12 based on Checkerboard Brit 1960B
Late 80’s Electro Voice EVM-12S

OH_412_MAR-CB_FN-42_Studio-Vintage
1977 Fane speaker
Studio-Vintage: Custom Mix designed for use in a full studio mix

OH_412_MAR-CB_H-PR-55_Studio-Modern
1969 Pre-Rola Celestion G12H 55hz cone

OH_412_MAR-CB_L-BB_RBN-121
1978 Celestion Black Back G12M
Royer 121 Mic

OH_412_MAR-CB_M-SB-75_Studio-Modern
Scumback M75

OH_412_MAR-CB_V30-CH_Studio-Modern
Chinese V30

For those who want to know what constitutes the 10 'included' UltraRES IR's, made a primer of the naming convention (from the Ownhammer Site) :

OH_112_DLX_ALN-SLV_Studio-Modern
112 cab: 1x12 based on open backed Deluxe
ALN-SLV: Pre Rola’ Celestion Silver speaker

Is there a simple way to cross-reference the OWNHAMMER ultrares cabs to the recommended cabs shown on the amp page in the WIKI? I don't really like auditioning all the cabs and it's much quicker to just use those recommended in the WIKI.

Haven't been able to play anything yet, but thanks to all you FAS guys for what I'm sure will be another fun update!

Back
Top Bottom