Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 13.02 Released

Another amazing update--sincerely grateful for your relentless pursuit of excellence...feel fortunate to be a Fractal customer....

You probably have the Proximity turned up. If you turn it all the way down it will be neutral (same as None).

I thought that the default value of the Proximity parameter was 5.0.
No?

In Axe Edit, if I double click on the Proximity virtual knob it jumps to 5.0 so I always assumed that was the neutral default.

Do I have that wrong, or is 0.0 the neutral default just with the new Null mic type?

FWIW
I like 5.0 being "neutral" (i.e. no proximity added or taken away) so I can lower it as another option for taming the bottom-end of some IRs.

You could take a 3rd party IR that was shot with a close mic technique and simulate less of the proximity effect by calling up the Null mic type and turning the Proximity *down* rather than up.

Or am I missing something?

Meanwhile I was about to ask for a Null mic type like this in the Wishlist.
Beat me to it.
Nice.

Even tough I like the new F.W. and the Axe-Manage. I really am not going to understand this. 1 month ago, a new pair of cab pack is being published. With the say of it will be expensive soon! Get it before it goes.

And I'm pretty sure of remembering, OH irs will be in UltraRes for whom those boughth the normal version.

Now for $99! What the? This isn't fair at all. Really.

Even tough I like the new F.W. and the Axe-Manage. I really am not going to understand this. 1 month ago, a new pair of cab pack is being published. With the say of it will be expensive soon! Get it before it goes.

And I'm pretty sure of remembering, OH irs will be in UltraRes for whom those boughth the normal version.

wat?

You would've had to buy CabLab anyways. OwnHammer only provides wave files. If you want UltraRes you need to either buy the UltraRes cabs from us or use CabLab to convert the wave files to UltraRes.

Thanks for all the new goodies Cliff!

Kind of odd complaining about the purchase of CabLab (about two beers at a pub), especially after dropping 2k + on the II.

Thanks for all the new goodies Cliff!

Kind of odd complaining about the purchase of CabLab (about two beers at a pub), especially after dropping 2k + on the II.

It doesn't end with the purchase of CabLab. You need to WORK HARD to get those UltraRes'. I don't have time for that.

And the Cab Pack 3, isn't about beers.

Sounds awesome Cliff. Thanks for all the hard work! Two notes:

1. Cab lab cannot handle every ultrares so I have to use Bot for some IR's
2. These ultrares cabs seem to have a hotter level so I find myself having to turn down the cab level so as not to clip

Otherwise sounds very full and great.

Honestly, Kevin is a super nice and pretty accommodating and he's turning out an absolutely killer product here with his OwnHammer IRs. He gives you the WAV files which are long enough to turn in to Ultra-Res IRs, which you will be able to do with the upcoming Cab-Lab release which costs $20.

$20.

Again?

$20.

So you need to put in $20 and some time to convert the IRs to experience them in them in all the glory that is Ultra-Res. That's not a hardship, not by a long shot.

One gig for even a mediocre, all-original, djenty-shoegaze-country-pop-metal band and you've got enough money to cover that cost.

It's beyond fair. It's the deal of the year.

Cab-Lab has a bulk conversion facility in it. Point it at a directory of WAV IRs, press go, walk way. You'll be in Ultra-Res land in no time. Total cost to you? Four fancy coffees.

Sounds awesome Cliff. Thanks for all the hard work! Two notes:

1. Cab lab cannot handle every ultrares so I have to use Bot for some IR's
2. These ultrares cabs seem to have a hotter level so I find myself having to turn down the cab level so as not to clip

Otherwise sounds very full and great.

1. CabLab doesn't currently support UltraRes. Use Axe-Edit or Fractal-Bot for now.
2. The level is the same but often times there will be a bass resonance that gets lost with normal IRs. This resonance can cause you to exceed the clipping threshold. If you look at my original post on the subject you'll see that bass resonance can be quite a few dB higher than a normal IR.

Thanks Cliff and team for your work. Been using 12.04b so I'm really looking forward to CabLab to produce Celesion Blue Ir's for Vox based system.

You have given more than we bargained for and it's absolutely wonderful in this era to have a company like FAS.

Last edited:
It doesn't end with the purchase of CabLab. You need to WORK HARD to get those UltraRes'. I don't have time for that.

And the Cab Pack 3, isn't about beers.

So how much would you pay for all of Cliff's Hard Work?

I find it amazing after all the updates and free goodies, that some folks can still find ways to complain about something...

As far as I'm concerned, CabLab is 2 beers and the hard work doesn't scare me, never has.

Honestly, Kevin is a super nice and pretty accommodating and he's turning out an absolutely killer product here with his OwnHammer IRs. He gives you the WAV files which are long enough to turn in to Ultra-Res IRs, which you will be able to do with the upcoming Cab-Lab release which costs $20.

Cab-Lab has a bulk conversion facility in it. Point it at a directory of WAV IRs, press go, walk way. You'll be in Ultra-Res land in no time. Total cost to you? Four fancy coffees.

Very cool it has a bulk convert. I thought I'd have to manually do each IR, which sounded like a huge PITA and which was frankly more of my concern than the cost of CabLab, which isn't much obviously.

Good job and thanks for the continued effort to all at FAS. You guys set the bar high and keep topping it…
I went and checked out some high end amps and guitars here in AUstin today (had the day off)… found a couple of guitars I'd love to own. Can't say the same for the amps...

Back
Top Bottom