Studio Report

I assume the IR's will be downloadable for us to use in the user slots and not replace ant of the stock cabs?

Sounds great though.

I assume the IR's will be downloadable for us to use in the user slots and not replace ant of the stock cabs?

I'd rather see some of the stock cabs replaced. I mean the unit has WAY too many stock 4x12 IRs right now, especially cabs with V30s. It would make more sense to have a large variety of different types of speakers and cabs rather than a handful of smaller sizes and than a boatload of 4x12s, many with the same speakers.

Instead offer the old stock cabs as downloadable IRs if somebody wants to use them.

I'd rather see some of the stock cabs replaced. I mean the unit has WAY too many stock 4x12 IRs right now, especially cabs with V30s. It would make more sense to have a large variety of different types of speakers and cabs rather than a handful of smaller sizes and than a boatload of 4x12s, many with the same speakers.

Instead offer the old stock cabs as downloadable IRs if somebody wants to use them.

I hear you, but it will be a real PIA if you have based key patches around a stock IR that gets replaced with something that doesn't suit. I only use about 4 different cab blocks across all 25 pests so if one of them went it would be a lot of work to change.

Unless AE 2 is going to give us full access to all the cab slots, factory and user, and have all the IR's held in AE, and you fill the banks with what you want.

Agree with Carky, looks like 10 will be awesome.

I hear you, but it will be a real PIA if you have based key patches around a stock IR that gets replaced with something that doesn't suit. I only use about 4 different cab blocks across all 25 pests so if one of them went it would be a lot of work to change.

Unless AE 2 is going to give us full access to all the cab slots, factory and user, and have all the IR's held in AE, and you fill the banks with what you want.

Or thinking about it mre, just leave the stocks as they are and have the option via AE to push all the new ir's to the user slots

Considering most firmware updates change the sound, sometimes drastically you would probably go over your patches anyway. In that case the only difference would be having to upload a few user IRs and changing the patches that had the old cabs. I'd rather see the new user start with the best IRs rather than having to figure out how to upload the new ones in.

Cliff is one of the ones shooting the IRs, Cliff is the main coder for the Axe-fx.
Also, we have 74+50 cabs right now.

256 cabs shot doesn't necessarily mean we will more than we have already in the Axe-fx. At least some of these will be going on Axe-edit and not in to firmware. They have not said if any will be factory cabs, I suspect some will be, but that is just a guess.

It seems like this would impact me like the Ultra once did. I will not speculate in how and when, and instead of kind of complaining about stuff we don`t know anything about, we should focus on the POSITIVE things:

WE ARE GETTING FW10
WE ARE GETTING NEW IR`S
WE ARE GETTING AXE-EDIT 2.0

WE ARE GETTING THIS FOR FREE!!!!!

Thanks for the update Cliff!!

Last edited:
Cliff and team thank you for always delivering the most stellar updates for the most stellar guitar related product. Your dedication and commitment is one of a kind,on the other hand be safe guys.

I seems like this would impact me like the Ultra once did. I will not speculate in how and when, and instead of kind of complaining about stuff we don`t know anything about, we should focus on the POSITIVE things:

WE ARE GETTING FW10
WE ARE GETTING NEW IR`S

i just started realizing that, even if it takes lots of patience, it's worth waiting!

I seems like this would impact me like the Ultra once did. I will not speculate in how and when, and instead of kind of complaining about stuff we don`t know anything about, we should focus on the POSITIVE things:

WE ARE GETTING FW10
WE ARE GETTING NEW IR`S

Yeah, agreed

I don't remember which thread it was exactly, but I remember Cliff posting something along the lines of 'There is room for lots more IRs on the AxeII than what's in use atm', so chances are they will extend on the 74 stock slots that are already there :)

Edit: Found the post :)

One of my primary goals for next year is to build up a library of pro-quality IRs. We are reserving studio time to capture as many cabs as we can. This will include classic amps (i.e Fender Champ) as well as separate cabinets.

I can't overemphasize the importance of IRs. The amp modeling is down to the point that it is so close to the real amps that it doesn't matter anymore. It's all about the IR.

The Axe-Fx II was designed with a lot of extra storage space for factory IRs and I would like to take advantage of that soon.

Last edited:
It seems like this would impact me like the Ultra once did. I will not speculate in how and when, and instead of kind of complaining about stuff we don`t know anything about, we should focus on the POSITIVE things:

WE ARE GETTING FW10
WE ARE GETTING NEW IR`S

My thoughts exactly

WE ARE GETTING FW10
WE ARE GETTING NEW IR`S

I'm not very good in English but if i remember correctly school, even beeing a poor language concerning expression of time (;)), i thought English could express the future ^^

Not sure why I thought Fractal would be out in Cali. I didnt realize they were east coasters! Thats pretty awesome! I like buying local haha!

Back
Top Bottom