FracTool - for power users only

Yes, waiting for the fm3 release...
Great! Thank you! That means that we will have it very SOON!! :D
Getting Close Tv Show GIF by Happy Place
Be Patient Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Last edited:
Absolutely loving having Fractool back. Just donated what little I could at present. As far as converting II XL and II XL+ presets (both ways), is there any real difference between using Fractool or Fractal-Bot? I was expecting an error using Fractal-Bot, but it seemed to work. Just wondering if there are any caveats.

Absolutely loving having Fractool back. Just donated what little I could at present. As far as converting II XL and II XL+ presets (both ways), is there any real difference between using Fractool or Fractal-Bot? I was expecting an error using Fractal-Bot, but it seemed to work. Just wondering if there are any caveats.
If fractalbot supports it, then maybe prefer it, i don't know if there are differences

If fractalbot supports it, then maybe prefer it, i don't know if there are differences
Since I don't remember ever reading that Fractal- Bot explicitly supports it, I might stick with Fractool. It has more comprehensive conversion capabilities. I also prefer the way it amends the file names.

How is the Cathode Time Constant Amp parameter named in the Fractool Amp parameter list. I have a hard time finding it. Thanks Alex.

Thanks a lot ! I also have those in Fractool with no idea of the corresponding Parameters in the Axe-FX III :
DriveType
Presence Shift
Pre Comp Type
Resolution
Headroom
WsLPF
I guess these are not existing anymore in 25.00

I've been having some issues with Fractool lately on a Windows 11 machine. When it works it works When it starts up, occasionally it just hangs immediately and doesn't even get through the version check. When it hangs, it won't close. Even with task manager, it won't stop it. Then causes a BSOD when I try to reboot. Tried uninstalling and re-installing then it will still do the same thing. Today, it caused issues with my Audient ID44 where I had to re-install my audio driver. Im assuming that was related to the Bsod. It's the only error I get on this machine so I'm just throwing it out there in case someone else is having the same issue. I have it running on another machine with no issue. It started happening recently around 3.80. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot if there is log file or a debug version.

Last edited:
as you can see the usual log window is blank that normally shows the version check and the connectivity to the device:

1713362187743.png
I have tried on both versions of the AX3 USB driver.

1713362266391.png

1713362243104.png

All in all, I'm not sure what is happening since there are no log files that I can find. It could be a case where the software is making a USB call to the AXEFX and it's not responding. Regardless the way that the process won't stop is more concerning.

as you can see the usual log window is blank that normally shows the version check and the connectivity to the device:

View attachment 138888
I have tried on both versions of the AX3 USB driver.

View attachment 138890

View attachment 138889

All in all, I'm not sure what is happening since there are no log files that I can find. It could be a case where the software is making a USB call to the AXEFX and it's not responding. Regardless the way that the process won't stop is more concerning.
I won't be able to debug anything on this, use another os/pc... I don't have a windows11 machine

Back
Top Bottom