Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Release

Gapless? No, but it's pretty damn good with firmware 22. I measure a gap of around 20-40 msec, which IIRC is down from about 30-50 msec previously.

Have you measured the gap between Multiplexer switches, or damping adjusted Scene Controller adjustments? 40ms would be something you could feel more, I'd think. I just couldn't hear it.

Given the behaviour of a typical MV, why do they behave that way?
Do you think it's an oversight in design?
It just makes no sense to have a control that goes to 10 that flubs out at 3.
They do it to make the volume jump up quickly in the music store. “Look how loud this amp is at 3! It must really be powerful!” The other amps have to do it, too, because if they don’t, they sound “weak.” Even the sales staff gets into the act, hyping all that volume at low settings.

Back at home, you hear things like, “I’ve never had this amp above 4. I’d be afraid to play it that loud!,” when in fact, it won’t get much louder, even if you crank it to 11.

The whole MV thing is confusing.
In a lot of amps, it either seems to distort early or you need to turn it up to an ear splitting volume before the 'sound' kicks in, like a Soldano.
The sound “kicks in” when you start pushing the power amp into saturation. That only happens when you’re close to maximum volume.

Last edited:
Am I missing it? I can't get the new firmware update prompts when I open fractalbot and I don't see it on the DL page on the website?

Back
Top Bottom