Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Release

As a audio engineer with 30 years experience , I always us 4 Speakers setups ( in an analog world: a 4 microphone setup ).
One center speaker upfront mono, one for ambiance mono, and a stereo pair of speakers for the roomsound. It took a few month to checked out a balanced setup of 4 speakers to make them sound like an analog setup in the past. And now, with FW 22, the cab setup looks exactly the same like before the update. But you can hear the differce ( and see the levels on my analog mixer in my studio ) - the presets are louder. All the level controls do show the chosen volume in the individual preset - but all the volumes are at 100% in reality. This never happend before. It is clearly a bug.

I just saw a video by Leon Todd using the Revv Green Channel on the FM3, but I don't see it on the amp list on the AxeFx 3. What am I missing?

I just saw a video by Leon Todd using the Revv Green Channel on the FM3, but I don't see it on the amp list on the AxeFx 3. What am I missing?
literally just came here from watching that video lol. Based on the release notes it looks like the green channels were not added at first for 22.00, so that just means we probably have the green channels coming our way very soon!

After installing Firmware 22 on my AXE FX III, the individual Speaker Volumes don´t work anymore - that means every Speaker is always on 100 % Volume. You can "virtually" turn the volumes down with the recent Editor 1.13.02 - with no effect. And ist is the same with Legacy or DynCabs. Any ideas ?
It's working ok here. Maybe try Refresh After New Firmware in the editor? Also, remember, in spite of the labels on those controls in the cab block, they are not level controls.

Working normally for me too. Like others have said, the cab level controls are relative, not absolute. The overall mix level is kept constant and controlled with the block level control. All of the cabs set to -40 dB will sound exactly the same as all of the cabs set to 0 dB. It's the difference between their settings that matters. If you hard pan the cabs you can better hear the relative level changes when they are individually adjusted.

Last edited:
As a audio engineer with 30 years experience , I always us 4 Speakers setups ( in an analog world: a 4 microphone setup ).
One center speaker upfront mono, one for ambiance mono, and a stereo pair of speakers for the roomsound. It took a few month to checked out a balanced setup of 4 speakers to make them sound like an analog setup in the past. And now, with FW 22, the cab setup looks exactly the same like before the update. But you can hear the differce ( and see the levels on my analog mixer in my studio ) - the presets are louder. All the level controls do show the chosen volume in the individual preset - but all the volumes are at 100% in reality. This never happend before. It is clearly a bug.

Not going to change. Read this.

I already tried it - with no effect. Even if you turn one of the speakers to zero, it is still on 100 %
We're presuming you're referring to the 'Level' parameter of each individual IR slot in the Cab block. As has been mentioned, when using more than one IR, this parameter acts like a 'Blend', not a true volume. If only one IR is selected, the Level parameter will have no effect. If all of the active IRs Level parameters are set to the same value, the sound will be the same as if they were all set to zero (0.0 dB)

Here's the explanation of the IR slot Level parameter from the Fractal Audio Blocks Guide:

Level – It is crucial to understand how Level controls work in the Cab block. Unlike direct volume controls, they
make relative adjustments when multiple IRs are loaded. The resulting mix is then normalized to optimal level –
as loud as it can be without distorting.

With ONE IR loaded, Level has no effect!

With TWO or more IRs loaded, level changes the blend but not the overall level.

Lower those IRs that you want quieter in the mix.
To adjust the overall level, use the master Level control on the Mix page of the Cab block. Also keep in mind that
because of their frequency contents, some cabs may be perceived as louder or quieter than others.

TEST:

To determine if you are in fact experiencing an issue with your unit, configure your cab block as shown in the photo below. The IRs aren't critical, the key for this test is to have the IRs panned hard L/R.

1688057443254.png

Turn the Level parameter of CAB 1 slot all the way down (-40.0 dB) and play a chord or note. You should only have sound coming from your right speaker/headphone. Reset the CAB 1 Level parameter to -2.50 or zero (0.0 dB) and turn the Level parameter of CAB 2 slot all the way down (-40 dB). Now the sound should be coming from the left speaker/headphone. Now set both CAB 1 and CAB 2 Level parameters to -40.0 dB and you should now hear both speakers/headphones again.

Can the microphone position be freely modified via a modifier?
Not as far as I know at this time. In order to be able to assign a modifier, I think you need to have that little orange circle next to it, otherwise you can not assign a modifier and none of the Dyna-Cab settings I see have that circle (except the stuff all the way on the right which is independent of dyna/legacy).

Back
Top Bottom