Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Release

Don't forget to try the Buttery amp model, its amazing for a clean.

I used the 4x12 1960TV and the 4x12 SLO 100 with it, both with condensers with no other adjustments to the cabs at all. Chorus reverb (stock) and a 375ms Stereo Delay way back in the mix. I can stay on this for hours, the new Dynacabs is an absolute winner.

This has been a long time coming and a feature request for at least a couple years now. FAS is late to the game but they also implemented this very well into their ecosystem. It’s the Apple approach. Let the others develop it, then make it right and do it better.
Absolutely agree.
But, I must say, at the moment I just can't think of anything else the Axe could implement [having played with the latest stuff on the PC] apart from being able to move the virtual mic about.
Simulating a studio? Nope, we already have studio reverbs, the preamps in the Cab block and those IRs [can't remember if they're called room or far-field], which Cliff rather generously allowed even owners of the Mark 1 to be able to use.
The only possible thing I could think of would maybe be to build your own amp from scratch.
I think some people would love this, but I'd rather just play guitar, I'm happy with what's there, don't want to design my own amp, the GoatHeadHeavyBreatherEarMolester3000, BigIronFingerailsscrapingtheblackboardScreamer, or the SuperSoapCleanBellToneSchlinky or whatever, haha.

Ok, finally updated to Dyna-cab. I waited for the official release on this one. This might be a stupid question but can you have one Dyna cab and one legacy cab in a preset?

The REVV is my new amp! It's great and what an investment this Fractal world is!!!
The Revv amp is great, but it is kinda boomy at the low end to my ear, even when I turn the master volume down to 1.5, am I doing something wrong here? I have never experienced this on other amps in the FX3. Appreciate that if any buddy in the forum could enlighten me, thanks

The Revv amp is great, but it is kinda boomy at the low end to my ear, even when I turn the master volume down to 1.5, am I doing something wrong here? I have never experienced this on other amps in the FX3. Appreciate that if any buddy in the forum could enlighten me, thanks
Low cut can fix that problem with any amp or cab. If you are using dyna-cabs, try moving the mic farther from the speaker.

real amp is kinda boomy and tight at the same time. low cut in the preamp is an easy fix.

Low bass higher depth or vice versa. I noticed it immediately too.

Treat it like a Recto, don't be afraid to cut the bass. If you're using legacy IRs, the 5153 SIC is great for taming the low end.

I began digging the Archean again as well as the Revv, with the Recto Slant dynacab. Both amps are killer.

Back
Top Bottom