Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.00

(cough)
and here is the test .

1/ rolled back in 18.03 , does quickly a jvm and recto preset .
2/ update to 19 , dont touch anything , same guitar, same place , same hour ...
3/ I volontary remove my hands from the neck to see what happens .
4/ I got real feedbacks in 19 that prove the big difference in term of gain .
5/ more gain more noise
6/ i dont know what i should cook for lunch
7/ cool my covid test is now negative but still sick a little
8/ sorry for the rough thing globally, but it proves what i felt . The sound has changed and is way more pushed than before , so you tweak you input gate,remove some gain or both .
9/ for those who wants real feedback with an axe, dont buy digitech, just ask me hahahaha
10/ the video is private .

Last edited:
one super cool thing you can do with dual amp setups is put a higher kvb (softer clip) tube on the cleaner amp and the jj equivalent on the dirty one

here's a lonestar dual amp preset i've been tweaking for bass for the past few hours. it translates to guitar very well if you swap the impedance curve and IR to taste. the clean amp uses 6CA7 AMP while the dirty one uses 6CA7 JJ. amp 1 has a triple crown on channel b with a 6CA7 JJ as well if you're looking for a grungier flavor of dirt. have fun 🤘🌸

Attachments

• dual lonestar for bass.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 17
Will this make it over to the Fm3?
It's customary for such amp block advancements to be ported (and this is a major one, which is also more cpu efficient apparently). Wouldn't imagine they'd not include the tube choices. It may take a while (seems like we now go axe fx 3 -- to fm9 -- to fm3) but I'd expect these options eventually, sure.

(cough)
and here is the test .

5/ more gain more noise
8/ sorry for the rough thing globally, but it proves what i felt . The sound has changed and is way more pushed than before , so you tweak you input gate,remove some gain or both .
9/ for those who wants real feedback with an axe, dont buy digitech, just ask me hahahaha

For years people have been complaining about feedback being hard to get and sounding unnatural with modelers. Now you get it for free with an update and you're complaining?! People these days... ;)

(cough)
and here is the test .

5/ more gain more noise

Now that's funny. Soundwise I prefer fatter tones, so I'd eq them like your 18.03 sounds. Though they don't sound that real to me, more so like direct recordings.
Your 19.00 sound thinner and I'd tweak them fatter. But hey, that sounds like someone is playing a real amp that got mic'ed, not like a direct recording.
Funny stuff.

(cough)
and here is the test .

5/ more gain more noise

It is called Chase Nonlinear Feedback (CNFB), not for nothing ...

(cough)
and here is the test .

5/ more gain more noise

No measured difference in gain or noise between 18.03 and 19.00 here on the JVM models.

I would check your global settings. Perhaps your A/D Input Levels or Input 1 Gain got changed. Or maybe there's a compressor in your preset that's acting differently between versions.

Whatever you are experiencing is explainable, we just have to figure it out. Post your preset and and a system dump and I will take a look at it.

The sound himself is random in the video, I ve turn 2 buttons just to have a “high gain sound” the thing that matter here is to see what does the firmware to a 18.03 preset without touching nothing . I f I remember I don’t even touch the eq button in the recto , just pump up the gain , levelled … but yeah I think the difference is pretty clear here between both firmware. The 19 is angry 🤟🏻😅

@FractalAudio have the bad habit to always dump things once it s done but with luck the marshall preset still there . so here is the 18.03 marshall preset of the video . the mesa one is erased . I dont use compressors

Attachments

• test jvm satriani 18 .03.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I've been meaning to ask if I'm the only one who often treats presets like one night stands
thats not the case for the one I use, but when I do a test, even a youtube video etc, I erase all the files in my computer to save space with useless things , it s already a big mess of files . If I let all my things in my computer... 🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️

Doing this this morning gives me my answer, thats why I erase. so if the logic is that normally there is no sound change between 18.03 and 19.00 i understand that fractal want to see more .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom