Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don’t know where is the new speaker compression, I usually don’t touch these settings but I am interested for this new feature . Is it something already included by default ? a specific knob ? If someone can take 2 minutes to enlighten me...
I think the confusion is that we're all referring to it as speaker compression, but in the unit and on AxeEdit it's called Speaker Dynamics. You can find it on the Speaker Drive page of the Amp Block (as @Smittefar was saying) in AxeEdit, or on the Dynamics page of the Amp Block on the unit itself. Enjoy the new algorithm! I know for me it was that last push of realism.

I agree with the previous posts that something changed in the Friedman BE models. My main sound usually includes the BE V2 model with several 4x12 TV Greenback IRs. I can also hear a bit of fuzz and it’s not that „spongy“ anymore when it comes to the pick attack. Fortunately the Friedman Small Box model compensates this as it is a great alternative. It has the desired pick attack feeling and distortion characteristic for me, which I had previously in the BE model.
How much different is the circuit of the Small Box compared to the BE? The gain stages should be quite similar. From the Friedman circuits I‘ve seen, most of the tweaks are on the cathode resistors and caps and voltage dividers between the 1st and 2nd stage, anode bypass caps and on the cathode follower.

I agree with the previous posts that something changed in the Friedman BE models. My main sound usually includes the BE V2 model with several 4x12 TV Greenback IRs. I can also hear a bit of fuzz and it’s not that „spongy“ anymore when it comes to the pick attack. Fortunately the Friedman Small Box model compensates this as it is a great alternative. It has the desired pick attack feeling and distortion characteristic for me, which I had previously in the BE model.
How much different is the circuit of the Small Box compared to the BE? The gain stages should be quite similar. From the Friedman circuits I‘ve seen, most of the tweaks are on the cathode resistors and caps and voltage dividers between the 1st and 2nd stage, anode bypass caps and on the cathode follower.
be 100 vs smallbox be channel are essentially the same.

the difference is the be is scooped in mids compared to smallbox.

smallbox with mids at 5 (12 o’clock) are the same as be100 with mids on 7 (2 o’clock).

if you want your BE to feel like smallbox, you should reduce response knob on BE to 2 (9 o’clock).

other than that, they are the same.

Stay patient. It will be worth the wait 🙂
Christ most of us get ear fatigue playing one amp for several hours. Can you imagine the stress of checking 256 amps or whatever the number is now. Sounds like a monumental task to me. Mad props to Cliff on that front alone.
Absolutely guys. No denying that. I agree. It's just excitement of anticipation , knowing it's coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom