Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Cliff, maybe I'm wrong but there is also somehing weird when engaging the Sat Switch (sounds more like engaging a fuzz than more saturation)
I had the Friedman BE 100 Deluxe and it was easy to dial in a Friedman JJ Sound with engaging the sat switch.
Sat switch is working properly.

Poorly played random Metallica licks between a Mark III and the Cygnus C+ Bright Deep model.

Honesty I forgot which is which.

Using a Bogner Uberkab. It's an Apogee mic into GarageBand. Mic did not move between the clips.

The first one is the amp, the second video is the axe 🦤

I have dial the tone in my video with the V3 in 15 minutes and it’s ultra tight as you can hear . So I still don’t understand where the problem is 😅
There's a problem, HBE models seems to have a bad Fuzz with it, the lows are not tight, seems like if you play the models without IR, but in the Lows end. Just play a HBE in 15.1 and you will understand.... Totally unusable.

Clip below is HBE V3 at stock settings then with the input EQ low cut at 500hz.

You can hear the "fuzzy lows" in the first clip. The second clip lines up more with what I'm used to with that amp model. Feels really good too.

The Smallbox rips on this FW too.

Totally this Leon, and with the HBEv2 model, the "Fuzzy Lows" are even more prominent

There's a problem, HBE models seems to have a bad Fuzz with it, the lows are not tight, seems like if you play the models without IR, but in the Lows end. Just play a HBE in 15.1 and you will understand.... Totally unusable.
Ha ! ok. I am playing the BE V3

I owned be50 deluxe and be100 deluxe... about those v1, v2, v3 positions ...

in real amp v1 is the middle position - brightest top end.

v3 should be the darkest position.

these positions on real amp does nothing to low end, it always stays the same, it just cuts the top end.

v1 - no top end cut
v2 - darker
v3 - even darker top end

Thanks Cliff, maybe I'm wrong but there is also somehing weird when engaging the Sat Switch (sounds more like engaging a fuzz than more saturation)
I had the Friedman BE 100 Deluxe and it was easy to dial in a Friedman JJ Sound with engaging the sat switch.
Now I am wondering if the JJ
might have a different depth freq
than normal BE as his amp seems to have more punch in the lows
but is still fairly tight
maybe combo of different depth but more negetive feedback

Some of ya'lls ability to recognize the tiniest discrepancies amazes me. I did personally test the BE 100 out recently as well and played what I believe to have been a G chord (maybe not, an investigation is still underway) and without a doubt I found it made what most classically trained audiologists would arguably agree was sound. Although I've noticed in some cases when the volume is set anywhere from 0 to reasonably below (for the sake of consistency let's say a variable of between -10 and -15), I do have trouble recognizing the low end, and the high end, sometimes all ends.

I think that's right. Curious how you guessed?

I've been struggling to avoid a slightly muffled sound from the Fractal but I was hoping to have that figured out.
Well it sounds like the second one has a noise gate on it when the feedback tries to bloom.

I think that was me just rolling down the guitar's volume while reaching to turn off the recording. I avoid noise gates whenever at all possible.
Hmmm, even in other places it seem like the feedback it being choked a bit on the second half. But it could be you were just turn a different direction from the cab. The first half seems to have more interaction with your guitar.

The gate in the input block is off right?

Hmmm, even in other places it seem like the feedback it being choked a bit on the second half. But it could be you were just turn a different direction from the cab. The first half seems to have more interaction with your guitar.

The gate in the input block is off right?
Probably me turning away from the cab to avoid feedback. Thanks for listening! Really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom