Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Was holding out for the official release but folded a few days ago and got onto the Beta bandwagon. Downloaded Cygnus Beta 11 this morning and see some funny things are happening in axe edit...the amp names don’t appear to be matching with the selected amps? My beloved IIC++ is being called a Friedman BE V1 C45. The amp itself is all IIC++ just the name is not correct. Happening if I select other amp blocks as well. Anyone else have this issue? I have updated Axe Edit...

I usually skip the betas and wait until the official release but I went ahead and downloaded this beta version. It’s a noticeable improvement. I haven’t even tweaked my go to presets because they sound so good as is.
Those on the fence should try it.
Couldn’t agree more Fro68! Just like you I was holding out till the weekend just been. It’s SO good! Harmonics, chug, dynamics all really noticeable in a great way. I have helix in stomp form as well and I have to say Cygnus is IT.

Hey guys. Was holding out for the official release but folded a few days ago and got onto the Beta bandwagon. Downloaded Cygnus Beta 11 this morning and see some funny things are happening in axe edit...the amp names don’t appear to be matching with the selected amps? My beloved IIC++ is being called a Friedman BE V1 C45. The amp itself is all IIC++ just the name is not correct. Happening if I select other amp blocks as well. Anyone else have this issue? I have updated Axe Edit...
In Axe-Edit Settings > Refresh after New FW

One 'simpler' option would be to add a search filter to the forum that can pull out all posts with a .syx attachment. Thus a "Search thread" tab with checkbox of "Has attachment/link" and an extension drop-down: , .syx, *.blk, axechange, image (.jpg,.gif...) , youtube, soundcloud, ....

Of course for syx files, one wouldn't automatically be able to tell if it is a preset, IR, bank or firmware, but something like this could go a long way. An additional min/max size filter might be able to filter closer (e.g. if AF3 presets are around 50 KB).

An additionally there could be a stickied AF3 thread (e.g. "All Posted Presets", "All Posted Blocks") that is an auto-search of *.syx & *.blk posts within all AF3 sub-forums/threads by most recent date.

EDIT: Apologies for OT. For continuing discussion see: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...th-attachments-e-g-presets-and-blocks.171535/
Maybe it's time for AxeEdit and fbot to name file extensions? :)
.preset,.cab, etc with better chosen names?

Sounds good - It just shows that when it comes to IRs, it does not matter too much, where the IR came from. If the IR is healthy, you can dial pretty much anything with it.

Real amp only has Gain. Input Drive is fixed.
There is not problem in "Authentic" view of AMP Block.
There is missing "Gain" knob in "Ideal" view of AMP block. It's matter of UX of Axe Edit. When you are in "Ideal" view, there should be all "Authentic" controls visible ... then it's not necessary to switch to Authentic view, when you want change only "Gain" (in this case). I found this issue in next AMPs:
  • USA JPII C+ Red,
  • USA JPII C+ Red Shred,
  • USA JPII C+ Yellow,
  • USA JPII C+ Yellow Shred.
For better understanding:
MissingGainKnob.jpg

And also in Axe FX itself (hardware screen) is Gain missing in Advanced TAB:
GainToneTab.jpgGainAdvTab.jpg

Well done on the shred modes of the JP2C. I no longer have the physical amp here to compare but it sure sounds good.
As for the speaker compression, could this be called the amount of fart by a layman like myself? Dialing in very little does add a little character but more than that it sounds like a speaker flubbing out. Yea it’s what speakers do, but in 30+ years of playing this has always been a sound I corrected so it wouldn’t do that anymore. Am I missing something??

Well done on the shred modes of the JP2C. I no longer have the physical amp here to compare but it sure sounds good.
As for the speaker compression, could this be called the amount of fart by a layman like myself? Dialing in very little does add a little character but more than that it sounds like a speaker flubbing out. Yea it’s what speakers do, but in 30+ years of playing this has always been a sound I corrected so it wouldn’t do that anymore. Am I missing something??

My thoughts exactly...especially for hi gain sounds, for crunch and edge of breakup though, I like a little bit of speaker flubb, it adds that missing character IMHO.

There is not problem in "Authentic" view of AMP Block.
There is missing "Gain" knob in "Ideal" view of AMP block. It's matter of UX of Axe Edit. When you are in "Ideal" view, there should be all "Authentic" controls visible ... then it's not necessary to switch to Authentic view, when you want change only "Gain" (in this case). I found this issue in next AMPs:
  • USA JPII C+ Red,
  • USA JPII C+ Red Shred,
  • USA JPII C+ Yellow,
  • USA JPII C+ Yellow Shred.
For better understanding:
View attachment 80803

And also in Axe FX itself (hardware screen) is Gain missing in Advanced TAB:
View attachment 80806View attachment 80807

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...us-firmware-public-beta-8.171486/post-2067748

My thoughts exactly...especially for hi gain sounds, for crunch and edge of breakup though, I like a little bit of speaker flubb, it adds that missing character IMHO.
Yea man. Just checked it out with the Jp2c. Anything more than a hair sounds like the speaker cab is resonating in a bad way. I’ll check it out on some lower gain stuff, maybe dialing in a bit more has some more use that way.

That little 1x4 Pig IR gets a lot of action just by being the first in an alphabetical set. If I remember correctly, we were done with the Cab Pack session, and said, "Hey let's do that Pig Nose too." I held the mic in my hand instead of using a stand. Cliff was in the control room and just said, "Yeah!" and did the sweep every time it sounded good.

The first IR sounds good too, not tiny buzz like you one would expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom