Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
These updates just make me want to play. Best compliment I can possibly give. Last time I camped on a BE and 5150 setting playing the heavies. This time I went for near-cleans using the 1959SLP with the gains low and single coils. No temptation to tweak or even to leave the amp model I was on. Well done!

Looking forward to this coming to the FM-3. I'll buy one of those too in that case. :)

Looking forward to this coming to the FM-3. I'll buy one of those too in that case. :)
I started with the FM3, but the waitlist!... so I added my name to the AF3 list and ended up with both. I'd already had an AX8 so I knew the capability, and decided both the FM3 and AF3 had a place in my life.

The FM3 + FC6 + OMG9 is a great combination for a compact system. Now, having them both, and knowing they can sound the same (within the limitations of the FM3), makes me very happy.

The AF3 is always next to me and I build presets on it, then push them to the FM3, and they just work and sound right. That's SOOOooo cool. :)

Excuse my ignorance here, but can anyone help explain what I should be listening for as I dial in the speaker compression and speaker time constant?

If anyone can accurately explain that with words, we will nominate him for the Literature Awards

hqdefault.jpg

It's found in the Speaker tab of the Amp block in the hardware. Axe-Edit will need an update to show it there in the UI - I imagine it will be coming shortly as Michael Pickens rocks.
You do my friend ;)
Recordings please!! I’m still sitting with my Axe-II thinking about upgrading, convince me! ;)
Here ya go :

Apologies for my usual silly playing ;) But that thing is just inspiring. Sounds massive here, even at low volume

Btw, the video also shows a small bug with the JP2C model, with Input Drive only visible in the "Ideal" tab, and Gain only in the "Authentic" tab. Not a big deal, I know that it will be fixed in next version of Axe-Edit (I refreshed after the firmware update, two times)

I assume you're referring to the new JP2C shred models. That just means that the new models are not updated in Axe Edit yet.

Excuse my ignorance here, but can anyone help explain what I should be listening for as I dial in the speaker compression and speaker time constant?

What sounds good to you is the short answer, but I guess its functional answer when you sweep the pot from min to max (in layman terms) is somehow taboo to talk about other than stating how good it sounds? Is one direction more treble, or bass, mids perhaps? Smoother versus gritty? Tight versus farty? I don't know either... I guess we should just "try it" and use our ears and "wing-it" lol :cool:

You do my friend ;)

Here ya go :

Apologies for my usual silly playing ;) But that thing is just inspiring. Sounds massive here, even at low volume

Btw, the video also shows a small bug with the JP2C model, with Input Drive only visible in the "Ideal" tab, and Gain only in the "Authentic" tab. Not a big deal, I know that it will be fixed in next version of Axe-Edit (I refreshed after the firmware update, two times)

That sounds huge...

...any chance you'd share that preset? The solo tone is ridiculous...

You do my friend ;)

Here ya go :

Real amp only has Gain. Input Drive is fixed.

Sup? ;)

Man,, I'm having fun with the JP IIC+ Yellow Shred. I haven't even played with anything else ,I've been in and out all day and keep sitting down and chuggin on this JP. It's not really my normal thing, and a little sloppy,( I tend to play like 2 guitarists as it suits my split personality...lol) this might not translate to other rigs,,,but DAMN,,, I've got speaker comp up to 5.24 and the Speaker time to 3672.2 and the KNOCK in the room when it hits a certain way,,is so fuckin real.

MOSHON
DAVE

This sounds really good, I like many things about it and it definitively displays amp qualities I’m always looking for. Kerrang! I also like the note blending in the ringing parts like the outro after 1:15.
What was the guitar used, and is there more then one layer? The motif sounds doubled but I’m wondering about other layers.

I noticed that, with the output mode set to "SS pwr amp + Cab", turning speaker dynamics clockwise actually increases the output level as opposed to the FRFR setting.
Is that to counteract the excessive speaker compression that a solid state amp produces in comparison with a tube amp?

(as far as I understand thermal compression is caused by the impedance rising as the temperature of the coil rises, but a tube amp increases its output voltage as soon as it "sees" a higher load and that partially counteracts the compression. A SS amp, on the other hand, always puts out the same voltage and if the load becomes greater the output power decreases)

I noticed that, with the output mode set to "SS pwr amp + Cab", turning speaker dynamics clockwise actually increases the output level as opposed to the FRFR setting.
Is that to counteract the excessive speaker compression that a solid state amp produces in comparison with a tube amp?

(as far as I understand thermal compression is caused by the impedance rising as the temperature of the coil rises, but a tube amp increases its output voltage as soon as it "sees" a higher load and that partially counteracts the compression. A SS amp, on the other hand, always puts out the same voltage and if the load becomes greater the output power decreases)
Yes.

Sup? ;)

Man,, I'm having fun with the JP IIC+ Yellow Shred. I haven't even played with anything else ,I've been in and out all day and keep sitting down and chuggin on this JP. It's not really my normal thing, and a little sloppy,( I tend to play like 2 guitarists as it suits my split personality...lol) this might not translate to other rigs,,,but DAMN,,, I've got speaker comp up to 5.24 and the Speaker time to 3672.2 and the KNOCK in the room when it hits a certain way,,is so fuckin real.

MOSHON
DAVE

Outstanding! I could track an entire album with that tone and be completely satisfied with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom