Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 2.05

I just grabbed by accident the Dirty Shirley Preset 061 and started to play. Went to the cab block and noticed that two cabinets were being used split left and right. I then checked the alignment between the cabs and they were offset from each other. Quickly realigned the cabs and it is like clouds parted and the sun came out after a rain storm. OK.... that's just a bit hyperbolic but not by much. Really brilliant addition along with the other goodies in the firmware. Fractal for life.

Dude, I have to chime in and say I just did exactly as you described, with the Dirty Shirley Preset (061) and just damn! Instant and unequivocal stellar improvement! Glad you mentioned that one. I made a copy of the same preset and changed the alignment in one, so I could toggle back and forth, making the assessment easier for me. Awesome!

Dude, I have to chime in and say I just did exactly as you described, with the Dirty Shirley Preset (061) and just damn! Instant and unequivocal stellar improvement! Glad you mentioned that one. I made a copy of the same preset and changed the alignment in one, so I could toggle back and forth, making the assessment easier for me. Awesome!

It was really surprising to me as well. I am sure someone with some more technical experience with this sort of thing can explain what is happening better but seems like there was some cancellation of some frequencies. The clarity was very apparent when they were aligned properly.

@fremen perhaps this what you're looking for my friend...

ttps://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-2-05-public-beta.146211/page-2

From yek Post #22

"A few notes:

Compressor Threshold:

After upgrading this is set to -60 in Compressor blocks in existing presets which are set to a type that didn't have a Threshold parameter before. Default value when resetting the block is -40. So check your presets."
Thanks ! I don't know why I couldn't find this thread :)

It was really surprising to me as well. I am sure someone with some more technical experience with this sort of thing can explain what is happening better but seems like there was some cancellation of some frequencies. The clarity was very apparent when they were aligned properly.
Exactly. There is cancellation at high frequencies. Notches are created in the spectrum. To see the effect use the same IR in two slots and offset one slightly. Use the Synth block to generate pink noise and view the results using the RTA.

Exactly. There is cancellation at high frequencies. Notches are created in the spectrum. To see the effect use the same IR in two slots and offset one slightly. Use the Synth block to generate pink noise and view the results using the RTA.

You know you're making us too smart? :) and tone connoisseur's in the process :)

Oh yes! Fuck yes!! This is what we need!

One question though. If it will be modeled, which I hope, and believe since you mentioned it, will it be available for the Axe-Fx II as well?
This thread is a year old and the Axe FX III is now up to firmware version 11.

This thread is a year old and the Axe FX III is now up to firmware version 11.

I know, but as far as I know (I’ve only been a Fractal user for a week though so I might be missing something) all the new amp models that has been released since the Axe-Fx III was released has been added to the Axe II as well.

Back
Top Bottom