Axe-Fx III Firmware 2.05 Public Beta

Very cool.

A few notes:

Compressor Threshold:
After upgrading this is set to -60 in Compressor blocks in existing presets which are set to a type that didn't have a Threshold parameter before. Default value when resetting the block is -40. So check your presets.

resetting Drive GEQ when changing Drive type:
this doesn't seem to work yet.

The IR align feature is so very handy; however when I load up some IR's I made yesterday with the III and Cab-Lab (exported them as files to my computer then loaded them in with Cab-Lab again) it only shows a flat line no matter where the distance is. The cab sounds fine though. Other IR's I've made show up fine.

I think is normal behaviour, those IRs you captured yesterday with prior firmware are IRs that have been minimum-phase processed by default so they are aligned already:
Added Processing parameter to IR Capture Utility. This selects between “Minimum-Phase” which transforms the IR into a minimum-phase version, “Auto-Trim” which removes the leading silence, and “None” which applies no processing at all. Note: prior firmware always used minimum-phase processing.

If you capture IRs with the new firmware you have the option of non-minimum-phase processing, this means you obtain raw IRs with all the phase data that are suitable for the time align graph in the cab block

Last edited:
I think is normal behaviour, those IRs you captured yesterday with prior firmware are IRs that have been minimum-phase processed by default so they are aligned already

Doesn't Cab-Lab already allow capturing IRs with no processing?

I understand from Leon's words that he captured the IRs with the III, then exported the files to the computer and then loaded in cab-lab, but I can be wrong
@2112 Leon, you can clarify how you captured those IRs?

Those IRs you captured yesterday with prior firmware are IRs that have been minimum-phase processed so they are aligned already

I took the same IR and imported three different ways; one by loading it into Cab-Lab and saving to the III, another by dragging and dropping in Axe-edit and finally by using the cab directory in Axe-edit. Importing via cab-lab displays the waveform but the other two methods don't (see pics). They all sound identical so it doesn't seem to be an issue with the type of processing, but rather the import method.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 5.56.29 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 5.56.29 pm.png
    676.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 5.56.28 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 5.56.28 pm.png
    426.3 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom