Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Firmware Release

From the release notes (emphasis mine):

Added five new cabs comprised of our favorite mixes from several of our latest cab packs (only available for XL and XL+)​

Both.

iaresee, I think the quoted passage refers to the latter five mixes which seem to have been added additionally. The Ownhammer mixes replace old OH IRs which have been available in the firmware .zip file in the Ultrares Samples folder.

Replaced following OwnHammer factory cabs with new IRs (see Note 2):
- Cab #57 with “4x12 MAR PR-H55 FULL”
- Cab #142 with “1x12 DLX P12R Fat”
- Cab #146 with “4x10 SUPER VERB CTS FAT”
- Cab #148 with “4x12 MAR PR-M20B FULL”
- Cab #149 with “4x12 TRAD V60 FULL”

Added five new cabs comprised of our favorite mixes from several of our latest cab packs (only available for XL and XL+):
- 1x12 Class-A 15W Mix
- 1x15 Vibrato Verb Mix
- 2x12 Class-A 30W Mix
- 4x10 SuperVerb Mix
- 4x12 Greenback Mix

I'm not complaining here. I'm just curious as a Mark I user. Cab #57 is crazy good and a few more of those would be more than welcome and maybe a reason to get those new OH packs.

Awesome!
Been waiting this one a while, looking forward to see how it is.

This is how EVERY company should treat its customers

Just tried it out.
I don't really know whether anything changed in the sound since beta 2, but I loved the sound that came out, so I don't care.

Sooooo how does it sound?

It's not markedly different than the beta. Mostly it is just tweaks to the individual model data based on measurements. The only algorithm change was the fix to the preamp compression. In the beta the B+ sag into the preamp was applied incorrectly. That little change definitely improves things though.

Fixed mistakes in “Euro” amp models.

Fixed mistakes in “Cameron” amp models.

Fixed several mistakes in “Shiver” amp models.

Fixed mistakes in “Hot Kitty” amp model.

Fixed wrong transformer match value in “Citrus Terrier” model.

Fixed “Ruby Rocket” and “Ruby Rocket Brt” model names swapped. The amp’s bright switch is logically backwards (bright on is switch down).

Fixed input gain slightly too high in “Solo 88 Cln” model.

Fixed wrong phase inverter tail resistor and snubber capacitor values in “Brit AFS100” models.

NOTES:
While every attempt has been made to ensure compatibility with existing presets it is recommended that the amp block be reset by deselecting and reselecting the desired amp model to load the new default values and the preset then auditioned and readjusted as necessary.

OK I know this question has been asked a gazillion times but I am still unclear, so let me make it very specific:

If I do not deselect and reselect say, Brit AFS100 in my preset, will "Fixed wrong phase inverter tail resistor and snubber capacitor values" be fixed or not? Or if I don't deselect/reselect my “Euro” models, will "mistakes" be fixed?"

I think I get that if I don't reselect “Citrus Terrier,” then "Fixed wrong transformer match value in “Citrus Terrier” model" will not be fixed because that's a user set parameter, but what about the ones that are not?

OK I know this question has been asked a gazillion times but I am still unclear, so let me make it very specific:

If I do not deselect and reselect say, Brit AFS100 in my preset, will "Fixed wrong phase inverter tail resistor and snubber capacitor values" be fixed or not? Or if I don't deselect/reselect my “Euro” models, will "mistakes" be fixed?"

I think I get that if I don't reselect “Citrus Terrier,” then "Fixed wrong transformer match value in “Citrus Terrier” model" will not be fixed because that's a user set parameter, but what about the ones that are not?

In most cases you should deselect/reselect. As you noted the transformer match value is user adjustable so it won't get set to the new value unless you deselect/reselect. Alternatively you can use Axe-Edit to load the default value for that parameter.

The wrong snubber cap in the AFS100 affects the Hi Cut Freq parameter so you should deselect/reselect or load the default value using Axe-Edit.

FWIW, the new Brit 800 #34 does a better Slash than the AFS100 IMO. The AFS100 models are based on the actual amp but I think my version of #34 sounds more like AFD. I based the model on information I've collected over the years about the mods that were done.

It's not markedly different than the beta. Mostly it is just tweaks to the individual model data based on measurements. The only algorithm change was the fix to the preamp compression. In the beta the B+ sag into the preamp was applied incorrectly. That little change definitely improves things though.
So, how does it feel??

FWIW, the new Brit 800 #34 does a better Slash than the AFS100 IMO.

Wow, absolutely! I still have the beta loaded, but I was playing around with this model a few days ago. Reproducing Slash's sound isn't exactly my goal in life, but this amp really stood out and I couldn't help dredging up some Sweet Child licks. Just bad ass with lots of nuance in the right places!

RE: free ownhammer and replacement cabs: Since these are free, is there a way for non xl/xl+ to obtain?

Back
Top Bottom