Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Firmware Release

Replaced following OwnHammer factory cabs with new IRs (see Note 2):
- Cab #57 with “4x12 MAR PR-H55 FULL”
- Cab #142 with “1x12 DLX P12R Fat”
- Cab #146 with “4x10 SUPER VERB CTS FAT”
- Cab #148 with “4x12 MAR PR-M20B FULL”
- Cab #149 with “4x12 TRAD V60 FULL”

What about these cabs for Mark I/II users? Cab 142 - 149 aren't available. Any chance that we would get these as user cabs?

Been using Q7b2 since it was released and this update sounds even better. Good job once again!!

So #62 is staying put?! Im almost afraid to check I never did the beta; If so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Ill have to review which other ownhammers were nixed, or does that not apply to mk!,!!?

Awesome! I didn't really feel like doing yardwork today anyway. I've been patiently waiting through the beta releases without installing them, because I want to do some major reorganization and cleanup on my 50 or so presents. I figured I'd wait until Q7.00 was released. First a backup, and then let the carnage begin!

this has been this way from the start...afaik
Yes, that is how saturation works. Ideal doesn't have this effect because it's been... idealized. ;)

If you want authentic turned up you have to compensate with level. Been like that forever.

Replaced following OwnHammer factory cabs with new IRs (see Note 2):
- Cab #57 with “4x12 MAR PR-H55 FULL”
- Cab #142 with “1x12 DLX P12R Fat”
- Cab #146 with “4x10 SUPER VERB CTS FAT”
- Cab #148 with “4x12 MAR PR-M20B FULL”
- Cab #149 with “4x12 TRAD V60 FULL”

Crap, Cab #146 and Cab #149 are two goto cabs, anyway to get them in a separate download?

With firmware 6 I was at a point where I thought I may not bother with future firmwares seeing as my XL+ sounded so damn good to my ears! then I had to go and try the 7 betas, now with this final 7 release I'm so glad my curiosity got the better of me, Axe Fx the gift that just keeps giving!!!! Its crazy how much money the Axe saves me!

As excited as I always get for new firmware updates, I think I'm going to hold off and see how folks are digging it. I love the beta so don't imagine there is anything I won't like, but just paranoid. :)

As mentioned, I'm most curious about the Plexi thing.

First Update I'm not happy with.
The Brit 800 sounded way too muddy and boomy.
Reverted back to Beta 7.02
So glad I made a backup
Could be the speaker drive setting defaulting to .5 now, if you use lots of master volume (I do) there's more low end too, I just drop the bass or mids a smidge

Screw you McDonalds, Fractal, I'm lovin' it!

(I can't get over how sweet the Release Notes are. Literary award? )

Last edited:
"NOTES:
1. This firmware has significant changes to the core algorithms. While every attempt has been made to ensure compatibility with existing presets it is recommended that the amp block be reset by deselecting and reselecting the desired amp model to load the new default values and the preset then auditioned and readjusted as necessary."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does this apply to factory presets? User presets? Both?

"NOTES:
1. This firmware has significant changes to the core algorithms. While every attempt has been made to ensure compatibility with existing presets it is recommended that the amp block be reset by deselecting and reselecting the desired amp model to load the new default values and the preset then auditioned and readjusted as necessary."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Both

What about these cabs for Mark I/II users? Cab 142 - 149 aren't available. Any chance that we would get these as user cabs?
From the release notes (emphasis mine):

Added five new cabs comprised of our favorite mixes from several of our latest cab packs (only available for XL and XL+)​

"NOTES:
Both.

Thank you cliff and fas :)
I was already in beta2 mode, thought I never considered trying beta versions, but this update rocks !
I knew some times when it was hard to hear every changes since 2015, but the axefx became such a war marchine :)
now I tried it and have to go to sleep before a new week of work :(

Back
Top Bottom