[VIDEO] Ax8 tutorials, tips and tricks - compiled list

@Smittefar Maybe you can answer me this?
I would want to set up the AX8 so that the top row is 4 presets,
each one related to each of the 4 channels of my amp (4cm, midi, fx etc to be used).

Then I want the bottom row to be scenes 1-4 within each of those presets,
so that when I'm on preset one, the AX8 switches to my amps clean Dumble channel,
and then Scenes 1-4 can activate the amps boost on that channel (via Midi), add FX etc.

Then I hit switch 6 on top (Preset 2), the AX8 switches via Midi my amp to the second channel "Plexi",
then the 4 scenes below changes to accommodate the FX and midi I want to send for each of those,
such as boost, etc (each channel of my amp has both boosts and additional gain stages etc all accessible
via midi).

Basically I want to have 4 "variations/scenes" for each channel of my amp, and be able to quickly change
channels on the amp via the top row presets (without having to page up/down on the control switches).

Can this be done? at first I thought it was a question of the AX8 only having PC midi, not CC,
but perhaps this is not the case? This is a thought experiment so far as I don't have the AX8 at hand now,
but planning out a new use with this amp for when I get the time to sit down with it.

I am absolutely no midi expert, so I can't really help you. Sorry.

I don't think, it is possible. It might be possible with the FX8, since it has a dedicated midi block.

I thought it might be useful to make a compiled list of all the great Ax8 tutorials out there. I am not looking for all videos featuring Ax8 tones and a 'preset runthrough' is not really what I am looking for. But any video that shows you how to do something in the Ax8.

There's a lot of great videos with this out there, but I think they are just scattered across the interwebs. A collection might be useful for new and experienced users.

Our number one ressource for this is obviously @Chris@AxeFxTutorials. He has both premium and free videos. They all come highly recommended.

Here is his beginners guide (Premium video with free preview) http://axefxtutorials.com/2016/02/premium-video-ax8-beginners-guide/

He also has a beyond basics video (which will be in three parts once completed) https://axefxtutorials.selz.com/item/ax8-bb-p1

James Ryan (I do not think he is a user on this forum) has a few very good videos featuring the Ax8 - I found his quick feature runthrough particularly useful

Chris has a much longer video on the same topic

Both are running FW1 in the video, so the Ax8 LCD screen behaves quite differently than the current FW3. Chris shows the new screen user interface in a free video here (it is on the FX8, but it is the same on Ax8)

The user interface got changed once again for FW3.50 - and once again Christ got us covered with a new video

I hope everyone will add useful videos to this thread. I have just entered the ones, I could think of.

Great thread! So much information for the community in one location this ROCKS! I think its worthy of calling it "AX8 University or AX8U"

Weee - a sticky :)
Well deserved I would chime in to say, I'd recommend a locked thread should be in place for such educational content and have other community aces like yourself that can only post without the noise of responses so members can b-line to tutorials and shared content. BTW not a groupy just a grumpy with limited time.. Cheers..."

Hey all I am having trouble uploading new IR Cabs I just purchased which was the Brit Pack. I have tried using Fractal Bot and when choosing files it will only let me choose 1 file at a time and it defaults to the first patch every time I try a new one so I have to manually change the patch destination every upload in the Fractal Bot interface. Theres gotta be a better way than this. Why won't it let me upload the whole folder? I have also tried to upload them with AX8 Edit Axe Manage Cabs and still cant work out how to upload in AX8 Edit.

I have also tried to upload them with AX8 Edit Axe Manage Cabs and still cant work out how to upload in AX8 Edit.
Axe-Manage:Cabs is part of Ax8-Edit. When you've uploaded them in one, you've uploaded them in the other.

Hey Rex thanks for your reply Yes I can see the few I have uploaded in Fractal Bot showing in AX8 Edit but can't work out how to upload in AX8 so can do in Fractal Bot but it seems that it can only process one patch at a time. Is that how it is supposed to be? I would have thought you can upload the whole folder but it won't let me. Is there any instructional vids on uploading Cabs?

Hey Rex thanks for your reply Yes I can see the few I have uploaded in Fractal Bot showing in AX8 Edit but can't work out how to upload in AX8 so can do in Fractal Bot...
If you have a way that works (Axe-Manage:Cabs), why do you want to use Fractal-Bot for this? It's only a way to get stuff into and out of the AX8, and you're already successfully bringing in the IRS with Axe-Manage:Cabs.

Can you buy new already done Presets for the AX8 that already have X & Y settings in place and other stuff set up?

If you have a way that works (Axe-Manage:Cabs), why do you want to use Fractal-Bot for this? It's only a way to get stuff into and out of the AX8, and you're already successfully bringing in the IRS with Axe-Manage:Cabs.

Sorry for confusion No its the Fractal Bot I am using to successfully transfers but as I said only one at a time. I have tried to upload them with AX8 Edit/Axe-Manage:Cabs but can't work out how to upload them here I tried import and nothing happens. It says its all connected thru USB

SNo its the Fractal Bot I am using to successfully transfers but as I said only one at a time. I have tried to upload them with AX8 Edit/Axe-Manage:Cabs but can't work out how to upload them here I tried import and nothing happens. It says its all connected thru USB
Ah, I get it.

1) Close Fractal-Bot and open Axe-Manage:Cabs.

2). Use the Browser menu to load the cabs into Axe-Manage's browser.

3). Drag-and-drop the cabs to whatever AX8 slots you want them to be in.

4). Click SAVE.

5). Play yer guitar. :)

Ah, I get it.

1) Close Fractal-Bot and open Axe-Manage:Cabs.

2). Use the Browser menu to load the cabs into Axe-Manage's browser.

3). Drag-and-drop the cabs to whatever AX8 slots you want them to be in.

4). Click SAVE.

5). Play yer guitar. :)

OK cool you can drag them in that good but I found you can right click on empty cab patch and import but still only one at a time. I will drag them in sure its quicker and thanks for all your help Rex :)

OK cool you can drag them in that good but I found you can right click on empty cab patch and import but still only one at a time. I will drag them in sure its quicker and thanks for all your help Rex :)
You're welcome!

Note that you can select multiple IRs in the browser window and drag them all at once. Quick like a bunny, and it couldn't be much easier. Enjoy!

Yep I found that out that you can drag multiple ones. Just another thing that has happened I have only got thru half the Cabs Pack and all the p0sitions are full so I can't upload anymore or can I? Can you make the library larger? I have only had this unit for a bit so new to it and when I bought this pack and went to the Manage Cabs there were NO cabs there. Does that sound right to you? Anyhow I filled up all the spots and still theres more left so how do I ad them or have I done wrong?

Back
Top Bottom