Coming Soon

Well, from what I've read from Cliff on the forums, if I had to guess, I'd say he's coming up with a solid state poweramp with one or two very specific features never seen on SS guitar poweramps before. Wonder what they could be...

If I had to just project, I'd wishfully guess he's coming up with a rack unit full of physical knobs, each of which can be assigned to any parameter in the Axe-Fx via sysex. In the Recall and Layout menus, you'd have your base, global configuration, any knob completely customizable. Then, all knobs would change their function based on which block/tab you're currently editing.

A VG99/Variax guitar modeling system driven by a regular guitar signal (no hex pickups, no batteries, etc.) would be fantastic. I'm not sure if it possible, but one can dream.

I hope this will kick some FX development forward :) now there's a reason to do firmware updates for this unit too
This. ;)

Other than that: cool to see more love for 4cm'ers.

Since I'm an FRFR guy once and forever, I'm not much interested. But I'll definitely recommend it to my bass player.

I'm amazed I'm this excited about a product I don't need. I keep having flashbacks looking at it thinking of the TC Nova system I had, this appears to be everything I wanted the Nova system to be but it wasn't. If I was still a tube amp guy I'd be all over this, and I imagine many will be.

I just bought a nova system a couple of months ago because I couldn't find anything else closer to what I was after. I am not entirely happy with it so I cant wait to get on the wait list for the fx8. Where do I sign up again?

Come up with a 1 space rack dedicated only to amp models (& cabs?)....pair up?

If was going to speculate on a new product, personally i would love to see a collaboration between Carol-Ann and Fractal on an amp

Specs

Amp format: (head, combo and rack)

Power Amp section
Tube of course (switch option to change from 6L6 to EL34)
Variable (from 5 to 100 watts)

Pre-amp section
Default - Carol Ann Clean channel (tube)
Tweaker Module ( Fractal Amp Modeling)
Bluetooth
Direct line out (recording/FOH etc)
Traditional buffered effects loop (in case you want to use your own pedalboard/effects directly with amp)
Traditional Amp control Panel (vol, gain, B/T/P, Mv etc)

Floor Board - FX8 - provides effects and amp control

Because amp is bluetooth ready -- you can now control both amp and floorboard via IOS (tablet/iPhone/Desktop) as well as send audio to any bluetooth ready device (i.e. laptop to speakers etc)

I would buy this in a heartbeat

Last edited:
Reactions: ALE
You would need long cable runs to,from the fx loop on your amp right?
Does it have a buffer or something to compensate for the long cable runs you would need in and out of the FX loop?
Does it have midi for channel switching on your amp if you have it?
Will you be able to run a dry signal through the unit ? That way you get that direct signal going back into the amp too or does it have a mixer in it so you can mix the dry and fX together

If was going to speculate on a new product, personally i would love to see a collaboration between Carol-Ann and Fractal on an amp

Specs

Amp format: (head and combo)

Power Amp section
Tube of course (switch option to change from 6L6 to EL34)
Variable (from 5 to 100 watts)

Pre-amp section
Default - Carol Ann Clean channel (tube)
Tweaker Module ( Fractal Amp Modeling)
Bluetooth
Direct line out (recording/FOH etc)
Traditional buffered effects loop (in case you want to use your own pedalboard/effects directly with amp)
Traditional Amp control Panel (vol, gain, B/T/P, Mv etc)

Floor Board - FX8 - provides effects and amp control

Because amp is bluetooth ready -- you can now control both amp and floorboard via IOS (tablet/iPhone/Desktop) as well as send audio to any bluetooth ready device (i.e. laptop to speakers etc)

I would buy this in a heartbeat
So why exactly do we need another tube amp? To make things more fragile, heavy and less flexible? No thanks.

Will there be a RACK MOUNTED version You can use the MFC with ?

Cliff said earlier that they have 6 more products they are working on so that might be one of them, but I’d think that if you want a rack mounted version you can just stick with the Axe Fx 2?

You would need long cable runs to,from the fx loop on your amp right?
Does it have a buffer or something to compensate for the long cable runs you would need in and out of the FX loop?
Does it have midi for channel switching on your amp if you have it?
Will you be able to run a dry signal through the unit ? That way you get that direct signal going back into the amp too or does it have a mixer in it so you can mix the dry and fX together

These questions have been answered erlier on in this thread.

Meanwhile I'm collecting the available info in the wiki:
FX8 - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Back
Top Bottom