Coming Soon

My guess is that the Fx8 is also not going to be brilliant as a controller for the Axe Fx 2. It simply has to few buttons. Sure, you can argue that in a simple case you don’t need that many buttons, which is true. And in that case you also don’t need an Axe Fx 2 in combination with a Fx 8 in the first place. Get yourself a smaller midi controller if you need something smaller and simpler than the MFC-101.
My post is not personal driven. I`m happy with what i have. That said, the FX8 may have only 8 physical buttons, but looking on the layout, it says me:
- Layer for 8 FX Switches
- Layer for 8 SCENES
- Looper Layer.

In comparison to the MFC-101 - assuming you configurate 8 SCENES switches as Axe-Fx IA´s - you will just have only one more Axe-Fx IA on the MFC-101 in comparison to the FX8!

Again: The FX8 will not be my cup of tea (to get 8 dedicated SCENE Switches), i have programmed a workaround on my MFC to get 8 SCENES switches and 4 AMP switches in addition to the 17 Axe-Fx IA`s, using Internal CC´s ... so - i´m happy ;)

My thinking runs more on the perspective: How could be a FX8 (or future products) theoretical be designed to max out a partnership with minimal AD/DA converting and cables with the Axe-Fx & MFC beside the primary No-Rack / real AMP users, the FX8 adresses.... that`s all ...

Last edited:
By the way: Some say they hope for further improvements for their Axe-fx regarding the FX8. I believe, we have got a ground-breaking improvement in the past in our Axe-Fx, born for the FX8, but tested and introduced in the Axe-Fx: Scenes, IMHO.

Maybe this counts also for the Looper Layer on the MFC.

The Axe-Fx II is something like a Porsche 959 was in the 80`ies: The platform for pinnacle development. A carrier of technology. ABS & 4x wheel, etc. ... all this was introduced in the 959 1985 (if i remember correct). What ABS & 4x wheel was for Porsche, SCENES was for FAS .... perhaps ... !?

Last edited:
How could be a FX8 (or future products) theoretical be designed to max out a partnership with minimal AD/DA converting and cables with the Axe-Fx & MFC beside the primary No-Rack / real AMP users, the FX8 adresses.... that`s all ...

dude lets keep this release simple for us dumb tube amp players who want a simple to use quality effects board to go with our nice amps

My post is not personal driven. I`m happy with what i have. That said, the FX8 may have only 8 physical buttons, but looking on the layout, it says me:
- Layer for 8 FX Switches
- Layer for 8 SCENES
- Looper Layer.

In comparison to the MFC-101 - assuming you configurate 8 SCENES switches as Axe-Fx IA´s - you will just have only one more Axe-Fx IA on the MFC-101 in comparison to the FX8!

Again: The FX8 will not be my cup of tea (to get 8 dedicated SCENE Switches), i have programmed a workaround on my MFC to get 8 SCENES switches and 4 AMP switches in addition to the 17 Axe-Fx IA`s, using Internal CC´s ... so - i´m happy ;)

My thinking runs more on the perspective: How could be a FX8 (or future products) theoretical be designed to max out a partnership with minimal AD/DA converting and cables with the Axe-Fx & MFC beside the primary No-Rack / real AMP users, the FX8 adresses.... that`s all ...

Well, simply put the MFC has 21 buttons and the Fx8 has 11 so to achieve just as many functions as the MFC you would have to have pretty much twice as many layers to be able to do as much on the FX8 as the MFC when acting as a midi controller, and the MFC already has 3 - standard, reveal and looper. So I think the Fx8 will feel pretty limiting as a midi controller compared to the MFC (should come as no surprise as the MFC is a dedicated midi controller and will be better at it than a combined unit).

I think they should keep things simple and I think the Fx8 will fit the market it’s targeted for just perfectly and should be kept just as is. My dream would be to get something half way between the Fx8 and the AFx2 - a floor unit with amp/cab modelling (basically a PodHD created by Fractal with Fractal quality) which would mean one less device to carry when playing with the band. Fractal would then have 3 types of players covered - rack users as the power users, people who like modelling and wanting to keep things simple (me), and Amp guys that still want Fractal quality effect and integration.

And I think these should be kept as distinct products and not try to integrate them to make each as good as they can be for their intended audience, which looking at their current line I have no doubt that this is the route Fractal will take.

I'm amazed I'm this excited about a product I don't need. I keep having flashbacks looking at it thinking of the TC Nova system I had, this appears to be everything I wanted the Nova system to be but it wasn't. If I was still a tube amp guy I'd be all over this, and I imagine many will be.

Well.... there has to be an amp coming then, that you can load amp models to and switch between them via midi. A head. A 1x12 combo, and a 2x12 combo. flat class D power section.

*evil grin*

Well.... there has to be an amp coming then, that you can load amp models to and switch between them via midi. A head. A 1x12 combo, and a 2x12 combo. flat class D power section.

*evil grin*

Actually, come to think of it. I don’t really want a pod hd type floor board. What I would really want is a Fractal combo amp, partnered with Matrix to create a lightweight AFx2/Matrix power amp/Matrix speaker type combo that is designed like a Blues Breaker Combo where the front is just a speaker and all the controls are on the top. And I’d like that paired with a smaller and wider MFC.

Reactions: ALE
As long as we are wildly speculating, I'll wager on a power amp and FRFR speaker or powered FRFR speaker (or both!). It makes sense, for me at least, for Fractal to offer a complete solution - MFC - Axe II - Fractal amplification system.

Agreed, it would be a logical offer from FAS. And having physical knobs on the front of the power amp to control tone on the fly would be a real bonus. One can dream...

Reactions: ALE
My guitar was tuned at the factory before they shipped it, so no need for a tuner here. Weirdly, everybody I play with is TOTALLY out of tune and has goofy intonation.

In other news, my metronome is malfunctioning. It doesn't follow me at all.

This product is aimed at the person who doesn't want to use modeling. It is specifically designed for use with an amp. The I/O architecture was designed to integrate with tube amps.

The one thing people seem to be assuming is that we have no other products under development. In fact we have no less than six new products in active development.

Come up with a 1 space rack dedicated only to amp models (& cabs?)....pair up?

Back
Top Bottom