IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
If you’re using any IRs from Scott’s folder, those will definitely be too bright for you. He likes super bright mic placements so he can roll off his tone knob.

I find the KW pack to be warmer than the MRSH, so I’m surprised you’re having to cut highs like that. I’d try Mix 01 and turn your treble and presence to zero… (that’s going to be unusably dark) and then bring them up to get the top end balance you want. If you’re using a Plexi, be mindful of the Mids, since that control adds a lot of brightness as well.
I rarely use the mixes themselves and blend the mics with mostly 121s being the dominant.

Just to prove Justin right (lol) here's a sample of some guy hacking through my favorite early morning string skipping test. FIrst the kw then the mv30 and then the MRSH m25. All are blends with equal r121-1 and sm57m-1 at 100%. All other settings are the same on a BRIT 800 model. I am wrong, Justin is right. I don't know what I was hearing before, the original MRSH m25 is brighter.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/rx4k...elf2.mp3?rlkey=tyfdcrsj4jg119xzei471izoa&dl=0

The graphs clearly show, playing that same riff that the original m25 has more high end. All sounds are definitely in the same ball park

1697067496787.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to prove Justin right (lol) here's a sample of some guy hacking through my favorite early morning string skipping test. I still struggle with it. FIrst the kw then the mv30 and then the MRSH m25. All are blends with equal r121-1 and sm57m-1 at 100%. All other settings are the same on a BRIT 800 model. I am wrong, Justin is right. I don't know what I was hearing before.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3kwg...test.mp3?rlkey=7zu4h75viunabp6s9fasvebv9&dl=0
I’m glad things are working normally for you now. Also remember that the mic placements are different for each pack, so a 121-1 on one cab isn’t necessarily in the same position as 121-1 on another cab. I don’t use copy/paste placements or formulas, so it’s all about finding which option has the character you like.

Hypothetically, let’s say York Audio DynaCab packs are happening in the near future. What two cabs/speakers would you all want for the first releases?
The YA DV77 and YA M65 are beasts and cover a lot of ground.
I love Mesa OS 412 too, but there already is that offer.
More Mic options would be great : sm57v - sm7b - 421 - 414 and 160 are my go to (I guess a 121 is mandatory nowadays).

Hypothetically, let’s say York Audio DynaCab packs are happening in the near future. What two cabs/speakers would you all want for the first releases?
Oh man I missed this one
For me the 212 York custom with
M65s or combo of M65 H75
Number 2 your Bogner cab V30

I think the M65 and even H75 are such killer speakers and the base set already has some v30 GB
Variants so the Creamback in your custom 212 would be killer

Btw , I know it early but what’s your take on the Dynacabs Justin ?

Last edited:
maybe this would be easier to track if you set it up as a poll ? just a suggestion maybe post 5 options that you were thinking about and see what people think or pick the top 5 that get repeated in this thread and post a poll later in the week

The York custom 2x12 with creambacks is something special. Also, the KW 412 M25-SH. A bass cab could be very useful as well. I'm more inclined to want dynacabs that are not already available in the axe fx. Dynacabs kind of eliminate one of the more special things about York Audio cab packs, which is Justin's choices and mixes. So, those would be really cool as included preset library files, from which we could tweak and learn if we wanted

Something unique that still nobody has provided:

Wem Super Starfinder 200 with Fane Crescendo metal-dust cap speakers, captured with a Shure KSM32 condenser microphone 😎

1697330127250.jpeg

All the standard IRs that I have found that claim to be these are caca de vaca. And most must be fake, since they cannot provide a single picture. Don't tell me that you have one of these in your hands (they sell for more than 8,000), and you do not take a single picture of the capture process and the speakers inside :D

Last edited:
Something unique that still nobody has provided:

Wem Super Starfinder 200 with Fane Crescendo metal-dust cap speakers, captured with a Shure KSM32 condenser microphone 😎

View attachment 127983

All the standard IRs that I have found that claim to be these are caca de vaca. And most must be fake, since they cannot provide a single picture. Don't tell me that you have one of these in your hands (they sell for more than 8,000), and you do not take a single picture of the capture process and the speakers inside :D
I seem to recall there was an Ownhammer Starfinder cab from a long time ago. Might even have been pre-UltraRes IRs.

Back
Top Bottom