IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Cool! Thanks for the reply! I have all of the cab packs mentioned, but I like hearing your take on it. I'm trying to stick to one cab block on the FM9, but switch between amp blocks, so I'll check out the M65 pack with all of these!

The new KW pack is fantastic by the way! I may experiment with that as well. How do you think the KW pack could work with those style tones out of curiosity?
You can always try the KW with Vox and Matchless amps to see how it works for you. Personally, those amps seem to be better suited for 2x12s than 4x12s, but that’s just my opinion.

@York Audio just a stopud question: if only one speaker is working during the capture (i.e. 3 out of 4 are disconnected physically, and you are capturing only 1 speaker from 4x12), will this sound close to 1x12 cabinet?
Just curious

@York Audio just a stopud question: if only one speaker is working during the capture (i.e. 3 out of 4 are disconnected physically, and you are capturing only 1 speaker from 4x12), will this sound close to 1x12 cabinet?
Just curious
Not really. The internal volume/space of a 4x12 plays a big role in how the speaker sounds and the low end resonance you get; especially when comparing a closed back 4x12 to an open back 1x12.

Yes it is. :)
That’s my favorite YA IR pack so I‘m really delighted to get its impedance curve.
Dyna-Cab version coming?

waynes world GIF

Not really. The internal volume/space of a 4x12 plays a big role in how the speaker sounds and the low end resonance you get; especially when comparing a closed back 4x12 to an open back 1x12.
so the obvious question since we know you already have some SIC in there like Mesa 212 ,Bogner , the new MarshallBV and not sure if can you answer , but how far in the future are we looking before new York Dyna Cab packs will arrive , just a ballpark you can give , a month. , couple of months , maybe sooner

Last edited:
I may have missed that! What speakers are in that cabinet?
The MRSH 412 MV30-Dual pack (based on the Marshall 1960bv) is loaded with Celestion G12 Vintage, or “Marshall Vintage” speakers, which is a V30 variant exclusively made for Marshall with a different voicing than your typical V30… much smoother and well-rounded.

so the obvious question since we know you already have some SIC in there like Mesa 212 ,Bogner , the new MarshallBV and not sure if can you answer , but how far in the future are we looking before new York Dyna Cab packs will arrive , just a ballpark you can give , a month. , couple of months , maybe sooner
I can’t say exactly when the YA DynaCabs will be available, but it’s a matter of months.

The MRSH 412 MV30-Dual pack (based on the Marshall 1960bv) is loaded with Celestion G12 Vintage, or “Marshall Vintage” speakers, which is a V30 variant exclusively made for Marshall with a different voicing than your typical V30… much smoother and well-rounded.

I can’t say exactly when the YA DynaCabs will be available, but it’s a matter of months.
Cool! Thank you for the reply! That’s cool to know and I’m excited to try that impedance curve out with the MV30 pack!

Something really clicked today. I was never really 100% satisfied with any pre-mixed IRs. Something always seemed off to me, either the lows or highs, or the mids either sounded too scooped or telephone-ish.

So today, somewhat reluctantly at first, I decided to play around with blending single mic IRs. Loaded the 57 Cap Edge & 121 Cap Center IRs from the Marshall V30 pack into my FM9, set the impedance curve to Marshall TV and the distance of the 121 to 20.6 mm (0,06 ms as recommended by Cliff)... BOOM! That was it. Suddenly I had the sound I was searching for years! The high end bright and clear but not harsh, the low end tight and full but not boomy, the mids upfront but not boxy. All I had to do was adjust the levels and I couldn't get the smile off my face for 3 hours.

Last edited:
I want to use the MV30 and Orange V30 at the same time. Do I need to allign the phase? If yes, do I need to check after the peaks or the "rest" of line?

I want to use the MV30 and Orange V30 at the same time. Do I need to allign the phase? If yes, do I need to check after the peaks or the "rest" of line?
If you use the MPT (Minimum Phase Transform) folder they'll all be Phase aligned. If you use the natural ones, then aligning the large first hump is a good starting point, but ultimately there'll be different phasing at different frequencies and you should adjust it until it sounds good.

In general, IRs from the same maker should be aligned to each other out of the box. That should definitely be true for York Audio.

If you're mixing different makers, go with MPT to avoid having to align them manually.

I’d use minimum phase if you want to blend two different cabs and then use the Align feature if you want to play with the phase relationship to mellow the top end (if it needs it).

In general, IRs from the same maker should be aligned to each other out of the box. That should definitely be true for York Audio.

If you're mixing different makers, go with MPT to avoid having to align them manually.
Some cabs naturally align well with each other and some don’t. Every cab is captured differently, and sometimes two cabs positioned differently in the room will cause misalignments. If I’m playing with a single cab, I tend to like natural phase. If I’m blending cabs, I’ll go with MPT.

I’d use minimum phase if you want to blend two different cabs and then use the Align feature if you want to play with the phase relationship to mellow the top end (if it needs it).

Some cabs naturally align well with each other and some don’t. Every cab is captured differently, and sometimes two cabs positioned differently in the room will cause misalignments. If I’m playing with a single cab, I tend to like natural phase. If I’m blending cabs, I’ll go with MPT.
That second paragraph is new info to me, thank you.

What is everyones opinion with the YA IRs and Ultrares vs Standard?

I used them today for the first time in "standard" because of the CPU of the FM3 and they really sound great. I cant notice that much difference.

Back
Top Bottom