X-Mann + AX8 + (2) Friedman ASM-12's = \m/

X-Mann

Experienced
Hey Fractal Audio Systems Dudes....& well........more dudes! :eek:

I just wanted to take a minute, introduce myself here & say that I'm VERY eXcited to be on the list to becoming a Fractal user.

I'm a long time 11-Rack user (aka Lover) & have tried out the Helix as well.

The AX8 was NOT on my radar & I didn't realize just how close it is to being released either. I may have been distracted by some shiny lights or something, but I'm here now & ready for the AX8 to Rock my world.

I'll be running it directly into a pair of Friedman ASM-12's & using the AX8 as my main live rig for a 80's, 90's & current cover band.

The AX8 has the main amps I love & or have always wanted to play or try. This also goes for FX & drive pedals as well. The Exotic line of pedals was always my favorite in the past & getting all 3 is a huge bonus here.

I bought some Own Hammer IR's to try out & now have a basic understanding of what they do & or how to make them work. I know that there's a learning curve here & I've NEVER owned any previous Fractal product before.

I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions once I get the AX8 in my hands & I'm really looking forward to being a part of the Fractal community as well. I love to make music & videos & document my playing experience & progress on the guitar. You'll see & hear what I'm able to get out of the AX8 & it will all be done in a funny/entertaining way.

Neil Zaza is a HUGE influence on me & has been telling me for years that I need to be a Fractal player. I'm finally listening to him & patiently waiting my turn in line for this cool new product.

I think the single best thing here is just knowing that I'm getting a 110% PRO Level piece of gear that has been tested & developed for years & years & years in its big brother unit too. :cool:

I'm very curious as to how you guys will be using your AX8's & in what type of environment too? Are you going "Full FRFR" or......what? I appreciate any & all knowledge sharing & I'll be lurking here & trying to catch-up on what you guys already do know.

Peace! X-Mann

PS - Sorry for the new post if this is in the wrong section & please move it if needed. ;)

Last edited:
Hey X-mann. I remember you from the 11R forum. Welcome to the Fractal world! Neil is a good dude and wouldn't steer you wrong. Been watching him play for years here in Ohio and he knows what he's talking about. I'm sure you'll enjoy the AX8 as much as the rest of us will.

Hey X-mann. I remember you from the 11R forum. Welcome to the Fractal world! Neil is a good dude and wouldn't steer you wrong. Been watching him play for years here in Ohio and he knows what he's talking about. I'm sure you'll enjoy the AX8 as much as the rest of us will.
Thx for the welcome Muudrock! ;)

Neil told me during our last lesson that he's very excited about the AX8 & it's something that he's really been waiting on for his overseas gigs/tours.

It makes sense that he could bring a single pedal unit, expression pedal & his signature Kiesel guitar & make it rain awesomeness! \m/

Maybe you can help me out along the way too? :D

Peace! X

Hey X-Mann!

Welcome aboard! I recognize you from your posts on TGP on that other modeler (that shall not be named...:eek:). I am also here anxiously awaiting the AX8 release! I'm just trying to find and any news on the AX8, & any tips in general that I can scrounge up here on Fractal products and their features that may apply to the AX8. I'm hoping to get some kind of feel for how the AX8 controller will work and how to put patches together so that I won't spend too much time being hopelessly lost when I finally have mine!

I'm looking forward to your impressions of the AX8 when you get it in hand. :cool:

Is this the same X-Mann, Fellow Carvin Fanatic ? Welcome !

I'm that Carvin Fanatic that loves to create fun/funny videos of the products I love & use.

Here's one on the new Greg Howe Signature 24-Fret bolt Guitar.

This one has my Gold Top-X Guitar & a little intro from my boy Mr. Zaza too!

I'll be creating an AX8 video(s) in this goofy style, so be ready for that & you guys were warned here too! :eek::D:p

X

PS - You can watch these while you wait for the AX8 e-mail to arrive w/ the golden ticket in it! ;)

Last edited:
I am also in an '80s/'90s cover band. I'm totally itching to get the AX8 as well. If it hits all the right marks it'll replace my Kemper/Remote setup and eliminate my rack from the gig-rig. We monitor in-ear so I'm not in need of a stage monitor and I have a pair of TS110A and Yamaha DSR12s available if I ever do.

I'm hoping that Cliff gets the purchase offers started this week so that I can try to get the AX8 out at a gig or two before we take our Holiday break last half of Dec.

I too am new to the forum as a future Fractal customer... welcome. I'll also add that I've enjoyed your videos, it's nice to hear objective opinions from someone who is an actual player... too much jibber-jabber BS from peeps that play at below an intermediate level floating around. :D

I'm hoping that Cliff gets the purchase offers started this week so that I can try to get the AX8 out at a gig or two before we take our Holiday break last half of Dec.

I too am new to the forum as a future Fractal customer... welcome.

I have a feeling the AX8 is going to bring a LOT of new customers into the "fold".

I know I'll likely be one of them.

I am also in an '80s/'90s cover band. I'm totally itching to get the AX8 as well. If it hits all the right marks it'll replace my Kemper/Remote setup and eliminate my rack from the gig-rig. We monitor in-ear so I'm not in need of a stage monitor and I have a pair of TS110A and Yamaha DSR12s available if I ever do.

I too am new to the forum as a future Fractal customer... welcome. I'll also add that I've enjoyed your videos, it's nice to hear objective opinions from someone who is an actual player... too much jibber-jabber BS from peeps that play at below an intermediate level floating around. :D
Hey, hey 3 dog Nate!!!! (Luv the name)

I don't think I've ever had great tone for the most part. I get usable tones & just want to shut up & play my guitar for the most part. I am now ready though to take my tones serious & really see what I can achieve here. I've spent the money on a killer FRFR system & have only used it in mono so far & through the Eleven Rack. It works just stellar & feels just great on stage.I have a 2nd Friedman arriving tomorrow night & will spend the money now to get better results. I've dedicated myself over the last 5+ years (& more) to being a better player by writing lots of songs, jamming w/ bands, churches, friends & even taking private lessons w/ the Zaza! Now I'm finally at a point where I think my playing will benefit from this kind of product, company & technology.

My goal here (besides the funny videos) is to first & foremost create a PRO LEVEL stage Rig that can be used anywhere & everywhere. I have a bunch of gigs coming up, but I'm not going to rush just to get it out live if I don't have a full handle on it & the tones in it. If this new gateway drug gets me hooked on "All things Fractal", I'll probably sell off a kidney & also get the FULL AXE FX2 as well for recording.

I'm a pretty positive guy & tend to just promote what I love/use & or even killer players at every level as well. On the interwebs you can choose to be whomever you want to be so why not be a fun & helpful dude right? o_O

I'm not the most advanced tweaker of gear & I don't even know what most amps, mics & cabs should even sound like. I do know what love is & love a good box of chocolates though. :p

I also appreciate any good advices & tips for popping my Fractal cherry :eek: & helping me finally get STELLAR tones.

Thanks for the welcoming & for all the Fractal love here too! X-Mann

Anytime man. Been a fractal user since the AxeII came out so I've been around the block with it and always willing to help. BTW. I'm a fellow Cavin/Kiesel guy as well. Been playing their guitars for years. Love em. Great vids btw!

I'm a HUGE fan of Friedman, Bogner & Splawn amps......& I just love the tones & playing of the following players as well. Neil Zaza (MVP of all things melodic), Blues Saraceno (The Vibrato heard round the world), Mark Tremonti (Domo Ori-gatto Mr Legato), Steve Stevens (The Flash, The Flare, That Epic Hair) & the one guy that puts ALL of my favorite elements together into a pot of awesomeness & then releases the Kraken, Mr Justin Derrico of Pink & the Wolrd class CD titled "Boldly Going Nowhere". I try to steal from each of these masters & fuse my own style & sound along the way.........:cool:

If you don't mind my asking, I see that you have both Alto TS110A's & Yamaha DSR12's listed as speakers you use. How do those 2 compare & how do you like each for running a modeler into? I have one Line 6 L2T, and have been debating the relative merits of getting another one, or selling it and getting a pair of some other powered FRFR speakers. While I do like the L2T, I'm not sure how it stacks up against other choices, and It's relatively expensive. I've heard good things about the Altos (and their Alesis counterparts), and some have suggested the Yamaha DXR speakers, which I assume are similar to the DSR's (not sure how they're different).

Thanks!

Ok......Last question for the day, if anyone knows here.

Will the Fractal AX8 be at the Winter NAMM show in Anaheim this year?

I hope to have it in my hands before I leave for NAMM in January, but if not, I wonder if I can see it/test it there?

Thanks in advance! X

PS - If any of my fellow guitar nerds wants to see tons of cool gear pics & lots of NAMM babes, check out "XMANNROCKS" on Instagram NOW!!!!! :eek:

If you don't mind my asking, I see that you have both Alto TS110A's & Yamaha DSR12's listed as speakers you use. How do those 2 compare & how do you like each for running a modeler into? I have one Line 6 L2T, and have been debating the relative merits of getting another one, or selling it and getting a pair of some other powered FRFR speakers. While I do like the L2T, I'm not sure how it stacks up against other choices, and It's relatively expensive. I've heard good things about the Altos (and their Alesis counterparts), and some have suggested the Yamaha DXR speakers, which I assume are similar to the DSR's (not sure how they're different).

Thanks!

The Altos get the job done and are compact and lightweight... They sound decent and get loud enough. The DSR12s are pretty bad ass speakers... LOUD, TIGHT SMOOTH.... we have 4 for my band and rarely ever bring out the second pair. One pair will light up a club nicely for the whole band with a good set of subs. The DXR is essentially the same speaker in a molded cabinet. Not sure if there are any DSP differences or not. I'd assume the DXR10 is a good choice... it certainly can kick the Alto's ass... as decent as the Alto is. I use the my Alto TS110A pair as my main PA for my Acoustic/Bass duo and it does really well for that. Esp the easy load in/out. I had an L2M and If I had to compare the L2Mand the TS110A I'd give it to the L2... it gets a bit louder and has a healthier low end.

The Altos get the job done and are compact and lightweight... They sound decent and get loud enough. The DSR12s are pretty bad ass speakers... LOUD, TIGHT SMOOTH.... we have 4 for my band and rarely ever bring out the second pair. One pair will light up a club nicely for the whole band with a good set of subs. The DXR is essentially the same speaker in a molded cabinet. Not sure if there are any DSP differences or not. I'd assume the DXR10 is a good choice... it certainly can kick the Alto's ass... as decent as the Alto is. I use the my Alto TS110A pair as my main PA for my Acoustic/Bass duo and it does really well for that. Esp the easy load in/out. I had an L2M and If I had to compare the L2Mand the TS110A I'd give it to the L2... it gets a bit louder and has a healthier low end.

Thanks! I appreciate your opinion! :cool:

hey x-mann i had noticed you on the gear page diggin on the helix. are you still good with it or is the honeymoon over? been following that enormous thread and curious to know if the helix falls short or are you just adding the axe to your sounds.hard to judge sounds over the internet but a lot of what i heard with the helix sounded like the hd 500.

Welcome, X! I've been here for the past couple of years. Glad to see you here. Looking forward to more positive thoughts and fun!

Welcome X-Mann! Longtime Carvin user (late 70s), and a former 11R user as well (it doesn't see a lot of "on " time these days). Been on the Axe Fx bandwagon for years now and looking forward to the AX8 release. Glad to share the waiting line with you.

Back
Top Bottom