X-Mann + AX8 + (2) Friedman ASM-12's = \m/

I thought so, but wasn't sure. I have seen the Axe-Fx2 at many booths, but never at a Fractal booth.

I was hoping that since the new AX8 is going to release right before Winter NAMM that things may be different this year. Plus, I just wanted to meet Cliff & or Mark too. ;)

X

Welcome X-Mann. You may remember me from the 11R forums. IIRC, Fractal doesn't attend NAMM directly as they don't sell to retailers, which is the actual target market for the NAMM exhibition.

Welcome X-Mann. You may remember me from the 11R forums. IIRC, Fractal doesn't attend NAMM directly as they don't sell to retailers, which is the actual target market for the NAMM exhibition.
Hey there Hellbat!

Yea, I've known that Fractal is not at NAMM normally or the past 3-years that I went. I was really asking if they were going this year (Winter 2016) due to the brand new AX8.

No worries either way & thanks for the welcome & response my brother!

X

I've decided to just "Go For It" & try out the Axe-Fx II while I wait my turn in line for the AX8 invite.:eek:

It's going to be more than I need as I'll just create some basic 1-amp rigs at 1st, but I need to hear, understand & mess w/ the Fractal tone. :D

I'm going to need some help & will try to use the "Search" tool here before asking too many dumb questions. o_O

This is going to be the ultimate tone test for me since I really don't consider myself s deep tweaker at all. I was told a long time ago by many guitar friends to move over to Fractal & I just didn't listen.....Now I can't stop thinking about the quality tones I hope to get!

I'll report back & let you guys know my findings after it arrives.....

Peace! X

Last edited:
I've decided to just "Go For It" & try out the Axe-Fx II while I wait my turn in line for the AX8 invite.:eek:

It's going to be more than I need as I'll just create some basic 1-amp rigs at 1st, but I need to hear, understand & mess w/ the Fractal tone. :D

I'm going to need some help & will try to use the "Search" tool here before asking too many dumb questions. o_O

This is going to be the ultimate tone test for me since I really don't consider myself s deep tweaker at all. I was told a long time ago by many guitar friends to move over to Fractal & I just didn't listen.....Now I can't stop thinking about the quality tones I hope to get!

I'll report back & let you guys know my findings after it arrives.....

Peace! X

X,

Did you buy the XL + or a used one?

What pushed you to do that?

I'm considering the same but buying a used mark I or II. Still unsure on that as I like the idea of the portability of the ax8.

X,

Did you buy the XL + or a used one?

What pushed you to do that?

I'm considering the same but buying a used mark I or II. Still unsure on that as I like the idea of the portability of the ax8.
Hey Orbm1......

I still want & believe that the AX8 is going to be what I truly need in the end, but I'm not going to know that for awhile.

I've never had stellar tone before & worked hard w/ lesser units to varying results. I stopped & analyzed how much money I've spent & lost trying gear that just wasn't right for me at all.

I'm a HUGE modeling fan & have heard the tones that I love over & over again......& it's always been the Axe FX!

Fractals list for the AX8 is very long & my head might explode from the wait. Now that I have all my guitars set up (& I truly found the perfect ones for me in Carvin guitars) & a crazy good FRFR system in the Friedman ASM-12's......well......I need (ok want, needs a strong word) the best amp modeling & have waited long enough.

I paid my dues w/ the 11-Rack for 5+ years, tried Helix & it's just time for "aXe-Mann 2.0 XL+" to emerge! :eek::D

Spending time here & meeting the Fractal community made this happen.

X

PS - I got a new XL II +.......& more will follow (trust me). Watch my Instagram page at XMANNROCKS or XMann.Music on Facebook for my adventures in Fun guitar & all things Winter NAMM too! :cool:

Last edited:
Wheyy you bought an XL+? Nice one dude! :D

Something tells me you won't wanna part with it once you get messing around with it! It is the complete package when all is said and done, USB interface, dual amps and more fx instances that you can shake your cock at haha.

Wheyy you bought an XL+? Nice one dude! :D

Something tells me you won't wanna part with it once you get messing around with it! It is the complete package when all is said and done, USB interface, dual amps and more fx instances that you can shake your cock at haha.
Nice, that's what I'm gonna do too! :eek::D:p

I knew you'd come to the dark side eventually! I too still have loads of love for my old 11R and the ability to download every patch on the ERUG page all in one fail swoop. Here it's one at a time sooooooooooooooooooooooo slow.

Back
Top Bottom