X-Mann + AX8 + (2) Friedman ASM-12's = \m/

Welcome X!! Nice to see ya .I think you will love the AX8

I am Gtr37 from TGP and have been following the H trials there

Last edited:
hey x-mann i had noticed you on the gear page diggin on the helix. are you still good with it or is the honeymoon over? been following that enormous thread and curious to know if the helix falls short or are you just adding the axe to your sounds.hard to judge sounds over the internet but a lot of what i heard with the helix sounded like the hd 500.
I don't want to turn this thread into something negative or a Helix debate, so I'll just say the following.

I got some usable tones & documented in video & audio what I was able to achieve w/ it. There's an input issue & everything feels too HOT. It also took a long time to dial in for me as well.

It's a great product & can be fixed w/ firmware updates over time too.

It just wasn't the right product for me, so I sent it back & moved on.

The AX8 is probably the right tool & choice for me now. I didn't spend enough time looking at all my options & again, I want/expect a Pro level Rig & tones for $1,400.......

Note: It did sound better in the room then I was able to capture, but all the drive pedals felt & sounded almost the exact same as well.

Never trust any gear review from others & test these units out for yourself. Your gear, guitars & hands make all the difference too. Testing these things out for over a week is also a key thing here.

Peace! X

Last edited:
Welcome X-Mann! Longtime Carvin user (late 70s), and a former 11R user as well (it doesn't see a lot of "on " time these days). Been on the Axe Fx bandwagon for years now and looking forward to the AX8 release. Glad to share the waiting line with you.
Hey Rick, sounds great & anyone that uses Carvin, the Eleven Rack & the FX8 is a ok w/ me! :D

X

Welcome X!! Nice to see ya .I think you will love the AX8

I am Gtr37 from TGP and have been following the H trials there
Hey, hey Gtr37 from TGP.......Sup?

We're going to ALL have a great time exploring the AX8 together here! I can't wait to see & hear what you guys think & come up w/ on this epic new product.

Exciting times people!

Peace! X-Mann

IIRC Fractal has never been on NAMM.
I thought so, but wasn't sure. I have seen the Axe-Fx2 at many booths, but never at a Fractal booth.

I was hoping that since the new AX8 is going to release right before Winter NAMM that things may be different this year. Plus, I just wanted to meet Cliff & or Mark too. ;)

X

Hey X-Mann, question on your ASM-12's. Have you listened to the Matrix FR212's? I'm either looking at the ASM-12 or those FR212's. I already have a GT1000FX to power the FR's. I live in southern Cali, however it's still a long drive up to Tone Merchants for the ASM-12 and Matrix in Oxnard. BTW, l love the Splawns as well, I have a couple QR's and a SR. Using the SR with a FX-8 until the AX8 comes in.

Hey X-Mann, question on your ASM-12's. Have you listened to the Matrix FR212's? I'm either looking at the ASM-12 or those FR212's. I already have a GT1000FX to power the FR's. I live in southern Cali, however it's still a long drive up to Tone Merchants for the ASM-12 and Matrix in Oxnard. BTW, l love the Splawns as well, I have a couple QR's and a SR. Using the SR with a FX-8 until the AX8 comes in.
I'm sorry that I can't help you out here at all man. I've only played through 1-other FRFR powered wedge that I borrowed from my friend Jim & I hated it. There was a lot of feedback & it just didn't work out well.

I took a chance on the Friedman ASM-12 based on the looks alone because I'm pretty much that shallow on the inside! :p

Jokes aside, I did a lot of research 1st, called Friedman, talked about the different components & the license that they share w/ other company's as well (aka B52).

The quality construction, clear sound at high volumes, crazy good headroom & stellar amp like looks make this model worth every penny to me.

In fact......guess what showed up today at "Studio-X"? o_O

Twins Basil, twins!!!!!

Good luck & peace! X-Mann

PS - The Friedman ASM-12 is NOT a special order anymore & Sweetwater now carries them in stock. Oh, & the price is whatever you negotiate w/ them too! :D

Last edited:
Welcome my friend!!!!

Cant wait to hear the tone you will get with the AX8, you did wonders with the Helix!
Thx Nick, thx! :cool:

I'm really trying to up my tone game here & create the perfect gig rig.

I've got some uber FUN AX8 demo videos planned & I'm ready to Rock out w/ the Killer amp selection too!

Splawns, Bogners & Friedmans oh my! :eek:

X

Thx Nick, thx! :cool:

I'm really trying to up my tone game here & create the perfect gig rig.

I've got some uber FUN AX8 demo videos planned & I'm ready to Rock out w/ the Killer amp selection too!

Splawns, Bogners & Friedmans oh my! :eek:

X

Hey X-Mann I see you finally made:cool:
The forum will never be the same:p
I see a new X-Mann/Axe8 compilation track in our future:), maybe get Neil to lay the rhythm tracks
Rock on Brother X

Hey X-Mann I see you finally made:cool:
The forum will never be the same:p
I see a new X-Mann/Axe8 compilation track in our future:), maybe get Neil to lay the rhythm tracks
Rock on Brother X
Please DON'T warn these guys as to what's going to happen on the forum here next Zac! :eek:

I have BIG THINGS planned for this forum & lots of FUN to be had by all. I just need my AX8 (& I love that there's an "X" in it too) & then the games will begin. HD videos, forum jams, Zaza & more........much more........:D

The X-Mann Cometh! :cool:

Ho, Ho, Hold on a minute.......Meijers already has their Christmas decorations out! :eek:

So I was waiting around in the store for the wife & I found lots of AX8 ads, just in time for X-Mas my peeps! :D

Since nobody in my family's going to have this on their radar for me this holiday season, I'll have to buy one for myself w/ my extra Helix return cash. :eek: :p

It's going to be just crazy on the forum when the AX8 e-mails start to go out next week. :confused:

We're almost there......almost there......& it's going to be nothing short of awesome boyz! :cool:

X

Last edited:
I'm sorry that I can't help you out here at all man. I've only played through 1-other FRFR powered wedge that I borrowed from my friend Jim & I hated it. There was a lot of feedback & it just didn't work out well.

I took a chance on the Friedman ASM-12 based on the looks alone because I'm pretty much that shallow on the inside! :p

Jokes aside, I did a lot of research 1st, called Friedman, talked about the different components & the license that they share w/ other company's as well (aka B52).

The quality construction, clear sound at high volumes, crazy good headroom & stellar amp like looks make this model worth every penny to me.

In fact......guess what showed up today at "Studio-X"? o_O

Twins Basil, twins!!!!!

Good luck & peace! X-Mann

PS - The Friedman ASM-12 is NOT a special order anymore & Sweetwater now carries them in stock. Oh, & the price is whatever you negotiate w/ them too! :D
The Doctor approves of the Friedmans anytime.....:cool:

Ok....To anyone that doesn't know me......My goal is forum FUN & entertainment 99.9% of the time!

I was talking on another thread & it took us to some Friedman amps talk....then a link of Phil-X was posted........& now.....THIS (See below)!

Surely. PM if it's 14A! LOL!!
Ok......Small thread derailment in 5....4.....3....2......(BOOM)

Short Version: I got to talk w/ & meet Phil-X 3+ years ago at my 1st Winter NAMM show & HE WAS AWESOME!

Long Version: I attended my 1st even Winter NAMM show & got in on a Dave Friedman/Monster Energy Drinks concert w/ the Steve Stevens all star band. I actually got to talk w/ Phil-X through e-mails to get on the VIP list. This was before Phil was in Bon Jovi full time too.

I went to the concert, met Phil-X, Dave Friedman & Diego Val from the Voice. The concert was awesome, Dave was awesome & I bought drinks like it was going out of style.

I woke up the next day (w/ a huge hangover) & looked at my phone. I had some texts from Diego & pictures on my iphone that I DO NOT remember at all. In one of them I'm holding him like a baby & he's flipping off the camera! :eek::p

I've met Phil-X at every NAMM show now & each time we talk about his adventures. He is the single coolest guy next to Zaza that I've ever met. I always "Thank" Phil for his signature "X" line of pickups, guitars & now Friedman amps too!

I will NEVER be famous, but I'll always have these signature "X" amps & products! :D

Peace!

X

Last edited:
Dave Friedman, X-Mann & Diego Val (The Voice) \m/

I sware I don't remember this one!

Phil-X & X-Mann....\m/

I've been very lucky to meet ALL of my favorite Pro players too! These guys are all the cream of the crop & not only killer players, but awesome guys that really take the time out for their fans. It turns out that all of these guys are Fractal players too! Hmmm!!!!! :rolleyes:

Neil Zaza is the most talented guy that I know & one hell of a human being. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom