Wish Wish please - Mimic (Mimiq) Block

+1 - mine has gotten complicated partly because I have my rig set up to select either Enhancer or Mimiq or HX Double Take. I thought HX double take would eliminate Mimiq, but it's not quite there (I find the transitions the HX does are too pronounced compared to Mimiq which "wanders" more smoothly / pleasently
Same, not a fan of the double take, it’s way too obvious and unnatural sounding. The retro reel however, with modulation off, is JUICY

One side of the signal (left in my case) goes untouched and does not pass through the pedal. The other side of my signal (R) goes through the mono In/Out of my stereo Mimiq pedal (set to 1 voice, all wet, no dry, tightness at noon). This yields the full (and best imo) effect of the pedal (I'm not keen on >1 voice - also why I think the mini (mono only) Mimiq version is really all one needs (the stereo multi dub aspects
of the stereo pedal are not great or
superfluous imo).

Ok that makes sense. So basically it’s exactly the same as running the normal way on the "1 dub" setting, but you’re just bypassing the dry side of the pedal completely. So you’re splitting your guitar’s signal before the mimiq. Gotcha.

Last edited:
probs a dumb question but are you guys using this pedal : gtr>mimiq>axe fx or using the mimiq in an effects loop configuration and just placing those In/Out blocks before 2 separate amps in the grid that each have their own signal path? any panning of these amp blocks also?

probs a dumb question but are you guys using this pedal : gtr>mimiq>axe fx or using the mimiq in an effects loop configuration and just placing those In/Out blocks before 2 separate amps in the grid that each have their own signal path? any panning of these amp blocks also?
hardpanned amps - wherever mimiq is placed it needs a stereo path after it. Sounds slightly better before hard panned amps to my ear but good after as well.

When I was using it I just ran the right (processed) side in front of a second amp. On 1 dub mode the left side has no processing so there’s no reason to run it thru more cabling and another round of AD/DA conversion. So you can actually just use the mini pedal 100% wet on one side for the same effect. Both amps hard panned. Using slightly different amps / cabs hard panned helps with the width and realism of the stereo image in addition to whatever else the mimiq is doing.

Back
Top Bottom