Wicked Discovery - Setlist Maker + Ax8

Actually, IIRC, the SetListMaker app can be programmed to send the scene, as well. The way to do it is by using the Raw MIDI(hex code) field, found in the MIDI presets data area.
No shit! That's awesome, I have no idea what to write in there, do have an example or a reference?

No shit! That's awesome, I have no idea what to write in there, do have an example or a reference?
Although I have not tried it with the ax8 yet. I have used set list maker with other devices and certain raw data can be learned by set list maker.

Here is a video I made for set list maker (SLM) and the Voicelive 3. May not be the same but may give you some ideas on how to set it up.

When I have time I'll do a video with the ax8 and SLM

Well, try this... (I'm saying that, because I have some things programmed into my SetListMaker, but honestly can't remember if I was able to try it out, and see if it actually works, or not)

Anyway, I've written in B0 22 00 in for several Scene1 patches. I've got B0 22 01 written in for Scene2 patches, then B0 22 02 written in for Scene3 patches, etc. Could someone who's hooked up properly try these, and tell me if they work?..;)

Assuming they do, then I'd REALLY like to know if I actually need iOS9.2 to make the USB hookup work, as i asked earlier!

Well, try this... (I'm saying that, because I have some things programmed into my SetListMaker, but honestly can't remember if I was able to try it out, and see if it actually works, or not)

Anyway, I've written in B0 22 00 in for several Scene1 patches. I've got B0 22 01 written in for Scene2 patches, then B0 22 02 written in for Scene3 patches, etc. Could someone who's hooked up properly try these, and tell me if they work?..;)

Assuming they do, then I'd REALLY like to know if I actually need iOS9.2 to make the USB hookup work, as i asked earlier!

I tried this out and it works perfectly. I can use setlist make to select songs and Scenes, I am assuming that effects would be a breeze also. The only issue is that since the AX8 does not send out CC, the learn function in Setlist Maker cannot ID the Hex code, so you have to know the code.
For me this is very cool and very useful.

I am running the latest IOS, so I cannot comment on an older version.

This and having Axe Edit on IOS would be killer...

Yep, I have a video of me using it with a wireless midi controller somewhere. Really cool program.

How do you set it up so that you can switch patches with a foot pedal or the iRig?
Obviously your hands are not free during a song. (I don't have an AX8, only Mark II

I tried this out and it works perfectly. I can use setlist make to select songs and Scenes, I am assuming that effects would be a breeze also. The only issue is that since the AX8 does not send out CC, the learn function in Setlist Maker cannot ID the Hex code, so you have to know the code.

Delighted that that actually works! Hopefully, I'll be able to make use of it soon, as well.
Since Señor Moment is a regular visitor here, I can't now remember how I found that code i mentioned. However, I suspect I googled around, and found some charts that contained the info. I seem to remember it being fairly arcane, but trial and error must have eventually proved successful.
Anyway, my point is that you could probably do a similar search, and find the hex code required, as I did. Good luck!

my band does this with one of these new live players which can automate everything on the axe (or multiple devices) via midi file that is synced and tempo mapped with stereo backing tracks and clicks which our drummer operates. You make a playlist of backing tracks with a midi file for each song to control pc and cc changes on the axe.

The feeling of standing on stage and having all of your presets and control changes autmoate without needing to use and footswitches or pedals is pretty amazing.

http://cymaticaudio.com/products/recorders-players/live-player-lp16

FWIW - OnSong (only available on iDevices) does the same - with it's "in app" MIDI feature purchase.

FWIW - OnSong (only available on iDevices) does the same - with it's "in app" MIDI feature purchase.

I did try OnSong, but it did not do what I wanted at the time, full automation.

In SLM I am able to launch a song, it will change the preset in the unit (a VL3 in my case at the time), I can start the backtrack using it automation playback and even do the changes within the preset in time with the backtrack. In my case at the time I could change the guitar effects, take delay in my voice, harmonies, etc without touching the pedals of my VL3. Of course, I would have to record the automation ONCE, but then it was done. It is AWESOME. Basically what you can do with the VL3X but with an iPad.

in OnSong, I was able to do some changes but they were per sections, and sometimes harmonies and delays happen for sentences, not sections in a song.

Maybe OnSong has changed?

@Rick, were you able to try it? How did it work?
I have just had time to hook it up to the AX8 and update it, so I know the powering via the midi port is happening, and communication between it and my iPhone is happening. Hope to get to more this week, if work and band practices allow.

Unfortunately, I have to get a newer iPad to work with Quicco mi-1. It would be worth it though, since I found the camera connection kit to be a bit unstable.

I kind of do the 3-digit version of this. My Gordius Little Giant has a 10-key function. I punch in the number for any song in show and the footswitch streams program changes, CCs, even pitch wheel commands, and everything -- Axe-Fx patches, backing tracks, even FX sliders on mixing board -- do what they're supposed to do in an instant.

Since I do a zero-setlist show with all lyrics memorized and grab every song randomly throughout the night, it works well. The backing tracks automate all scene changes so all I have to do is sing and play.

When my memory goes to shit, I'll go the iPad route. Slowly but surely the apps are getting more capable.

Back
Top Bottom