Wicked Discovery - Setlist Maker + Ax8

I understand that if you are hooked up to Ax8edit via USB, it 'costs' CPU. Do you see any CPU cost with set list maker?

I don't see it costing any cpu, all your doing is sending midi program changes via USB. Should work provided your iPad can run set list maker.

It also worked perfectly with my iPhone!

How much work is it to get this setup?

Once you have set list maker running and setup on you iOS device, it's pretty easy. You have to make sure you buy the midi automation upgrade.
Now I don't have to look for presets or reorganize presets when the setlist changes. Just select the song on the iPad, press the midi icon, use the switches on the ax8 for scene changes.

Using IPAD + Set List Maker + Camera connection kit and the USB cable.

I can send program changes to the AX8, it works flawlessly.

Yahoo, game changer for me...managing set lists and presets just became a lot easier...

It also works on the AXE FX2!

Now if the iPad could show what was assigned to each switch better than the screen on the AX8, I'd really have something.

Once you have set list maker running and setup on you iOS device, it's pretty easy. You have to make sure you buy the midi automation upgrade.
Now I don't have to look for presets or reorganize presets when the setlist changes. Just select the song on the iPad, press the midi icon, use the switches on the ax8 for scene changes.

You'll have to assign a PC to each song in SetListMaker, I guess?

Since there's no way to work with songs and set tempo's and other parameters (using cc's) - this might look like a good solution.

The Camera-to-USB-camera cable for the iPad works well.
No need for a iRig interface.

I just set this up today - Bought the iPad camera connection kit - hooked up via USB to Ax8, and the rest was easy once I found page 96 of the manual

The Camera-to-USB-camera cable for the iPad works well.
No need for a iRig interface.

I've been using the SetListMaker app for a while, and can attest that it's quite capable. It can serve as storage for a LOT of different stuff... song lyrics, chord charts, tempo cues, keys, as well as the program change automation described here.

I've not personally used the PC implementation, myself, but would love to start. Following the link posted earlier for the Lightning-to-USB camera adaptor, I see the specification "Requires iOS 9.2 or later." My iPad is still on iOS 7.0.4. Does anyone know if the adaptor truly REQUIRES iOS 9.2 to work properly?

Edit... I don't own an AX8, yet. I'm still using my AxeFx2... so my curiosity really concerns the iPad3-to-AxeFx2 hookup!

Just select the song on the iPad, press the midi icon, use the switches on the ax8 for scene changes.

Actually, IIRC, the SetListMaker app can be programmed to send the scene, as well. The way to do it is by using the Raw MIDI(hex code) field, found in the MIDI presets data area.

You do not have to press the midi icon - On the automation tab, you can select that setlist maker sends the midi PC, when the song is selected.

You do not have to press the midi icon - On the automation tab, you can select that setlist maker sends the midi PC, when the song is selected.
This I know, but sometimes I hit the next song on the iPad before I finished the previous one to see what coming up. I have to stop doing that!

Back
Top Bottom